Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not working correctly since updating to iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, our team has reported this issue is resolved. If you haven't already, please update your app to version 2.45. I'll be closing this thread for new comments. If you are experiencing GPS issues with your tracker and iOS device, please see the help pages below. If that doesn't resolve the issue please post a new comment.  

I've merged a few threads together. Our team is aware of some users having issues with GPS intermittently disconnecting during exercise after updating to iOS 11. Users see incorrect distance or see "Check Fitbit App" message. I do hope to have a fix soon and will update this thread when I learn more. 

If you haven't already, check out this article on why GPS isn't working for potential fixes. If you are still experiencing this issue you may also want to try tracking your run with MobileRun and GPS as a workaround. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182
Mine is fixed now, there was a Fitbit app update and and update for my tracker itself. They seem to have resolved problem.

Make the most of each and every day, Suzanne Purtow
Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't for me.  I did all of that.   

• Updated to iOS 11.01
  • deleted then reinstalled fitbit app
  • restarted phone

GPS STILL fails.  

Best Answer

I have updated my app and my apple software for  iphone 7.  I have not had GPS mapping since 10/1.  Worked on Saturday 9/30 but not Sunday, Monday or today (10/1-3/2017)  Will see iphone come up on Charge 2 then a few seconds later directs me to "check Fitbit App" 

Best Answer

Same here.  It's not improving.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was perfect until I installed iOS 11 and iOS11.0.1 then GPS stopped working until this latest update for the Fitbit app and updated the tracker itself. Now perfect again. Have you e-mailed Fitbit directly?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

not yet but will it matter??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well they should know if people are still having problems

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s not iOS 11.0.1 that fixes it, it’s the app update to Fitbit 2.41 that resolves the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes that is what I have done. It has resolved the issue.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I have 2.41

Best Answer
0 Votes

updated the app and fitbit yesterday.  been good since

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted then reinstalled the app and no difference for me

Best Answer

Note that you need to force-quit the fitbit app and reopen to have the change take effect.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So has mine,works perfectly now

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

KateFitbit

Do you have a solution yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbitis there a solution yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kinane3  I just got off the phone with support.  They tried to get me to do all the things I already did.  Disconnect bluetooth and reconnect etc after I told them I had updated everything.  Then they said I had to connect the Fitbit to the cord which I don't have with me at work.  Said they will email process.  I will update when I try it.  FWIW - support got very defensive when I said a lot of people are having this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@klez42  Is force quit different from reinstalling app?  Please explain what you mean by force quit.  BTW here is what fitbit support just sent me:

Hi ,
Thanks for your question about GPS and your device.
Our connected GPS feature works with your phone to deliver real-time activity stats like distance and pace during outdoor workouts. After a workout, you can see the details in your exercise history on your dashboard. Connected GPS requires a GPS-enabled mobile device.

For instructions on how to track an exercise with connected GPS, see https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1935.

Note that connected GPS is only available with compatible iOS and Android devices. Windows mobile devices are not supported.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Joe G and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just the standard IOS closure - double-tap home button and swipe the app(s) to be closed up.  Reopened apps will then be on the latest code.  Or (slower but maybe more certain) restart your phone 🙂

Edit:  it's a bit sad that Fitbit support didn't know this would be needed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@klez42  Thanks I did restart my phone as I have iphone 7.   Still no luck.  What I find even sadder is that support is acting like they have no idea this problem is going on....

Best Answer
0 Votes