Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
You are correct. From what I've seen, it shows the same sleep data from the current day on the bottom tiles even when scrolling back days.
Best Answer
Thank as I prefer old dashboard .
Best Answer

Also as you thumb back through the days calories, water, etc are blank on the dashboard. The new dashboard has its + and - features.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has anyone actually realised that the new tile dashboard does not show any of your data for previous days except for the top tile??!! Surely new updates are meant to enhance functionality, not reduce it ??! If you select any prior day on the old dashboard, your stats relevant to that day are displayed on the dashboard. In the new release dashboard, the tiles below the top tile show the current day information when you select any previous day to view. FitBit support told me this wasn't a big, it's how it was designed! Why on earth would you release a dashboard like this that doesn't display data in the display correctly on selected day prior to current day?? I can't fathom how this would actually be considered great design!!?? Please FitBit - when you launch something new, don't take the end user experience back a step! Suggest you quickly address this in the next release. Right now, I'm using the old dashboard until you make the new one functional.
Best Answer
I mostly like the new dashboard, but I'd like to be able to move water consumed up to the featured tiles row and drop floors down to the bottom. I find ounces of water drunk to be more useful to me than floors. I know I can hide Floors but that doesn't allow me to move other tiles up to take its place. Besides I don't want to delete it entirely, just move it down.
Best Answer
I had missed this the first day but then thought it was a bug. I totally agree that as much as I like the visual appeal of the new dash that this is a step backward not to be able to step back thru previous days and see ALL my data. Please FITBIT address this or allow us to keep the old or toggle back and forth!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Around May 27th the IOS Preview tiles stopped working for me. They worked fine the first couple of days I had them, but now several of the tiles either do not update with current info or previous day's tiles show today's information. I know the app has the current info because I can click on the tile and the info is there. However, the tile is not correct. I have turned off the preview for now, I wonder if others have the same issue. 

Best Answer

And in perusing several of the previous posts, I see that others do have this issue (I was looking at older posts when I wrote the above)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EMangino @Wright1968@starleigh This is good feedback! I'll be sure to relay your post on to our team.

@kkmac3 That's a good question! The extra dot is a known problem that our team is currently working on fixing. Robot Happy

@Iain71 Food from MFP should still be syncing over to your Fitbit account if you have your two accounts linked. If food isn't syncing over for some reason, unlinking and then relinking the accounts should help. Click here for more info.

@kid41usa @healthy17 @Vickib7 @rkatdean @WeatherRich This is expected behavior. In order to see your historical sleep/water/HR/weight data on the App you need to click on the dashboard tile. From there, you can see all of your historical data. 

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DerrickFitbit wrote:

@kid41usa @healthy17 @Vickib7 @rkatdean @WeatherRich This is expected behavior. In order to see your historical sleep/water/HR/weight data on the App you need to click on the dashboard tile. From there, you can see all of your historical data. 

Intended behavior is that when you scoll back to a previous day, it doesn't show that day's sleep/water/hr/weight data? It instead continues to show you the present day's data?

That is a real head scratcher. What is the best way to submit feedback in opposition to this behavior? 

Best Answer

This may be expected behavior but it was not the behavior when this feature was first released, nor is it the behavior in the "old" dashboard. Clicking the arrow to previous days showed that day's data in each tile at first. Clicking previous days shows that day's data in the "old" dashboard. I did not have to click on the tile to see the historical data in the new dashboard, and I still don't in the old dashboard. If this is "expected behavior" with the new dashboard I hope that updating it will not be required. 

Best Answer
this is a deal breaker for me.

I want to scroll back thru the days and see the data. Not sure why you
"intended" this bug.
Best Answer
I can see my previous data.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you saying that if you scroll to yesterday on the new dashboard that ALL your dashboard tiles are showing yesterday's days? The only tile that is updating for many of us when scrolling to a prior day is the top tile. All others are only displaying current day data. If you click on the tile, you can see all historical information but that defeats the purpose of having the tile in the dashboard.
Best Answer
I absolutely despise the new dashboard preview. I would want my main tile to be "Pounds To Go", but I am forced to choose from the 6 totes allowed. Also, it's to cluttered and almost complicated to read. People at Fitbit, stop trying to look like the Apple Watch app. There is a reason why I have a Fitbit instead of the Apple Watch. Please do not force us to use this useless new dashboard in the future.
Best Answer
On my previous post, I meant "tiles", not "totes".

Also, clicking on a previous day should change ALL tiles, not only the intended 6 tiles. Needing to click on each individual tile to see the previous day's data is a waste of time and makes the Fitbit a hassle to use instead of a useful tool.

The new dashboard is a disgrace. Please do not force it upon us. I love my Fitbit and do not want to be forced to find an activity tracker with a dashboard like the current (old) one.
Best Answer

I am probably in the minority here as I do not use Fitbit as much for Activity tracking but Weight management (Activity I largely git through Crossfit so I have other means of tracking that). One of the tiles I do use is monitoring my weight. However, at the same time I would like to be able to monitor my Body Fat %. Any chance (both web and iOS) of allowing both tiles to exist but with a different goal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely agree with Luvsk8ting. We either need to have the option to use the old dashboard or fix the new one. For Derrick to claim this is "expected behavior" is simply wrong. This is not how it worked before and it was not how the new dashboard worked at first. I would like to hear from someone in a position to know exactly what the intended functionality is and whether or not the new dashboard is going to function the same as the old one. 

Best Answer

Although the "preview" dashboard has the positive aspects of the pull--down sync and the add + function on the bottom these positive aspects are out weighed by the loss of clean uncluttered arrangment oin the old dashboard. The old board also provided the flexibility to prioritize items to the top of the display. If given a choice I will stay with the old format.

Best Answer
The new dashboard is not good. As many have said, showing the current day's information for all the UI elements except the top one is awful UX.

For what reason did you decide the current dashboard was not good enough?

This is not to where you should be directing your resources. You should be directing them toward things like making the bloody thing record heartrate properly when cycling. Not superficial changes that actually turn out to worsen the experience.

Your UX is bad and you should feel bad.
Best Answer