Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
I really like the new dashboard on the mobile app. One minor feature is like to see if Fitbit can incorporate it. Is the ability to see a battery % for my device. Not just full/medium/RED. thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I like the new dashboard, but the Blaze icon in top left next to signal & battery icons has disappeared, changed back to 'old' dash and it's gone from there too. Is there a reason?
dhywb ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Toggling between Preview Dash and Previous one caused my Blaze to stop Syncing with iphone6. A restart of Blaze by pressing left & bottom right at same time forced a restart and fixed it 👍
dhywb ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted most of this in my review of the app but figure doubling up here won't hurt.

First, a rather big glitch.

When scrolling back through days, only the top tile with steps/floors/active minutes/miles/cals updates and shows what you did for that day.  All the other tiles stay on your current day.  Please fix.

Second, the Water Tile.

This water bottle icon should turn green when our water goals are met, just like any other goal, and like it does on the old long tile.

Also, and this is an exisitng glitch, when I reach my goal of 64 oz, in the old layout it stays blue and if I go to the water details page I don't have a star.  I have to enter .1 oz for it to register that I've met my goal. 

Third, the Exercise Tile.

When I switched to this new dashboard in the middle of last week it showed the icon I'm used to seeing on the Exercise details page of the person in the shape with how many days of 5 I had logged exercise.

In my opinion, this does not belong on the tile.  Please keep that data about what I have done that day like my other tiles.  If I have not logged an Exercise yet, keep the blue person with the "Track exercise" message.  Once I've logged exercise, show the length at least.  The old long tile also had type, cals and average BPM, but I don't have to have all that if it won't fit.  I would like the little person to go green, which it does not do on the old dashboard. 

Finally, the Sleep Tile.

While I don't mind the new tile, I miss the green moon with star and the positive message when I met my goal.  Maybe just make the moon turn green when we meet out sleep goals?

Best Answer

So reading through other post see that showing current data on previous days for most tiles is "expected behaviour."  Um, what?

Showing us a mix of current and previous day data when we look back at previous days is just plain idiotic.  Period.

Why would ANYONE think that this was a good idea.

Really? WHY?!?

Best Answer
No matter what tile I click on I can see my previous data. Not sure what everyone is doing wrong. Works just fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hawkyou wrote:
No matter what tile I click on I can see my previous data. Not sure what everyone is doing wrong. Works just fine.

Clicking on tiles isn't the issue. It is scrolling back to previous days and then having to click on tiles, instead of just seeing that previous days data (which is why you would have scrolled back to it in the first place)

Best Answer

Please make the new tile view optional - it's awful and I switched mine back. I like the list/bars better.

Best Answer

@Anonycrom wrote:

@hawkyou wrote:

Clicking on tiles isn't the issue. It is scrolling back to previous days and then having to click on tiles, instead of just seeing that previous days data (which is why you would have scrolled back to it in the first place)

Whether I'm on the new one or old one its exactly the same.  For instance I clicked on "Miles" on both and it took me to the same screen where I could see all my old data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@hawkyou wrote:

Whether I'm on the new one or old one its exactly the same.  For instance I clicked on "Miles" on both and it took me to the same screen where I could see all my old data.

That's the issue.  You have to click on the tiles to see your old data, because when you scroll back through the days on the dashboard, the bottom tiles don't change with the top.

Best Answer

Lovely new dashboard - but when I press the "+" button in the middle at the bottom it doesn't display the track excercise logo/option.

Iphone 4s, latest iOS and version 2.23 (517) of the app

rather annoying to have to go through the excercise tile and press the stopwatch to get going.

What's the solution to get it to show on the main "+" quick menu ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would like to see current weight on the new dashboard. Currently it shows weight change since goal was set and goal value but not current weight value.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got to echo a few things - some old, some new:

It's utterly mad to look back at previous days only to see the current day's calories in etc - if I'm looking back it's because I want to see old data!

The weight tile isn't as good as the old display

I STILL miss the "200 cals eaten of 1800" tile from way back

I also STILL miss the very old way to add exercise. I don't want to add it by counting backwards in hours from the current time, I want to add what time I started it and for how long which makes more sense.

If I'm entering it later it might have been hours and hours ago for a given period whereas this system only allows you to count back from the current time which might negate recent activity. Or am I being really thick here?! If I did 2hrs exercise of some sort in the morning and try to enter it later it'll show that I did 2hrs ending at the current time eg 1630 but I might have been running just before then so that would get "lost" wouldn't it?!

I'm pretty organised and tuned in but do sometimes want to enter data retrospectively like the old days.

If I sound like a dinosaur it's because I've had my One for about 3.5yrs so am old(ish) school!

User since 2012One, Blaze, Android
Also occ posting as Blokeypoo
Best Answer
Wow I really like it! It looks more like iOS and not android.
Best Answer
The center log button is nice, but it's not enough to stick with the new version.
There's no edit button when I switch to the new version. Since I prioritized HR and calories in over stairs, distance, sleep, and active days...it's back to the old version I go.
Best Answer
Why not give us the ability to add stuff via voice. Like "add 16 ozs of water" or allow us to group meals and name them? Then I could say, "Add subway 1 meal for lunch". Now that would be an update...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BrotoriousNIG wrote:
@hawkyou wrote:

That's the issue.  You have to click on the tiles to see your old data, because when you scroll back through the days on the dashboard, the bottom tiles don't change with the top.

Mine do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't like how in the weight goal tile of the new dashboard, it shows the amount of weight lost as the primary number rather than the amount left to lose (as was in the old daashboard).  I am far more interested in where I am going with my weight loss rather than where I have been.

Is it possible to change this back to the old way?

Best Answer
I should have been more specific about the tile dashboard that I complained about. It is the new tile dashboard for Apple IOS phones. It popped up as an update to the Fitbit app and when I installed it I did not like the lack of ability to put the exercise tiles towards the bottom. That area is fixed at the top. I finally figured out how to revert back to the original dashboard through settings.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went back to the old, but the step area is missing? How do I get it back?
Best Answer
0 Votes