Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Custom food logging (Calories revert to 0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've aware of an issue when entering a custom food, total calories are dictated by whatever the number is for "Calories from fat". If you have 0 calories from fat, you will see 0 Calories. 

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
219 REPLIES 219

Like @Rich_Laue said above it needs to added on the computer. I can not be added on the app

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

This is happening on my app too. Do we know when it will be fixed?

Best Answer
Is this a new change? I have been adding custom foods via the app for weeks and it has worked fine. I can still add foods via the app but now the calories are not calculating, the food is there for me to select but all custom food has 0 calories.
Best Answer

I’ve been using my Fitbit app to count calories for years and it’s always worked great. But just yesterday it started not letting me add calorie counts to custom foods (we’re cooking and banking a lot with this stay at home thing😝!). I plug the name of the food/recipe, the units (tbs in this case), and the calorie count, and it looks fine til I hit Save, and then the calorie count reverts to zero.

I’ve tried logging out of the app, restarting my phone, and logging back in to no avail. I’m using the latest version 3.18 (wondering if that’s the problem, as this was fine before I updated).

Anyone else experiencing this, and any ideas on how to fix it?

Best Answer

My Versa 2 app is not allowing me to add custom foods. I go to the custom area, type in the food, add the calories and all other fields and then click save. When I try to log it for a meal it says 0 calories no matter what calorie amount I put in before saving. It does this for every custom food I’ve tried to save for the last few day’s. I have the Versa 2 and the latest version/update of the app. I have the iPhone XR. I have already tried: to exit and reopen the app, restart my phone, and restart my Fitbit. Nothing has fixed my issue. It was working fine last week and allowing me to add custom foods but it has not allowed me to these last few days for some reason. 

Best Answer

What device is your Fitbit App on @rwahl 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I said in my post I have an iPhone XR and the latest firmware/update. 

Best Answer

Exactly the same thing for me. I tried the same. Quit the app, close my phone ... all the food I added that went to 0 calories can’t be deleted ... Sad that this is happening:-(. 

Best Answer

At least I’m not the only one, I guess... I’ve created dozens of “new foods” in the past with no problems—hope they will fix this soon!

Best Answer

Can not create custom food.

It will not save the calories amount.

Always 0 calories.

Anybody else have this issue?

Best Answer

sweet mama I thought I was the only one! I’ve used this app for like 3 years and this problem just hit me. Whenever I try to add custom food it doesn’t save the calories no matter how many times I try to edit. I’ve tried pretty much everything from force quitting the app to restarting my phone multiple times but nothing will work. I wrote the team also and they just told me to log my food on my computer but it’s so uncomfortable! I really really hope there is a solution to this and i’m relieved i’m not the only one with this problem.

Best Answer

Yep, the software is a buggy nightmare.

Best Answer

Hey, I’m getting the exact same problem suddenly since 3.18. Perhaps something’s broken since this release...

Best Answer

Same! I’ve tried everything - logging out, restarting my phone, turning Bluetooth nothing’s working 

Best Answer
Not yet! Frustrating. It will accept foods that are already on the list, but not new ones that you manually enter as "customize". I wish they'd hurry up and fix it!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Still having same problem.  My Fitbit Alta is up-to-date, I've "rebooted"----the works, but nothing has proven successful.

Best Answer

Same is happening to me as well.  It started yesterday.  Quite disappointing & frustrating.

Best Answer

I just entered a food item with all nutrition information, however, it will not hold the calories that I added. It shows a 0 calorie count. Any suggestions on what to do? I tried the edit feature and it does not change the calorie count. 

Best Answer

This title actually helped me tremendously because this is the issue I am having with mine 

Best Answer
Yes, the title has been updated.
Best Answer
0 Votes