Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Fitbit app notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does a person delete old notifications from the app? I have notifications going all the way back to March when I first got my Fitbit. There seems to be no way.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
201 REPLIES 201

There is no way I’ll consider their premium package if they can’t  fix this simple problem!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to get rid of them by swiping to the right it then said delete
LHHolmes
Best Answer

Hold onto each each message or notification then delete

LHHolmes
Best Answer

Appears they finally fixed it with the latest update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, not on my phone.

When I swipe right, the screen switches from Notifications to Messages.

Luke27
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I wipe right it goes back to messages. Not fixed on my app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold down the three dots and it will give you an option to delete. At least on my phone it did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not on my phone (Android). When I hold down the 3 dots, item is
highlighted, but no options are available.

Luke27
Best Answer
0 Votes
In my iphone it looks like you need to swipe LEFT, not right... to have the
ability to delete, if you haven't tried both directions yet in your new
version, do try that. And hooray for finally completing the feature for at
least one device, Fitbit!
Best Answer

Thanks! 
the latest version of the software finally allows us to delete! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try holding your finger on the notification it should then allow you to delete it works on my Samsung s9
LHHolmes
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try holding the message etc then delete
LHHolmes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I have notifications going back to 2017. I have had 2 different Fitbit in that time. They won't drop off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IT'S 2021

I STILL HAVE ORPHANED NOTIFICATIONS FROM 2017/2018

PLEASE FitBit Devs... Do something. We have asked for a long time and many of us still have this problem. 

Those of us who are complaining about THREE+ YEAR OLD NOTIFICATIONS are literally your most loyal users. We're still here. Have been for years.

Do us a solid and fix this. Please.

Screenshot_20210227-144021_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Jade - I had the same problem as you!  I have been a Fitbit user since 2012!  I'm on my 4th tracker/smartwatch.  My previous Fitbit was a Charge 2, and for the life of me, I could NOT get rid of notifications and message way back to 2017 and I was one of the first to complain.  I got a Versa 3 for Christmas, and there's been a couple of updates.  When I went into Notifications to see if there STILL was any way to get rid of the 93 notifications - well, beside each notification on the left hand side was a circle with 3 dots.  I clicked on that, and lo and behold, the option to delete was there.  And I went through them all and GONE!  WOOHOOO.....also, I noticed I had a couple of new messages, well, as someone else pointed out, you can swipe the item left or right - not sure - and it will delete it.  Maybe uninstall and reinstall your Fitbit, or simple check for updates, and this could help.  It IS possible now, but I'm not sure which tracker you have - if it's older and if that is even the issue - perhaps not as upgrades should be consistent because it's the APP, not the tracker.  Anyhow, good luck, keep the faith - you can do it!  Let me know if it works, eh? (yep, I'm in Canada)

Best Answer

Thank you! The three dots does now bring up a DELETE option.

However, FitBit... 2 or more notifications per day for about 18 months... That's an insane number of clicks.

I really need FitBit to just purge 2+ year old notifications or at least allow me to select a bunch then delete. 

Doing it this way will make me insanely angry lol

Screenshot_20210227-154447_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-154459_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-154512_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I KNOW - it's a LOT of clicks - BUT, guess what - THEY'LL ALL BE GONE forever!!!!  It'll make you so happy.  Just put something mindless on a screen and watch while you do it.  You'll be done in no time:)

Best Answer

Update...

On the Android app for a Samsung Galaxy, the app crashes after ~12 deletions. 

• Requires a forced app stop.
  • After a few of those, you'll likely have to reboot.
  • I have not tested clearing app/db cache. Only restarts and reboots.

TIP

Deleting items in order seems to slow down the crash frequency.

Best Answer

Hi n1njade!  OMG - so I was able to delete all my notifications all the way back to 2017!  ORIGINALLY. I don't know if you discovered this yesterday, but I sure did.  Fitbit App was down - server issue yesterday morning.  It was NOT good; read it in my google newsfeed. Once I shut my phone down - I use a Samsung Android phone as well - and restarted it, my Fitbit app was back.  However, along with my app being back - all my Freaking notifications were back as well - from 2017!  OMFG!  I have started to delete my notifications again.....but after that server issue, I'm not sure if I'm the only one that suffered from the reappearance of all my DELETED notifications.  I did not suffer any crashes after 12 deletions.  I just keep plugging away one by one, and I know they will be all gone again.  Jeesh.  Fitbit get your sh*t together!  Please.

Best Answer