Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488
I found it on the App Store under ‘updates’
Best Answer

Same thing happening for me. Enter yogurt and get creamed corn. Items entered appear briefly, when disappear. What’s going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have updated your app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  I tried that too but still no luck 😦  I have an iPhone 7  help someone !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is an iPhone 7 too. Sorry I can’t help you . 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did earlier. I tried again just now, and it seems to be working. Will do some more testing. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The app was normally updated via App Store. After this everything works fine on my iPhone 7 plus.

Best Answer

Fingers crossed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah that didn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the new version 2.53.1 and I still cannot log my food. I can only do it on Fitbit.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try deleting and then reloading the Fitbit app.

Sent from my iPhone 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer

Debelliote-

I had this problem at first, and I don't know if your issue is the same as mine, but I'll pass my experience along:

In the app store, it just showed "Open" next to Fitbit. It did not say "Update".

I had to tap on the Fitbit icon to go to that app itself, and that's where it said "Update".

After doing the update, it now appears to be working for me.

Best Answer

App updated to 2.53.1 automatically a few minutes ago.

Tried scanning UPC code - added just fine and the web account was immediately updated as well.

Tried adding one of my custom foods - good results there.

Tried adding something that I have only logged only once and had a clean update to the app and the web.

First blush it looks well.

I've said it once before and I'll say it again - regression testing people.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

I have downloaded the 2.53.1 and I still cannot log my food in.

Best Answer

Thanks for you comment Lisa. I did what you said by refreshing my App Store and the update appeared and it works! 

Best Answer

Just did the update and was able to input all my food for the day and it didn't disappear or change to something else.  Thanks so much

Best Answer

Not a fix here: I have version 2.53.1, and the same problems persist--things like "honey creamer" being logged as penne pasta and other things not showing up as logged at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.It is working 

Best Answer

That sucks!  My update worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,my display still does not show calories left for day on dashboard or food page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes