Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741

I love the new dashboard but have had to go back to the original one because for some reason when I click back to previous days it doesn't show my sleep data for those days, it shows the most recent day's sleep data on every day. If I click on the tile, I can see the daily information but it doesn't show up on the dashboard itself. So, if I slept 6 hours yesterday every previous day will show 6 hours of sleep on the dashboard.

I've tried:

• removing and re-adding the sleep tile
  • logging out and logging back in
  • switching to the regular dashboard and back
  • updating the app when the most recent update was available
  • deleting and re-installing the app

None of the above have worked, so for now I'm on the old dashboard.

It looks great, though. Once it's functioning properly I look forward to using it.

Best Answer
the new dashboard on HR is a nice feature. However I noticed it is not possible to scroll back to yesterday etc to compare data. For example, sleep duration: I see today's sleep duration, however the duration yesterday and all earlier days shows the same as today's. Does the app need to be fixed/ updated?
Best Answer

Hi @Seka

Have moved this thread from the Charge HR to the iOS App section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much.
Best Answer
0 Votes
yes so true many times I look after midnight and see nothing and can't scroll back! we need a better "upgrade" the feedback from customers is crystal clear!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only one. I've gone back to the old dashboard and hope they can fix this issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Just because something is "expected behavior" doesn't mean that's what customers want. Not being able to see the previous day activity, food, sleep on the dashboard makes the new dashboard useless.
Best Answer
yes. that is what I want. I do not expect to see today's data when I scroll back in time!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@healthy17 wrote:
I am disappointed to read that eventually we will no be able to revert back
to the old dashboard. Hope you will listen to our concerns and address them
in a future revision before that happens!

Honestly, if we're forced into this new dashboard the way it is currently, I'll sell my fitbit and move to something else.  There's nothing so special about fitbit that I'm going to force myself to use an intentionally bad app.  There are other choices out there for identical methods of measuring my calories, and that's all I have a fitbit for: making sure my net calories are accurate.

@DerrickS Just because something is 'expected behaviour' doesn't make it good or correct. I'd argue that your designers' expectations are bad. Well done to them on writing software that met their expectations, but their expectation of good UX is way off.

Best Answer
New dashboard (with Charge HR) was working well until today. Data for previous days still reside in old dashboard (and also still there if you drill down within tiles in new dashboard ) but on main display screen, everything BELOW step info is showing only today's data when I scroll back to previous days. I've reset (v122) to no avail. Any ideas?
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I got curious and the 2 most common issues mentioned are:

1.  All tiles need to show past data when looking at past days - mentioned by 23 unique posters so far, or 28% of everyone who posted anything here, excluding mod posts.

2. Bring back the color progression of blue>yellow>orange>green instead of just blue>green - mentioned by 10 unique posters so far, or 12% of posters.

(Yeah, I have a bit of OCD.  And I really hate the past tile issue.  And I would like the colors back.  So knock that one up to 11 people and 14%.)

Best Answer

@KT-in-BC wrote:
New dashboard (with Charge HR) was working well until today. Data for previous days still reside in old dashboard (and also still there if you drill down within tiles in new dashboard ) but on main display screen, everything BELOW step info is showing only today's data when I scroll back to previous days. I've reset (v122) to no avail. Any ideas?

This is "expected behavior" of the new dashboard, which lots of us do not like.

Best Answer

@BrotoriousNIG wrote:

@healthy17 wrote:
I am disappointed to read that eventually we will no be able to revert back
to the old dashboard. Hope you will listen to our concerns and address them
in a future revision before that happens!

Honestly, if we're forced into this new dashboard the way it is currently, I'll sell my fitbit and move to something else.  There's nothing so special about fitbit that I'm going to force myself to use an intentionally bad app.  There are other choices out there for identical methods of measuring my calories, and that's all I have a fitbit for: making sure my net calories are accurate.

@DerrickS Just because something is 'expected behaviour' doesn't make it good or correct. I'd argue that your designers' expectations are bad. Well done to them on writing software that met their expectations, but their expectation of good UX is way off.

Exactly!!

Best Answer
Hi there! So, I updated to the new dashboard, takes some getting used to but it's nice having it all there instead of the columns. However, randomly my Fitbit stopped syncing with my phone. The battery is fully charged and tracks my steps but doesn't sync with my phone. Finally I got so annoyed I removed the device and tried to set it up again as a new device. Now the device doesn't register when searching. I've gone into the main website which says no device active. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. Turned off and back again the Bluetooth connection. Any advice? 🙂 Thanks!
Best Answer
Never mind! Finally, after 4 times of plugging it up to the charger and attempting to fully power down the device, I was able to and once it booted back up, it synced!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here the tiles have stopped showing previous day's data when scrolling. This worked up until yesterday
Best Answer
+1 for ditching my Fitbit Charge HR and Aria if we're forced down the new dashboard route.  When I chose my first Fitbit device in 2013, the clean app design was part of the purchase decision.  

Putting aside for a moment some of the specifics of the way the new dashboard displays historical data, UX designers should understand that some people prefer infographics, some pure data.  The classic dashboard works well for the latter demographic, with numbers and simple colour coding.  Giving people the option of the new style dashboard is more inclusive for those who prefer infographics; taking away previous functionality is not a great call.  Surely with such a large installed base Fitbit can afford to support the two formats for data representation in the app?
Best Answer
I love the new dashboard!
I am however, having trouble with it. I have the Fitbit One and when I try to log my sleep, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'll hit "begin sleep now" and when I wake up and try to say I'm awake, it's as if I never told it I was sleeping. Also, the other day, when I said I was awake, it began recording my entire day but stopped at 12:30am. I was asleep at 12:30, so I don't even know what happened there... No other issues at all, and this issue just presented itself in the past week. Anyone else?
Best Answer
0 Votes

go to your account. Scroll down the page to settings, click on advance settings. On the top of that page is a preview New Dashboard click the button off. I do not care for it much either. to white. Does not show your weight for the day. things seem backwards

Best Answer
0 Votes
Derick, thanks for this wonderful overview of the new dashboard. I note the quick menu picture you show includes the activity log. Mine does not. Any thoughts on how I can also have that feature on the quick menu? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes