Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

Seems to be working just fine after updating. Thank you!

Best Answer

I go to the App store and theres no update listed for today. Last update says 7/11

Same here and i have an iphone

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not sorted.  I’ve reinstalled app on iphone.  Restarted iPhone.  Food still not logging.  Please fix

Best Answer

Tried. Didn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not logging food correctly ?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve reinstalled app. Rebooted iPhone.  Still not logging correctly 

Best Answer

This works fine now 👍

Best Answer

Dumb question, I have looked.  Where do I find the update.  I have search the app store to no avail.

Best Answer

Installed the update fix (2.53.1) early this afternoon. Just tried it on three items that had scanned but wouldn't save, and they seem to have worked properly.

I agree that the communications from company spokespeople was weak. I ascribe that to what I assume were a scattering of CYA management types trying to not be blamed for letting this bug through, compounded by the usual legal and PR hedging.

For those still having issues, have you filed a problem report or are you just venting on the forum? Because at this point, you may have found a different bug that needs addressing.

Best Answer
I did not update at all and my food log seems to have corrected itself.
Thanks so much fitbit!
Best Answer

Many time when I input food, it either doesn’t show up or it puts it in as the wrong item such as today I put in Kraft avocado oil mayo and it keeps putting in salsa instead and my protein shake shows up on the list, but when I click it, it doesn’t show up on my lists no matter what meal I try to add it for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@debelliotte wrote:

Dumb question, I have looked.  Where do I find the update.  I have search the app store to no avail.

I want to know this too

Best Answer

Seems ok at the moment 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is still not working. When I enter food some stay on the screen and some disappear. 

Best Answer

The update appears to be working! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Figured out to update got to Fitbit and click on the app, not on the “Open” button. It takes you to a more detailed screen with an update button

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Seems fine with the couple of food items I have tried to log. Thank you for your hard work. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  is the update working for ios 11.4.1 version too? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to google Fitbit update and install it from there. Didn’t show up in App Store.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes