Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit continues to double down on the new app. Now the heartrate tracker during exercise is gone   Anyone have any suggestions for a new fitness tracker- one that actually listens to its customers and cares about fitness. 

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

Hello @Moses11 and welcome to the Community.  I think this is a new bug in the app and notified a moderator.  I don’t think this is part of the plan.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. It was a feature when I clicked on my exercise for the day, it gave me a graph of my heart rate for the entire workout. It is completely gone- not a bug. 

Best Answer

I came to this forum for exactly this reason.  This was a feature I liked a lot.  Does Garmin have it?

----

I hope you are right LZeeW.  I'll be very disappointed if this has also been removed from the app.

Best Answer

Yes, this was one of the most useful features of the app, sorely missed!  WTF, Google!?

Best Answer

Yes - The heart rate info during exercise is an essential feature. Why would they remove it?

Best Answer

I had this response when I raised it with Chat help so it isn’t an error but a deliberate change :-

“This is for the latest update of our Fitbit app. This feature changed in that way in order to be more simple. I really apologize with your experience with this feature, I will give feedback to my whole team and let them know the issue you are having and probably it will change in future updates’”

Best Answer

Thats what I figured. I got a message taken down because I mentioned something legal related. I bought the fitbit for certain reasons and they are not offering those anymore. 

----

Unfortunately, it is a part of the plan. 

Best Answer

It is bizarre -

if Fitbit isn’t there to track your heart rate during a workout and provide stats for you then really what is the pint in buying it !

Best Answer

And I'll be moving to Garmin if it has been removed from the App!

Best Answer

Maybe premium subscription is necessary for this feature which is removed from standard application?

I am Fitbit user since 2015 and I am very disappointed with Google as new owner. Lot of features of my Fitbit Sense tracker are not working on iOS environment (but they are working on Android) and some are not working in my county zone. I chooses (and pay!!) Sense because I want those functionalities.... That is frustrating... If I want better statistic from my tracker I must pay Premium subscription…. In this case Apple watch is not looking so expensive for me...

Best Answer

Saw a post from a premium user who had also lost this from app so don’t think that is the case 

Best Answer

It looks like a wide-spread server-side issue. If you try it a couple of times and wait for long enough, the Heart rate and Time in each zone sections sometimes come back.

Of course, we shouldn't expect this kind of application or service stability from Fitbit or Google. It's also a bad application design IMHO that the application doesn't return any error but instead silently not showing anything. I believe this issue has been occurring for days.

Will/Did Fitbit acknowledge this on-going issue? @LizzyFitbit 

Best Answer
It doesn’t come back I’m afraid and all previous heart graphs from
historical exercises have been converted to the new text format which tells
you very little, not even max or average heart rate. So it is doubly
annoying as not only has that function disappeared but you cannot see how
you may have progressed in fitness for instance in lowering your heart rate
doing a 5k !
Best Answer

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate the new app any more I went to look at my workout today and was unpleasantly surprised that they managed to do just that. It doesn’t track sleep as well as and the heart rate monitor during workouts isn’t as accurate as it used to be.  Even after I updated the watch. My fiancé and I happy and loyal Fitbit users since 2018, but next I’m pretty sure we’re going to become an Apple Watch household. I’ve already cancelled premium. It’s really sad because I have absolutely loved Fitbit for years. 

Best Answer

Will Fitbit even give an answer to us????

Best Answer

The data is obviously there. While we wait for Fitbit or Google to fix the server-side issue, we can use Fitbit web dashboard for the time being. It shows the details of the exercises.

Best Answer

They haven’t fixed the app yet. What makes you think they will?  Im sure the dashboard will be made “more simple” as soon as they get around to it. 

Why would they mess with a good product and make it worse?  

Best Answer

@Moses11 Because the graph sometimes appears when I try it a couple of times in the app. It is more like a glitch to me at this moment. 

Best Answer

It appears the data is now shown using their "weekly" graph.  Just below the days of the week are several buttons showing Exercise Days, Duration, Distance, Time in Zones, etc.  Time in Zones offers a selection of each zone - Light, Moderate, Vigorous, Peak.  Then  the chart shows those times for each day of the week.  

IOW - you can't look at your Run on a particular day & see what the time in each zone is.  You have to look at 4 different selections, and figure it out.  

This is really a terrible "design" choice.  How can I go back to the prior version release?  

Do better Fitbit.

Best Answer