Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
Just saying, I don't like the new dashboard either. The old one is more simple to use and read. Fancy doesn't mean better guys!! If I want to see things from m yesterday there are only a few things that show for yesterday on top and the tiles remain for today, really?!?! At least make it so the tiles show for yesterday if I'm looking at yesterday. The info I need for yesterday doesn't show up at all and I don't use my computer hardly at all so why would I want to log on on my computer just to see yesterday's info?? It should be right there in the app. Not happy at all!! I just don't understand why companies always have to change things when they're not broken. If it still rolls leave it alone!!
Best Answer

Hi everybody,

I appreciate everybody's candid feedback about the iOS dashboard preview and I will make sure that it gets forwarded to the appropriate channel. 

Additionally, you can find more information on the iOS dashboard preview here.

@Deed704 @JanetLynn You can revert back to the original dashboard by: licking the account button in the bottom right-hand corner > click advanced settings at the bottom > toggle "Preview New Dashboard" at the top off.

@blister That's very strange. Does rebooting your iOS device help? If not, how about logging out of the App and then back in? Lastly, can you post a screenshot of this issue? Please keep me posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_6164[1].PNG

Here you go Derrick, good luck with it - have tried reboots etc. Everything is on latest release/update. logged out and in - still not showing...
Thanks for looking into it,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the new dashboard!  My favorite part is when the top tile goes crazy when you meet all of your goals!  I find it very rewarding!

IMG_0434.PNG

Best Answer

"First, a rather big glitch.

When scrolling back through days, only the top tile with steps/floors/active minutes/miles/cals updates and shows what you did for that day.  All the other tiles stay on your current day.  Please fix."

THIS!

I raised it as a bug and they told me to reset my Alta. It's not my Alta it's a bug in the new app...

If I scroll to yesterday I want to see the stats for yesterday not today!

I can understand the total number of days of activity being current tbh but the amount of sleep and the amount of active hours have to reflect the day that you're viewing. Otherwise it's rubbish. I've turned the new dashboard off again and won't be using it until they fix this no matter how nice it looks.

Best Answer

@DerrickFitbit wrote:

@kid41usa @healthy17 @Vickib7 @rkatdean @WeatherRich This is expected behavior. In order to see your historical sleep/water/HR/weight data on the App you need to click on the dashboard tile. From there, you can see all of your historical data. 

Just the number of users you have had to tag in that particular response should tell you that it is not the expected or wanted behaviour as far as your users are concerned!

I want to be able to scroll to see everything for a particular day just as I do in the old version. It seems that's what all your other users want too!

Best Answer
I don't like the Preview's waste of screen space. Icon or tabs that show no data. So, you must go from the Preview screen to get to the summary. Ex. The hourly activity icon does not show any activated hours.
The layout causes more scrolling that the 'old' main screen to see data or find an icon / tab.
Best Answer
I truly hope we have the option to keep this. I don't get why some people think its boring. I absolutely love it. So do everyone of my friends who have fitbit. I hated the plain bar look. This design is completely more desirable. Much easier to see everything without having to scroll everywhere. Please keep this or let us opt to keep or go back.
Best Answer
My activity shows active minutes. Theres no scrilling with the new design.
Best Answer
0 Votes
All mine has all data so it must be the persons phone. I've got iPhone 6.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Now my iPhone 6 Plus won't sync with Fitbit one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My iPhone 6plus says my Fitbit one is synced but my one has more steps on it then my iPhone Fitbit app. Why is that? What can I do to correct. All help appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with DerrickFitbit! When you tab back through the days of the week, all the info should change to show what your previous day's looked like. I want to see at a glance what yesterday's sleep was like, if I drank enough water, did I get up and move according to my goals, did I hit my exercise goal, did I log all my calories etc. the only one that would possibly not change would be the heart rate.

Also, could you please change it so that ALL the tiles can be moved? I would much rather have my heart rate and exercise goal up at the top rather than the step or calories burned. Everyone has different tastes and different goals in mind. It needs to be completely customizable not just half way.

I also agree with others that the colors need to come back. Seeing the orange was very helpful and motivating. It let us know we were almost there. My friends and I would always say we can't go to sleep at night until all our orange changes to green. With this new format we can no longer get that little bit of motivation. Also, why doesn't the sleep turn green or at least show a star when you hit your goal like before? It's just a dark semi circle. I liked when it showed me I had hit my sleep goal. It made me feel good and start the day right.

After using this format for a couple of weeks I can honestly say I like it but it needs some work. Make it more customizable, bring back the colors and allow for scrolling back through the days of the week and seeing EVERYTHING and I think you might have more people on board with it.
Best Answer

i cant vote for this enough!  love the new style, but miss the color progression.

Best Answer
Hi, too liked the format, have used it for a week and got used to it. I applaude the constructive criticism in your post as oppose to the rants in some posts, after all it is a 'preview' version presumably released to us to create this sort of debate to help & inform the Fitbit designers in providing what we the consumers want.👍
dhywb ?
Best Answer
I had the new dashboard on my iPhone 5s but I just upgraded today to the SE and I can't seem to get find the new dashboard at all!! How can I get the new dashboard? I like it soon much better...
Best Answer
0 Votes
The longer I work with the preview dash the more I uncover its limitations. I like the option of toggling it off and back on. Each has its benefits. Today I realized that there is no way to access calories burned from the new dash just calories in vs calories burned. I would like a tile to be added for calories burned so I can get back in and access history for that.
Best Answer
I tried the new dashboard for my Fitbit Charge but HATE that the prior day tiles for the various activities (sleep, days active, food eaten, etc) only show the current day progress. It's annoying, illogical and down right stupid that I have to tap the tile to see the info for the previous day. The main dashboard (steps, floors, calories, etc) are accurate for the previous day's so why can't the other tiles maintain the previous day to match? I can't easily see if I hit my eating goal for the previous day even when I tap on the appropriate time.
Best Answer
I am disappointed to read that eventually we will no be able to revert back
to the old dashboard. Hope you will listen to our concerns and address them
in a future revision before that happens!
Best Answer
I just remembered the most annoying thing about the 'feature' of the new dashboard that only lets you see today's stats for everything except steps, calories, distance and minutes...if like me you often sync for an end of day status just before you go to bed, that can be close to midnight. Then before you can snapshot your day's success it rolls over to the next day and all the other icons are zeroised 😡😡
Best Answer