Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
It must depend on screen size, as a few people are saying they prefer the old dashboard as they could see all their stats on the screen (without scrolling).

But on the 4" iPhones, you can now see seven stats in the new dashboard, compared to just five in the old one.
Best Answer
I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus and on the old dashboard I can see 7 rows of stats whereas on the new dashboard the 2d row of the bottom tiles is cut off which I do not like. I'm sticking with the old dashboard until they (a) force the new one on me or (2) update the new one

Patricia
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Should it still be grabbing calories in data from MFP? Doesn't seem to be with me, even after quitting and reopening both apps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Since the Alta doesn't allow me to start tracking my activity myself, I wear my Charge to track my activity when going for a walk. Today I had almost 8500 steps on my Charge and when I synced both trackers before putting the Alta on for the day, the Alta somehow had 6500 steps and that number took over as my total. I basically lost 2000 steps and my 45 minutes of activity were wiped out. The only thing I did differently than I normally do was to use the map in the new dashboard. Sooo, what happened and can I get those 2000 steps back??
Best Answer
0 Votes
I noticed this evening when previewing the new dashboard that the sleep tile is not reflecting the correct hours of sleep for each day. When you toggle to different days it continues to display the hours you slept today instead of the day you shifted to.

Example:
Today I slept 6hours. When I select yesterday to see my stats for yesterday, all the other tiles display yesterday's data, but the sleep time continues to show 6hours (today's data)
Best Answer
How do I view GPS activity on the new dashboard?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. That did the trick.

Chris Cope

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I too have noticed this bug
Best Answer
0 Votes
yes just noticed that you don't see the historical data. I thought you could earlier this week. Is this a glitch? if not I want to go back to the old dashboard.

very disappointing!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I'm not sure why people say they can't see historical data. For me, when I click the tiles it opens the usual screen with all the historical data. What I understand others to be saying is if you use the right and left arrows on the main screen, the bottom tiles show today's data and doesn't correspond with the data (steps) on the top portion. That's just a fix that Fitbit needs to make. The historical data is there just like before. I hope this helps.

Patricia
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The new tile dashboard is supposed to be a beta test version. I want the option of switching back to the original dashboard. I do not like the top exercise tiles that are fixed there. It also takes more time to log food and water from the tiles. The quick swipe method of logging calories and water was much easier.'
Unlike most users of the Fitbit HR I burn too many calories and use it for high calorie intake, water goals, heart rate and sleep. This information I want on top.
Sleep recording that shows on the tile is wrong. I am willing to support Fitbit, it matches my blood pressure monitor. But I will dump it and move to Apple if Fitbit does not get rid of this tile dashboard.

Moderator edit: word choice.

Best Answer
The new dashboard is not showing my past water usage. Will we have the option of using the old dashboard in the future versions?
Best Answer

Is there a way to force all tiles--not just the main tile--to show data from previous days when I click the left arrow?

When I try to view yesterday, the main steps tile shows yesterday, but the other tiles (sleep, hourly activity, etc.) only show today's data no matter what.

Moderator Edit: Removed bold text.

Best Answer

Just to close the loop on this concern, during my workout this morning the dashboard stayed open for the entire 60 minutes. My problem yesterday must have been an anomoly.

@BobII wrote:

I think the new dashboard is OK, but while I was viewing it during my workout today, the Fitbit app closed after about 15 minutes. Has anyone seen something like this? I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to determine whether this is just a one time occurence or a new "feature". I never had the app close while using the old dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the new iOS dashboard.  One request, can you add a tile for recent tracked exercises?  I know you can get to it from the weekly excercises tile, but I like seeing it at a glance so I can quickly check my most recent accomplishment. (IE, type, distance, time, avg pace, etc.).

Otherwise, I love it!!!  Much easier to read at a glance.

Best Answer
It lags a lot. The old dashboard was fast and smooth. Please fix whatever is causing it to run so slowly.
Best Answer

I like the new dashboard but I agree with those who have asked to have the old color changes back.  I don't like how the new dials are always just blue until you reach your goal and then they turn green. I liked how the old bars would turn yellow when you got to 1/3 of your goal, then red when you got to 2/3, and then green. Made me feel like I at least got somewhere, if I was in the yellow or red, even if I didn't make it to green that day.

(BTW, I don't care if the intermediate colors are the same as before -- they don't have to be yellow and red -- they could be different shades of blue for all I care. I just want there to be some visual distinction that shows how close we are to the goal.)

Best Answer

I'm not happy with the latest app upgrade...it used to be very easy to see your status on all of the activities, but having them in 'blocks' is difficult to read.  The font below the calorie intake, for example, is too small to see at a glance.  Can they be shuffled around?  Some I don't use and would like to move them to the bottom.  The old list style was much easier to check at a glance than the new 'chart/block' type.  Bring back the old format please!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do u turn it back to old dashboard
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to advanced setting and toggle off.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer