Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting bedtime reminders though the option is off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m getting reminders such as “It’s just about time to get some rest” (and others) even though my health and wellness reminders are off and sleep goals are not set. How do I get rid of them? It’s annoying!

Freddy

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you've gone through this experience. Every feedback shared by our members never goes unnoticed as it helps us to improve our devices and features. Your comments are truly appreciated and rest assured they won't be the exception.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread. However, if you still have this issue, please check this thread and provide as many details as you can about your experience.

On the other hand, if you have a different issue, I encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

I have had my Fitbit for almost 4 years now and have never turned on notifications for sleep reminders. For the past 3 or 4 nights I have been getting push notifications from the IOS app telling me it’s time for bed. I checked my settings and sleep reminders are still turned off. I also do not have a bed time or wake up time set in the system. All I have is my sleep goal. How do I get these notifications to stop? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @LW624.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Clear your iPhone cache: How to Clear Your Browser's Cache on an iPhone.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  6. Tap the Today tab > tap the sleep tile.
  7. Tap the gear icon in the top right.
  8. Turn on the bedtime reminder and sync your device. Then turn it off and sync the device again: How do I manually sync my tracker or watch?

For more information, see 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit iPhone app version 3.45 installed on Aug 13, 2021 with Versa 2.  Ever since this update was installed, I've been getting "Time to get ready for bed" reminders at 22:00 every night.  I've checked in the app: Sleep tile -> Gear Icon -> Bedtime Reminder is turned off, and Bedtime and Wake up time values have NOT been set.  I do have a 7 hour Time Asleep Goal.

I've toggled the Reminder switch a few times but I can't turn these reminders off.  I DON'T want to silence ALL notifications or use the Do Not Disturb function.  I just want these notifications that I didn't setup to go away.

Any ideas?  If you need more info, please let me know.  Thanks!  randy

Best Answer

For the last three days my phone has been receiving a notification from Fitbit around 10pm that it’s time to wind down.  I haven’t changed any settings to indicate that I want this, and going into sleep settings there is no obvious reason I’m receiving the prompt. All my sleep schedule settings are toggled off. How else can I stop it from telling me this every night?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Fitnbitter.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand your concern and appreciate your efforts to resolve this. If you've confirmed already that your bedtime reminders are set to off in the Fitbit app, I recommend checking if you can turn off bedtime reminder notifications in your phone's notifications settings for the Fitbit app. If you don't see this option, please provide the model of your phone and the OS. I will be glad to investigate further. 

For more information about bedtime reminders, see 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @CaptRandy.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and recommend trying the following:

3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  5. Turn on the bedtime reminder and sync your device. Then turn it off and sync the device again: How do I manually sync my tracker or watch?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @FreddyBZ.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and recommend trying the following:

3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  5. Turn on the bedtime reminder and sync your device. Then turn it off and sync the device again: How do I manually sync my tracker or watch?

By the way, I've moved your post to the iOS App board so we can keep our forums organized.

Best Answer

I did this and it seem to have solved the problem - though I need to see over a longer time to be sure.

Thanks!

Freddy

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @FreddyBZ.

This is great news and I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience! Please don't hesitate to post back if the issue persists. Let me also invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too yet I don’t even have a sleep tab. So no way to make it stop. 

Update:

I keep getting “it’s almost time for bed” notifications after the iOS update. I never set this up and I don’t even have a sleep tab in my Fitbit app. I’ve already reinstalled the app. 

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @modelchick8806.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I understand your concern and will be glad to investigate further. Could you please provide the model of your iOS device and the operating system? 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 11 Pro. Version 14.7.1.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is still there. I’m still getting reminder for bed time at 10pm though I didn’t set it.

Best Answer

Since about a week I get a bedtime reminder without asking for it. Every day I get reminder at 22h.  I can not stop it, because it is not set to go off in the settings. Does anybody know how I can fix this? 

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @FreddyBZ.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists. Could you please provide your phone's model and OS version so I can further investigate?

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, it's good to see you around the forums. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome.  

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I have escalated your reports to our team and they are currently looking into what might be causing the issue. I will be sure to keep you updated as more information becomes available. I appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Please note I have merged several threads with this issue.

See you around.

Best Answer

My phone is iPhone 7 running iOS 14.7.1.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit   My husband's Sense is also getting a bedtime reminder when it isn't set in the Sleep tile.  He has an iPhone 6s running iOS 14.7.1.  Here is the strange thing -- he is getting the reminder at 10 PM, the time that his Sense is supposed to go into Sleep Mode.  Your troubleshooting steps worked for one day.

I have a Versa 3, same phone.  I have a bedtime reminder that is different from my Sleep Mode time.  It has NEVER worked as described (maybe once a month, but no vibration on my Fitbit, ever), but that's a different story.  I turned my bedtime reminder off.  I am not getting a reminder at my Sleep Mode start time.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @FreddyBZIt’s good to see you in the community, @LZeeW.

Thank you for the details mentioned. This information will help our team to investigate the issue and bring a solution to all our affected users. I appreciate your time and efforts.

Best Answer
0 Votes