Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Charge 2 compatible with iPhone 10?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if the Charge 2 will be compatible with the new iphone 10? I can see it says it's compatible with "iphone 4 or later" but when I search for "iphone 10" or "iphone x" on the page where you can type in your phone model, this doesn't come up with a match?

Please advise 🙂

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, it did not work.

ugh.

Best Answer
0 Votes
More specifically I deleted my Charge 2 from the Fitbit app then tried to reconnect. I would get a number on the Charge but when I entered the number on the app it would fail with code 403. I deleted the app then downloaded the app again and logged into my Fitbit account. It immediately connected to the Charge 2 even though I had not added it back in the app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the iPhone 10 and my fitbit charge 2 is no longer working.  Please fix.  Does your ion work with 10.  I only had the charge 2 for 6 months.  I would hate to have to my the upgrade.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My charge 2 did not work with my new iPhone X. I deleted the Charge 2 in the Fitbit app then tried to add it back. I got an error code. I deleted the Fitbit app then reinstalled it on the iPhone. I then logged in on the app and it instantly connected to the Charge 2.
I then had problems getting the Charge 2 to connect to the iPhone GPS for an activity. I made sure all the settings on the iPhone were correct. I read that force rebooting the iPhone while the app was open would make it connect. It worked. I later found that setting Fitbit location services to always instead of “while using the app” made it work without the reboot.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Chemboy, I'm very glad you hear your issues with your Charge 2 and your iPhone X have been resolved by changing the setting for Location Services to always. 

To everyone, please note that the iPhone X is now a compatible device and you will be able to set up or sync your tracker with it. In case you're having trouble setting up a tracker or syncing, please reply to me with the following information so I can determine which steps should we take next:

• OS version currently running on your iPhone X
  • App version currently installed on your phone (go to the app and tap on Account > Help to get it)
  • List of the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. 
  • Error message (in case you're getting one) and a screenshot of it.

Thanks for all your patience and understanding, please feel free to any relevant information you think it will be helpful as well. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to let me know. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Latest ios 11.2.6, iphone x, charge 2, app version 2.46 (744). 

Tried restarting fitbit, reinstalled the app, now it cannot find fitbit. 

Best Answer
One day it was funny, it just synced with my phone out of the blue. I love
the feature of being able to read my text messages on it!!

--
*Melanie Johnson*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just set up my new iPhone X since it’s now compatible...but my phone won’t locate my charge 2! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pryts, welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. It's nice to see you too @Melanie1821, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

@Melanie1821, I'm really glad your issue has now been resolved, I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know! 

@Pryts, thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. If your tracker is not being detected by the Fitbit app on your iPhone X I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Restart your Charge 2 again, only this time leave it plugged in and charging.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Update the app if needed
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds, then turn it back on.
  5. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  6. Try to set up your tracker once again:
    • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
    • When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

This is my problem...so I even tried to delete the charge 2 and readd it but it still cant find it...so then I went to my old phone and tried to add the charge 2 again...but it couldn’t be found!! So lame that I have to put this much time and effort into a product!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HelloAlysha, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know you still have your old phone around. It's possible that your Charge 2 established a Bluetooth link with your old phone, which is preventing it from syncing with your iPhone X. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your old phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, turn off that phone and try the steps I provided earlier to try to set up your Charge 2 as a new device on your iPhone X.

I hope this helps, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I updated my iPhone X with the Fitbit app. It works but the notification is stuck on its last use from my old phone. It doesn’t show current. I think that is an app update correction Fitbit needs to do.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

We just bought our new iphone X today and can't get the Charge 2 to sync with the phone.  I've read all the postings -- some could, some could not, but it looks like the X is capable now, so I'm frustrated with why it isn't syncing.  Here is the info you asked for:

ios....11.2.1

fitbit app ....2.46 (744)

I just get the message..... "looking".....

I have turned bluetooth off and back on.

I have turned the phone off and back on.

I have uninstalled the app and installed it again.

Now what?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it!  I read the other replies from you and saw that it might still be syncing to the old phone.  Yep.  That was it.  Once the old phone was turned off, we were good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pattyhons, have a warm welcome to the Community, thanks for joining the conversation. It's nice to see you too @MichelleP1, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

@pattyhons, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved and I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know it has. 

@MichelleP1, if it seems Notifications have been stuck because of your old phone and if you don't have it around anymore, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications by following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my Fitbit charge HR 2 & my brand new iPhone X. I have latest operating system on phone & latest update on app.  I can sync everything, but I am still not getting notifications on my Fitbit.  I got so spoiled this last year reading from my Fitbit instead of phone.  

I have forgotten fitbit in my Bluetooth on my old phone, turned it off, and sent it away for recycling.  

I have forgotten Fitbit in Bluetooth and forced closed app on iPhone X.

Then let it “find” it again.  

I have performed the “pairing” exercise you mentioned to MichelleP1.  

But text and phone calls still will not show on my Fitbit.  Any ideas, please?  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @IncTaxQs, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to ask you to check if your Charge 2 is not currently in the "Do Not Disturb" mode. To check this, press and hold the button on your Charge 2 for 2 seconds, a vibration and a message will let you know if this mode has been turned off or on. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

Marco, 

thank you for your assistance.  

Yes, indeed, it worked.  Funny, the Fitbit synced with phone fine, but couldn’t get text messages.  I suspect that notifications got shut off when the Fitbit was in my pocket while cleaning house.  I had no idea that it was off.  Strange how it happened at the same time I got the new phone.  Thank you so much for the quick and accurate response.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @IncTaxQs, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All this time I thought it was my iPhone X that was keeping me from getting texts and reminders to move!  YAY!  This makes me happy in my heart Smiley WinkHeart

Best Answer
0 Votes