Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
I'm not seeing my bmi. I'm seeing an average. I also see a graph with data points, but not able to see discrete values like 23.5, etc. guess I'm missing something.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey! I figured it out, on iOS you must press and hold on the graph to see the discrete values. It used to have the number on the last data point.
Best Answer

Please add back the color coding for 1/3, 2/3, and Met goal to all the dials!

Best Answer
On the hourly 250 steps section. Can the number of steps within that hour be added?

Also on the steps section, a blow up of the steps for the day is too small. I'm on a 6s plus and I'm still stuggling to click on the individual graph lines for the day. This needs to be zoomed in better, like only showing a 3 or 6 hour period on the screen big.

Everything else? Puuuurfect
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here.  The new layout is AWFUL!  Nothing like having your eyes jump around the screen looking for gauges when we had a nice clean linear layout before.  If it's not broke, don't fix it!    Luckily you can change back to the old dashboard layout by turning off the dashboard preview in the app settings.  Took a sec to find it but I was thoroughly frustrated by the new interface. 

Best Answer

Derrick, has the community actually asked for a redesigned layout?  Or is fitbit trying to change something that isn't broken?   Perhaps with previewing the new layout fitbit should insert a simple question, do you prefer the new dashboard? yes or no.   Then you'll get legit feedback.  Also, make it so the old dashboard will be permanently available, forever.  I'd hate to have to trash this device just because the new app sucks and is forced on me.  Thanks!

Best Answer

You might think it's AWFUL but I think it's PERFECT.  Nice job Fitbit.

Best Answer

This coming from a 2 post person.  Lmao

Best Answer
0 Votes

I upgraded to the iOS Fitbit App 2.23 yesterday but notice a critical piece missing: A view of a timed activity. On the web app, this can be seen in logs > activity or straight from the dashboard with the tile "Recent Exercise". In the old Dashboad, it takes on the name I assign it and will show the steps, HR, miles, etc for the time period I was timing my workout. I didn't use the automatic feature, just started the timer at the beginning and pressed it again to stop at the end. But I can't see this on the new Dashboard! I didn't see a way to add additional tiles to the new dashboard. Anyway, this needs to be one! Meanwhile, I've gone back to the old dashboard in version 2.23.

Best Answer
Go to advanced account settings and toggle the "Preview New Dashboard" off.
Best Answer
Go to advanced settings and switch off the "Preview Advanced Settings"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Going back to the old dashboard is easy in iOS Fitbit Version 2.23 (May 2016): Tap "Account", scroll to the bottom and tap "Advanced Settings". Then at the top, you can turn "Preview New Dashboard" on or off. I just turned it off until they add a "Recent Exercise" tile.

Best Answer

2016-05-26 14_41_06-Photo - Google Photos.png

In this new app Dashboard, anyone know what the extra dot is in the top left? Does that highlight if you get the 250+ steps every hour? I've never seen that before...

Also, I agree with some other commenters that it's frustrating that the bottom tiles don't move to show historical data, only the top tile. That shouldn't be the case.

Best Answer

Yes! My complaint too! The categorized workouts don't show up in the new dashboard. At least they are still in the web app and you can switch to the old dashboard in the iOS app to see them for now.

Best Answer
I'm sure the purpose of the preview of the new dashboard is to get feedback from the users. My hope is that Fitbit is reading the comments and will make some tweaks to the new dashboard. I actually like the idea but I do feel there is some tweaking with some of the suggestions that have been made that would make it wonderful. For now, I'm sticking with the old dashboard as there are several components I find lacking in the new dashboard such as the ability to see all 4 bottom tiles in one screen without having to scroll down. The beauty of the old screen is I could see things instantly. There are pros/cons to both screens. If they would just add the pull down to sync in the old dashboard, it'd be perfect. The new dashboard needs work. Fitbit...I hope you're listening.
Best Answer

Thank goodness!

Is there a plan to NOT force us to use the new dashboard?

As another commenter mentioned the tiled view is why I never go to the website too.

Best Answer

It's following the same minimal designs that are all the rage in web design and application design these days....that said theyr'e borderless which is attractive but with my lousy vision I can't tell what's where or which is a button, what is a menu....There's something to be said for not being trendy.

Best Answer
One of the things that has kept me with FitBit devices has been the ability to see a lot of information on a single screen in the app. I can go either way with how it is displayed but having it fit on a single screen is a high priority for me. I would like to see the color changes remain as well. I have noticed better syncing with the preview as usually it takes a couple tries before my sleep I go will show up in the morning.
Best Answer
Quite like the new rings - one request though.

Could you make it possible to hide the message about not syncing because Bluetooth is turned off?

I can't be the only person who has Bluetooth switched off by default to conserve battery, and makes a point of switching it on once a day to sync.

I don't really need to see that message all the time!
Best Answer
Also, I know it might be a bit tricky to get it exactly right for each sized screen, but on the iPhone 5/5S/SE, you on,y need to lose about 10 pixels so that the main top ring, the four smaller rings, and two of the boxed fit on the screen, rather than the bottom of the first two boxes being chopped off.
Best Answer
0 Votes