Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting bedtime reminders though the option is off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m getting reminders such as “It’s just about time to get some rest” (and others) even though my health and wellness reminders are off and sleep goals are not set. How do I get rid of them? It’s annoying!

Freddy

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Me too.  Inspire 2, Ipad Air.  App and IOS are all up to date.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Set the notifications on, adjusted them, synced, turned them off, synced, done all that.  I still get them.  Ita not an every night thing either.  Its random, a couple nights here, a night there.  They'll seem to go away for a week or so, and then I'll get one again!

Best Answer

I have iPhone 10 and Fitbit Sense. It's so very annoying for this to go off, especially since I have my phone on do not disturb at night and the alert still dings...and normally wakes me up. I hope they fix it soon or there will be a lot of very bad press on all social media platforms. 

Best Answer

iPhone 11, Charge 3. Same issue and very frustrating. It’s 22:10 and I’ve just been woken up by your app telling me to go to sleep! It’s clearly an app problem not a user issue so telling people to follow some pointless steps to ‘fix’ it is a complete waste of time. Been hanging on with Fitbit for a while despite continued issues despite my better judgement. If this carries on you’ve made my decision for me! 

Best Answer

Are you really serious? Why don’t I just start over with a new phone or perhaps a different watch.  Fitbit created this issue, you should be able to fix without me having to reboot everything. I really don’t need Fitbit to tell me when to go to bed.  What **ahem** thought that was a useful reminder?  Next watch will not be Fitbit

Best Answer

How this STILL not fixed? I ended up here looking for a way to STOP being woken up by this stupid app.

like everyone else, bedtime reminder is OFF, I never did anything to ask to be told to go to bed at 10pm.

using iOS 15.0.3 on iPhone 13.

seriously, very obtrusive and annoying as all hell.

Best Answer

Why has your team not yet fixed this problem?  As you can see, this is irritating a lot of customers.

Best Answer

The suggested fix worked for a few days but now it has started again. This is so frustrating. How hard can it be for your developers to fix this bug!

Best Answer

I think I found a fix...we'll see if it lasts. But, I turned off FitBit notifications in my iPhone settings, not just the sleep settings in the FitBit app. Those were already turned off. Any notification I want to get can be on the watch, not the phone. 

Crossing fingers that it works. 

Sherry

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was thinking of doing that ^ only there are some notifications I kinda need like when my battery is low.

Just really disappointed Fitbit haven’t realised a hot fix for this I mean surely it’s not hard. Just yet another disappointment added to this list. 

Thinking about it, the fact they force through notifications telling you to sleep is ridiculous. Their competitors are probably cackling right now at how silly this bug is.

Best Answer

Well it's been almost another week and still no fix for this. I'm still within my 15 day return window. If it's not fixed by tomorrow morning I'll box it back up and back to best buy it will go. Apple watch was the same price. Patience is just about gone. 

Best Answer

I’ve had an Apple Watch for a while and will finally be deleting the Fitbit app now. I’m pretty sure Google has Fitbit in their abandonware pool. Over two months with no fix and this is not even the first big bug they’ve had this year. (Periods going back to the 80s was before this.). Shame because I have the scale but this is not cool. 

Best Answer

I have had a Fitbit Charge 3 for two years now and have tried on SEVERAL occasions to get the Bedtime Reminder to work properly with two different NEW iPhones running the latest iOS Operating System.  Everything else on my Fitbit seems to work OK, but the Bedtime Reminder is very sporadic, sometimes it works and other times not at all.  I have essentially given up with the Bedtime Reminder setting and now am using the iOS Reminders App to do essentially the same thing.  The iOS Reminders App is an Apple App so it works FLAWLESSLY.  The Fitbit Bedtime Reminder is a Fitbit App setting, not designed by Apple.  This has been a PROBLEM with the Fitbit App, ALL VERSIONS, for over two years now.  I am amazed that Fitbit either cannot fix the Bedtime Reminder within their own APP or Fitbit just plain does not care.  Two plus years is a long time to FIX the Bedtime Reminder feature of the Fitbit App.  Maybe it is too much of a challenge for the Fitbit App Design Team?  Who knows?

Best Answer

DF139C02-7E34-4EFB-98FF-B248C64B7E41.png

 Still!

Best Answer

I used to like Fitbit, now I absolutely hate it.  Tired of the ads, tired of the reminders, tired of the messages. 

The "time for bed" reminder is the latest annoyance.

Its turned off.  I've done everything in this section to turn it off.  Still there.

Throwing it in a drawer and looking for other options now. 

Best Answer

I'm using the iPhone app version 3.51, and as with others I've been receiving these annoying "Time for Bed" reminders too. I've tried the other suggestions of logging out, restarting, then logging back in again but they still happen. I turn on the Bedtime Reminder under Sleep options, change the time, and turn it back off, and it still happens, at the new time I specified. I'd rather not take the nuclear option of telling my iPhone to disallow all Fitbit notifications, so it seems my only other option is to set it to happen later, after my iPhone is in Do Not Disturb mode.

I've had my Fitbit for several years and never received these reminders until a couple months ago. So it's definitely something recent that their developers broke. Every time I see an update for the app I hope that this is one of the things they fix.

Best Answer

My husband is still getting these bedtime reminders and he NEVER set one.  It is appearing at the time his Sense is set to go into Sleep Mode.  Thank goodness his Fitbit doesn’t vibrate, like it’s supposed to.

Please fix this.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I've at least minimized the annoyance by setting my bedtime reminder (in the sleep panel, under the "gear" settings menu) to be ON for one single day per week, at a time when I am NOT "winding down".  The UI does not allow you to select ZERO days per week, and it does not respect the toggle switch being OFF.  So you have to be pestered at least once per week.

Best Answer

I gave this a try, setting the reminder to on but only selecting one day. Sadly the app ignores this and gives you a daily reminder anyway.

Does anybody from Fitbit actually read these forums or care about their customers? How hard can it be to resolve this annoying bug?

When asked about Fitbit, these days I tell people to look elsewhere.

Best Answer

It looks like it wants everybody to go to bed at 10 pm, cause I get the reminder at that time also, even though I've never set a bedtime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I log out of the Fitbit app on iphone? and how do I force quit?  Never done either of those.  

Best Answer
0 Votes