Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Charge 2 compatible with iPhone 10?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if the Charge 2 will be compatible with the new iphone 10? I can see it says it's compatible with "iphone 4 or later" but when I search for "iphone 10" or "iphone x" on the page where you can type in your phone model, this doesn't come up with a match?

Please advise 🙂

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Hello @NickiT, thanks for joining the conversation and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad you're able to receive notifications and reminders to move.

Now, if there's anything else I can do for you or if there's anything you want to add, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help you.

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco,

My Fitbit charge 2 stopped syncing last night.  I did not change any settings on my iphone X or Fitbit.  Here are steps I have done to try to get them talking to each other again. I tried forgetting this device in Bluetooth because phone said they were not connected.  It didn’t find it. So I turned off Bluetooth for 20 seconds.  I turned bluetooth back on and waited for it to find it.  It didn’t.  So I tried to sync again hoping it would find it again. But it doesn’t even see the Bluetooth on my Fitbit or can’t discover it.  Turned off phone for a bit and tried the above again.  No luck.  

I have not set up a new Fitbit because I didn’t want to lose my old info.  Will I lose it if I set up a new charge 2? What if I remove the charge 2 and try to add a charge 2? Pretty sure I will lose data on that last option.  

Software is up to date.  Thanks for any insight.  What happened?  How did they just stop talking to each other?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @IncTaxQs, I  hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Please note that your Charge 2 can store up to 7 days of detailed information and 30 days of general information such as daily totals. So in this case I would like to suggest you try to set up your tracker as a new device in your account to reset the connection between the phone and the tracker. If you do, please do not remove the tracker first, we will just set it up on top of the one in your account; thus, replacing it.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s June 2018 and I still can’t connect my Charge2 with my IPhoneX. Any solution soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @helka19

Is your tracker information not updating to the app, or are you just not receiving text/notifications on your tracker?

NickiT

Best Answer
0 Votes

NickiT,

My Fitbit is now syncing perfectly with my iPhone X.  I had to reset the Fitbit for it to start getting texts and phone call notifications again.  To do this:

(1) Make sure your App is up-to-date.

(2) Put the Charge 2 on its charger.  

(3) Hold down the button on the Fitbit until it restarts.  

This is should solve a lot of syncing problems for everyone.  Happy Stepping!  IncTaxQs

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still doesn’t work for me. Tried it a couple of times, phone still couldn’t find the fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone X
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NickiT, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Pryts@IncTaxQs and @NickiT, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@IncTaxQs and @NickiT, I appreciate your help with this situation, thanks for your participation in the Forums.

@helka19, are you still having trouble setting up your Charge 2 with your iPhone X? If so, please reply to me with the following information so I can check this further:

• OS currently running on your phone
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • List of the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

@Pryts, thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanx for looking into my problem.

My OS is 11.4 on my iPhone

The App version is 2.52 (765)

I have tried to restart the tracker by holding the button until the fitbit logo is shown on the screen, the tracker was in the charger by this time. I have remove the app from the phone and installed it again and also restarted my phone. I have removed the app from my old iPhone so it can't connect to that. When i try to set up a new tracker it's just saying Looking... and nothing more happens. 

Cheers,

Helen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @helka19, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s working

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a Charge 2 for my boyfriend and we have IPhone X's he can not get the text message feature to work. It took a couple tries to get the phone calls to sync. Is the update done or are you all still working on it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Press and hold the side button to turn notifications on

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chemboy and @pattyhons, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. It's great to have you on board @Jeneye1, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@pattyhons, I appreciate you have let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@Chemboy, thanks for sharing with us some troubleshooting steps, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Fitbit Community. 

@Jeneye1, if you have already tried @Chemboy's suggestion, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to the phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer