Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
I have the same issue, and sent Derrik a screenshot. Good to know it's not
just me.

fhhsN7ft0kMRJ7RbN65jGX-d3_yKW7wNgv11k1H6H0?si=4793671858257920π=97d64ffe-88f
a-463b-b2eb-547992a370d2>
Best Answer

Hi there. I really like the new dashboard. I'd just like it to update all of the tiles as I toggle through the days, not just the hero (top) tile for steps/floors/miles/cals/mins. I track my sleep daily (I wear my fitbit to bed religiously to track my sleep) and like seeing my sleep in conjunction with each day's activity. Sleep affects one's energy level and athletic performance and I like being able to see all my day's data in one view (not having to drill down into the sleep charts) to see how my overall lifestyle habits and choices impact each other.

Thanks!

Best Answer
Yes, mikejh is on point! Fitbit NEEDS to offer BOTH dashboards as an option. If the old dashboard is removed, I will sell/throw away my Charge HR as it will become useless. I just convinced my cousin to get a Charge HR of his own instead of the Apple Watch simply because of the things the dashboard does. You can tell it's not sure to esthetics as the Charge HR isn't really something you'd want to wear to the club, whereas the Apple Watch isn't too ugly. However, the dashboard of the Fitbit IS its major selling point! Exchanging functionality for simplicity is NOT the way to upgrade a product. Everything does NOT need to look like the iPhone! I told my cousin to wait to purchase, because if the dashboard changes, then he would be wasting his money on a Fitbit. If the dashboard changes, we will be forced to find another activity tracker or to track activities the old fashioned way: guesstimating with pen and paper.
Best Answer

can you make the weight dial go from left to right instead of the left to the right it really bugs me on my computer it goes left to right. It really screwed me up all day and show the weight you are at.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm checking out the new dash and already I can see a problem. For me the most important thing is to see how many calories I have eaten, how many I have burned, and how many more I can eat to stay within my goal.
Number of steps is unimportant, number of floors is unimportant, mile, "active"minutes , all of that is completely unimportant. But these things I find unimportant are locked into the top spots on my dash....
Also on the old dash there was a section to show general info about my workout for today, I don't see that available on this new one.
One more thing.(you have heard this already I'm sure) when you swipe to see yesterday's info, all of yesterday's info should show.
I have used a Fitbit religiously for a few years now and it has changed my life. So thank you. And keep up the good work.
Comment
Vote 0
Best Answer
😍Love the new Dashboard! Great new intuitive design. Great job FitBit developers. Much more modern, flow is better & more motivational at a quick glance! 😊
Best Answer
First off, I love the new dashboard. It's easier to just glance and see where you're at. I have an issue that I haven't seen others report. I have configured my dashboard to show steps, miles, cals, active minutes, sleep and hourly activity. When I switch from one day to the other everything other than sleep and hourly activity get updated. The sleep and hourly activity show stats from today. I'm using version 2.23.1 (525) on an iPhone 6s running iOS 9.3.2

Thanks.
Best Answer
Is there a way to have the new dashboard display pounds left to lose instead of pounds lost? I like the new dashboard but I want to see what's left. It keeps me focused on it. I see 40 pounds lost I think "I can cheat" I see 15 to go I'm more focused on getting there.
Best Answer
The "track exercise" tile does not show up on the new dashboard! I have tried everything from editing, to restarting my phone, deleting the app, and registering my Fitbit as a replacement. Help!
Best Answer
On the main screen there is a square with a plus sign in it. Click on that.
Best Answer
There is an update in the App Store as of Yesterday (6/9/16). Will this update change my dashboard permanently to the new and useless one?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Regarding the update from yesterday: It is version 2.23.1.
Best Answer

@LuvSk8ing182 wrote:
Regarding the update from yesterday: It is version 2.23.1.

It is safe to do the update.  I can still switch between dashboards.

No improvements on the new version yet...

Best Answer
I hate that the KG goal in the new dashboard says how much you have lost and not how much you have to go! It was my main feature each morning logging in and seeing how many KGs are left 😞
Best Answer
It definitely NEEDS to show how much you have LEFT to lose. There's little motivation when you see what you've already lost as opposed to the massive amounts of motivation you get from seeing even a one pound loss.

Why are you guys on the Fitbit software team taking away features and customization settings?!!?! An update should enhance the current features and settings, not remove and limit them!
Best Answer
Just reset my sister's APP Fitbit. It was 'driving her crazy'. We do need to option for either display.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The track exercise tile is gone. I like the new look but I want the track exercise tile so I know it was registered so it can interface with my fitness pal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mystkght @kalynahtaylor There's a chance that your Track Exercise tile is hidden on your dashboard. Click here for instructions on how to unhide it.

@tigerwizards You can currently turn the new dashboard preview on or off by:

1. On the dashboard, open the Account tab. 
  2. Tap Advanced Settings.
  3. Turn on or turn off Preview New Dashboard.

Hope this helps you all out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

+100 there!

I've been using the preview dashboard since it came out and I'm 95% sure it used to switch the data for all the tiles when I went back to previous days.

But it stopped doing this as of the last update, and only switches the data in the main tile. I actually reported this issue to FitBit support thinking it was a bug, but they told me it was by design.

So now I'm here to say this design is HORRIBLE and I really hope that Fitbit fixes it or lets me go back to the old dashboard permanently. This is because:

1. It's confusing to switch days and the have one half the UI switch to data for the day you selected while the other half display today's data

2. I care a lot more about data like sleep and exercise than things like "calories burned" or "distance" so it's very annoying that you'd make me tap on each tile to get the historical data.

3. I want to be able to see data for 2 days at a glance often, and requiring me to drill into history via each tile is frustrating.

Please get your UI fixed.

Best Answer

I do not like the new dashboard because when viewing the dashboard for previous days, the tiles at the bottom continue to display data for the current day, not the previous one/s.  I want to view all tiles of historical data for the day when I'm scrolling back through previous history.  I do not want to click on each individual tile to see the historical data for that tile category only. 

After contacting Fitbit Support, I switched the 'preview' dashboard off in my settings so that I'm back to the original version where I can see steps, calories burned, floors, sleep, etc...for one day all at a single glance.

Please fix the new dashboard version to do the same before releasing it for general or mandatory use. 

Personally, I prefer the old format with the horizontal rows over the circle and the tiles of the new version, but my biggest issue is being able to see all data for one day in history.

Thanks.

Best Answer