Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Custom food logging (Calories revert to 0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone- 

I've merged a few posts together. We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
219 REPLIES 219

Okay so I tried using the calorie help setting where you put how much you want to lose etc...cause I wasn’t losing weight like I was before. Then I realized when I went to see how much calories I would have for the day it was way too high. So I customized it but when I add the food I’m eating through the day it logs but doesn’t take away from the the calorie total nor does it add the workout calories I’ve burned to the total amount of food calories. Is this just the way it works or am I doing something wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I enter a custom food, I go to a lot of effort to get all the counts right, but have just realised that when I save the food, it is not saving properly! It greatly reduces the amounts of the protein, fat etc when you save and log it, but if you go back and edit the custom food, it is all correct again. I’ve been thinking I’ve had a huge protein deficiency in my diet for months thanks to this. I’ve attached screenshots. I wonder if it is because I am using grams, after kilojoules in the app went haywire a few months ago.

0BC5A51F-170A-4952-AA42-D17B74D98306.png

A309AB00-C2AA-4E45-B43B-B66574E991D4.png

186F6076-5B71-4E9D-AFA0-355D850633E4.jpeg

It would be great if you could get this working accurately again, I have recently gone vegan so am making sure I’m keeping an eye on how many grams of protein I have per day. So annoying and not to mention potentially dangerous to know I’ve been looking at totally incorrect data all this time.

The summary above shows 22 grams of protein yesterday, but by just adding up the three main things I ate, I hit at least 56 grams. 😞

Best Answer

Any response to this? I wouldn’t have thought I’d be the only person it was happening to ... 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! This is Rene, user for FitBit charge 3 with Iphone 7 plus. 

I have bought the timepiece for several days but when I add new food item, the calories amount will turn to zero automatically after saved. 

I have already turned off the app, restarted the phone but the problem still occurred, may I have your advice how to resolve please? thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The custom food log function is messed up. There is no decimal point on the number pad and the calories don’t save. This worked fine until the last update. What did you do!? Please fix it ASAP 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer

You should change the title of your post to “custom food logging broken”. Or mention “bug” or something. Need the developer team to notice this. 

Best Answer

This is not the actual tittle you should have given to your post...my dear

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the latest update, I now enter custom food and it comes up with zero kilojoules when I save it no matter what number I enter.

B90A1848-3761-4CDA-96A6-E3795BD62FA0.png

I have also noticed despite being in kilojoules, the day’s summary graph is in calories:

1ED0195D-3A3B-4ABE-986B-5A4B642634A5.png

As well as this I have noticed the decimal point button is gone when entering kilojoules, fat, protein, etc. And even when it was there it would randomly round my entries up or down, for example I’d enter 14.7 and it would save 16.

This whole feature is a complete disaster at the moment and needs a complete overhaul. Could somebody from fitbit please take a look at these problems!!!

Best Answer

I thought I was the only one! I noticed this after v3.18 two days ago, which was ironically to fix some other bugs and improve performance lol.

The numpad that shows up looks like something from a telephone (“ABC” showing up under the number) and my food kept saving as 0 calories and “Food Name ?? Food Brand ??”

For a temporary fix, I’ve been using the website to create custom foods, but Fitbit Team, please look into this bug. I fill out as much information as possible with my custom entries and it was very frustrating typing everything into the app only to have it save completely incorrectly.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue.

Best Answer

When adding custom food in the tracker for the last week once entered and saved the calorie count is zero regardless of serving size. 
it was working fine last week. 

Best Answer

@ShaunmarshNZ custom food can not be added through the tracker. Food needs to be logged through the Fitbit app or their web interface. 

Which is it? 

Best Answer

I was trying to add a custom food and the calories would not save. All other nutrition facts will save (fat, sodium, protein, etc) but the calories will not. Also, I used to be able to put decimals in under different nutrition facts (like 4.4g of fat) now it only lets me enter whole numbers. I’m using IPhone X. Please help!

Best Answer

Sorry, I was talking about the food tracker on the app.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Thanks for taking the time to report the issue you are experiencing with the custom food log. 

I have forwarded this feedback to our product team, who are investigating what might be causing this issue to occur.

I will be sure to let you all know once more information is available. In the meantime, I recommend keeping your Fitbit app up to date. Thanks again for calling this out! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Twice I have tried to create a food for my food log. It was for fig & hazelnut loaf by M&S. each time after saving the number of calories saved as 0 calories instead of the input figure of 279 per 100 grams. This makes the created item useless and I cannot delete it. Is there a current problem with creating items for the food log

Best Answer

I also have this issue 

Best Answer

I get this, too, except the calories that it defaults to for 100g is for the calories from fat, not the total calories. Worked fine until the recent update... 🤦‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as of this morning.  Please help.  Also key pad no longer allows decimals for carbs.

Best Answer