Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

Just updated to the latest version 2.53 .... now all food inputs change or even delete when using the app ... input midget gems and it becomes seafood risotto... it’s happening on my mates iPhone as well .... tried a hard restart did not cure it  so cannot input any food ... anyone else with this issue 

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem (iPhone 6, iOS 11.4.1) no new Food-entry. 

Best Answer

I can add food on my iphone and they show up for a second in the summary but disappear just as fast. This is only happening with some foods and they still seem to be counted in my calories in. Tried logging out and back in but it did not solve the problem. 

Best Answer

This morning my IOS app got an update. Now when I add items to my macronutrients they literally change to something completely different after I hit save. Glitch?  Virus?

Best Answer

I am facing the same issue. Since the app update, the food log entries are disappearing randomly. Some stay there and some disappear. The macro nutrients also keep changing. When I restart the app after closing, it brings down the total calorie intake again.

Best Answer

Upgraded today and when logging food the app either drops previous entries, enters the wrong item, or will not log the item

Best Answer

Yes, same issue here. Either drops entry or enters a totally different item (eg sprouted coconut instead of protein powder).

Best Answer

Having the same issue here. It just started for me today. It’ll let me log some food but others it won’t. Or if it does it doesn’t appear on my list. Hopefully this issue gets resolved. This is why I dislike updates.

Best Answer

Today when I log my food in it either changes it from my log entry or doesn’t add it at all. For instance when I add my lemon honey detox drink from my created list and hit save, it changes to tomato ketchup. And when I try to add my oatmeal and hit save it doesn’t add it to my log. This is just since this update from this morning. It has worked fine prior to that. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. When I insert a food it will automatically delete it or put it in a random order. I can’t input anything past what I had for breakfast. Kind of irritating. (iPhone 6s - I think. It’s the red one)

Best Answer
Yeah I have the 6s and I haven’t updated software on my phone. I have been having problems all week with my fitbit. I had to reset it because it wasn’t syncing to the app now this.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

The exact same thing is happening with my app now too.  I use an iPod (up to date iOs), and just updated the FitBit app, and now when I enter a food it changes to something else completely.  I entered chicken breast that I had for my lunch, and the app changed it to multigrain thins.....WTH?  This is something that needs to be fixed ASAP otherwise we will not be able to log our foods at all.  PLEASE HELP!!!!

Best Answer

Same problem here with the new app. I was chatting with someone from Fitbit and they had me send them a video of this problem. They said they are looking into this. The only way I can get the food to stay correctly logged on the app is if I log in the food from fitbit's website.

Best Answer

Entering my food for the day and each item is defaulting to a different food. Also, the items for the day are not being listed, only the total calorie intake for the day. Has anyone else encountered this problem and what can I do to fix it? Thanks 

Best Answer

Yes I’m having the same problem with newest update 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Frustrated.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue with logging in my food.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

I'm having much difficulty with the food log as well.  The food I enter keeps disappearing from the total, almost immediately, and I can't keep anything on the log.  Just started today with this update.

Best Answer

Im the same ... log food but it doesn’t register , started happening straight after app updated 😡

Best Answer