Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

In my case, the food logging appears to be working again.  (UK User).  If I find any other things not working as a result of the update I will be sure to let you know. 

My thanks to Fitbit for providing the solution.  I would, however, encourage Fitbit to review the comments made by users in this thread and ask that they reconsider how they handle their communications when things do go wrong.  We all want the same thing - we all want happy users and a sustainable company producing products that we can enjoy using and which help our daily lives.

Once again thank you for solving the current problem, I hope this will be my last post in the forums about things not working for a very long time.

Signed

A little less worried new user.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eric, New update has restored my food logging on my iPhone. Thank you very much for the hard work and the update. Rich

Best Answer

I went into last update app, it said open but I tapped on the Fitbit symbol and that said update, mine working fine now🤞

Best Answer

I updated and it seems to be working fine now logging food. Thank you! It did not log my sleep patterns from last night however. I will see tomorrow if it logs them for tonight. 

Best Answer

Hi, I hadn’t been having this problem as I hadn’t updated the Fitbit app, however I have just updated and am now having the problem of added food  disappearing or recording incorrectly - some data on frequently used foods are coming up with crazy figures.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Live well, love much, laugh often,

Jeanne
Best Answer

FINALLY. Only took a week, hey... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The caloric count appears to be fixed. But food entered doesn’t appear on the screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working... I updated to version2.53.1 and still can’t enter food logs.  I also tried rebooting my iPhone with no success 

The fix is not working... I updated to version2.53.1 and still can’t enter food logs.  I also tried rebooting my iPhone with no success 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked - thank you!

Best Answer

Fix not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer

Updated version still not allowing me to log my lunch. My breakfast stays but the lunch disappears.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is not solved here in Germany. I’ve tried to log food using the USA and EU databases and none worked. A cup of Nescafé turned into 243  calories (usually 2 cal) and I cannot save honey

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated 2,53.1 and all solved, thank you 😊

Best Answer

Still not working correctly on mine 

Best Answer
Something still seems wonky. I was at 15% carbs on the day with breakfast of 1 egg with gruyere cheese, 1 turkey sausage link and coffee with cream and lunch of 4 chicken nuggets and when I went to add 8 Brussels sprouts, carbs went to 23% on the day.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not see iOS update immediately.  Had to refresh the App Store Updates and then was able to update.  Seems to be working great again.  THNAK YOU!

Best Answer

I don't think this is solved... I did the update and continue to experience the issues..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Solved. Thanks!!

Best Answer