Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

Entered half and half end up with ice cream. Someone really screwed up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update.

Aditionnally, my tracker (charge HR) does not sync on any machine (mobile, PCs....)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any closer to a fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I`ve still got problems logging  food. The same issues as raised by everyone else. Thought it was working yesterday only to find everything had disappeared by the evening. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@holidayrunner keep an eye on the main thread for the latest news. A fix is on its way but not here yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad to hear a fix for tomorrow is coming.   

An an earlier post was deleted as off topic - it was not. I noted that Blackberry as a system failed because of a lengthy system crash.  That is a risk for Fitbit.  It’s a good product but there is competition.  So a fix now, though late, is good to have. 

Best Answer

Brilliant news

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fix is only partial. Now the calories for some food items, especially those from my custom list, are included in the calculation of total calories but the foods don’t appear in the list. They pop in for a moment and then disappear. Anyone else seeing this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you... it’s pissing me off now!

LP
Best Answer

@Mabbtt5 wrote:

The fix is only partial. Now the calories for some food items, especially those from my custom list, are included in the calculation of total calories but the foods don’t appear in the list. They pop in for a moment and then disappear. Anyone else seeing this?

I don't think the update has been rolled out yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now my heart rate monitor has been over 150 for over 24hours. I have it off at the moment because I am getting so aggravated with it and it is reading 80. What is going on? It worked great now nothing is accurate or working correctly. Very frustrating for such an expensive device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having problems logging the food in my IPhone. I can not input any food. It is so frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this new update address all the issues?  Food or logging correctly, stair counts not logging correctly & heartbeat not registering correctly? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem - either deletes the food logged or changes it into something completely different. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it still doesn't work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mila26 see my previous post 

There's nothing we can do until fitbit fix the problem. Keep an eye on the main thread for this problem as that's where they post updates:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777

Best Answer
Thanks much for the update!! Where can I find the main thread?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks a lot! It sounds like we are close to a solution here!
Best Answer
0 Votes

After the latest update of the app, inputting the food does not work. I searched on here before calling and saw that several people had the same issue. Thought maybe it must have been a virus or something. So I waited. But it's been days and there has not been a new update or anything. Is there something I can do to resolve this issue?   Or is Fitbit working on it? 

Best Answer

Fitbit's working on it and are close to a fix. Keep an eye on the following thread which has their latest updates:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777

Best Answer