Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+Infinity In Goal Day?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was doing Goal Day yesterday and once I synced my Fitbit Charge and went to the Goal Day page it said next to my bar "+Infinity". I'm not exactly sure what this means. I also did not reach my goal that day either, so the bar should not have been like that. Also, I still got a trophy although, as I said before, I did not reach my goal .If someone could help me with this that would be great. Thank You.

Here's an image for reference:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, thanks for your reports about this. Please know they have not gone unnoticed.

Our devs and engineers are already aware of the issue and they are definitely working hard towards a fix. These types of bugs are very unpredictable, sometimes the solution is very simple and other times the solution takes more time to develop. However, I've found this thread with further discussion about this topic, check it out! Updates will be posed there. Smiley Happy

In the meantime, I see there has been a workaround posted by @J-flex while our team fixes this. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We're looking forward to getting  you back on business!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
75 REPLIES 75

I just got the same thing - as soon as I joined a Goal Day challenge, my step count was reported as +infinity.  I've synced a couple times and restarted the FitBit app a couple times, and it hasn't corrected itself.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner! It's great to have you here. @SunsetRunner thanks for your report about the infinity sign in Goal Day, I really appreciate the screenshots. Our team is aware of this and they are working to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your understanding! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem with the infinity sign for 2 days.  Hope it is getting fixed.  Very frustrating.

@AngelaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner! It's great to have you here. @SunsetRunner thanks for your report about the infinity sign in Goal Day, I really appreciate the screenshots. Our team is aware of this and they are working to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your understanding! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any new details about the infinity sign? I was in a challenge today that I had over 200% completed and the bar had a star, plus sign and infinity sign. Also, unsure if it's related, but the screen on my Surge wouldn't swipe to reveal my steps either.
Best Answer

Sorry, I don't. This was only a one-time occurrence for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @db29 welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 @SurlGurl and @db29 if you are still experiencing issues with your app showing the infinity sign please reach out to our support team for assistance. @SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing! 

Keep me posted! 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

The same thing just happened to me today.  My steps ae showing on my dashboard but not in the challenge. 

Best Answer

Hello @AuntCindyLouHooHere are some possible reasons for this: 

- Steps are not able to see this steps, because the app is on Live Data Mode.

- You could be manually logging steps or using MobileRun. (Only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges). 

- Challenge participants are not in the same timezone as the creator of the Challenge.

- The battery level on the tracker is low. 

To check if you have disabled the Live Data Mode on your app. You need to go to account, then tap the picture of your tracker and scroll down and disable this option. Also, you can try to log out from the app and log back in. 

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Best Answer

I am also getting the + Infinity symbol in my latest Challenge!  My Fitbit Zip is still recording the correct amount of steps.  I am winning this Challenge, but I'd like to get it fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange.. I thought it was fixed by now or at least in the process. A few months ago, I had the same problem again. However, it wasn't towards me but for one of the people I do Goal Day with. It actually happened yesterday to the same person. (9/25/16)

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SunsetRunner I think that is just saying you got more steps in that goal day than previous one, not sure.
I've only seen the symbol show on goal achievers?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, @SunsetRunner and welcome aboard to our Community @runbe27.

Note this was an issues that our team was working, so if you are seeing the same issue, please refer to the suggestion of my friend @AngelaMa on her post. The best is to contact our Support Team to report this issue.

If you have more questions let me know. Hope to see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just found this post going back to July. Has it not been addressed by now with updates? I am now getting this weird little symbol beside my name.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0357.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Brands, is nice to have you here in our Community. At the moment the only update while our teams are working to fix this glitch, is to approach to our Customer Support Team.

I appreciate your time in sending us a picture and letting us know you are experienced this glitch.

If I got more updates about this issue, I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I also have the infinity sign on my challenge today and it's not updating steps on the challenge.IMG_7672.PNG

Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm receiving the +infinity symbol from a fitbit friend on our challenge today, too. I've never seen it before. Does anyone know if this glitch has been fixed? Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue, one of many glitches that seem to be happening lately... ☹️

Best Answer

Why isn't there a site posted where you can check out all the symbles and be

done with it. It is too hard to look up when people write in for help and you have to search for the answer. Everything is so hard! Especially the wristband!

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer