Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not working correctly since updating to iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, our team has reported this issue is resolved. If you haven't already, please update your app to version 2.45. I'll be closing this thread for new comments. If you are experiencing GPS issues with your tracker and iOS device, please see the help pages below. If that doesn't resolve the issue please post a new comment.  

I've merged a few threads together. Our team is aware of some users having issues with GPS intermittently disconnecting during exercise after updating to iOS 11. Users see incorrect distance or see "Check Fitbit App" message. I do hope to have a fix soon and will update this thread when I learn more. 

If you haven't already, check out this article on why GPS isn't working for potential fixes. If you are still experiencing this issue you may also want to try tracking your run with MobileRun and GPS as a workaround. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

My Charge 2 keeps telling me to check FitBit app when I try to use it for tracking GPS, but the app is fine. This is since I updated the IOS yesterday morning. 

Allie
Best Answer

@Alicat2104 Thanks for your report on this issue! We received a few other reports issues with GPS issues after updating to iOS 11. Our engineers are currently investigating. I'll update this thread as soon as I know further. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hiya. I'm also having this issue since this morning, and I haven't upgraded to ios11 yet. Guessing this is an overall GPS issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem since updating to iOS 11. Hope Fitbit sort it soon. 

Best Answer

Same. Sprint deal with iPhone 8. Traded in 6. Backed up from old phone. Does not track/map the rides. It does log the exercise time, heart rate, calories, etc., but no route information with the cool map, distance, avg. speed, etc.

Best Answer

I'm also having this problem. I am using an iPhone 6s Plus 64 gig running the latest IOS11.0 with a Charge 2, if this helps. Also the FitBit app keeps crashing, while I am using it, mostly when using the challenges or community sections. I am running the latest app version 2.40.1 (719).

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze GPS is not working either since iOS 11.

Best Answer

From what I can tell, mine seems to be limited to a GPS problem. I have Charge 2. The old app seems to be working fine on counting steps, sleep, calories, etc. and it knows I was exercising for X amount of time on a bike because I chose the "bike" activity on the Charge before the ride. Just not tracking where I went, map, distance, elevation changes, avg. speed, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. All was working fine with my Blaze until I updated to IOS 11!

Best Answer

I haves updated to iOS11.0.1 and problem is solved. gPS working now

Best Answer
I have updated to iOS 11.0.1 and the GPS problem is now resolved. Since the fault lay with iOS 11 and not with Fitbit.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also updated to iOS 11.0.1 and the problem is still there.

It can be resolved temporarily by rebooting your phone and starting the GPS tracking on your Fitbit *before* connecting any other Bluetooth devices such as Bluetooth headphones. If you connect another Bluetooth device to your phone prior to starting GPS tracking, you'll be back to the "Check Fitbit app" issue.

Best Answer
Oh my is working perfectly now, showing me the map etc.

Make the most of each and every day, Suzanne Purtow
Best Answer

i've had the same issue since ios11 came out.  is there a fix yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not at the moment, hopefully Fitbit are working on it. You can get it working by deleting the app and reinstalling just before you want to use GPS. This has to be done EVERY time which is a real pain. Hope they fix it soon.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine has been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

CycleGuy what exactly did you do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you fix it? I deleted and reinstalled the app and then GPS worked. However, next time I wanted to use GPS I just got the message check app. If you want to use GPS another time you can’t unless you delete and reinstall app yet again. Very unsatisfactory.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed that it says "open fitbit app" if you open it.  then do the double tap to close all your apps.  then open the fitbit app again it will sync.  its annoying to do but works

Best Answer
0 Votes