Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
Personally, I like the new Charge dashboard. Has everything the old one had, but it's easier to use. For those with the iOS version, turn your Apple product off for a minute or so. Turn it back on and the new app should work fine. Don't know why, from time to time iOS products need to be turned off to get them to work properly.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your suggestion, however rebooting my phone did not make a difference. The tiles on the bottom still show "current day" stats while scrolling back through history on the top of the screen. This issue still needs to be fixed by the Fitbit developers.
Best Answer

I think the reboot suggestion was probably a response to some other issue on the thread or just plain wrong.

The lower tiles being stuck on current day is  DESIGN BUG not a code bug meaning that the app works as designed but the design is WRONG.

I just hope they listen to us and change this.

Best Answer
Sorry that didn't help. Hope the people at Fitbit are able to fix the 'hiccup' in the app.

Sent from Susan's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for taking the time to email me. I'm a RN, not an IT person as you could tell. Wonder why it works on my 4th gen. iPad and on my 5s iPhone, it also works on my husband's iPad Air 2.

Sent from Susan's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry didn't meant to come off as attacking you.

Do you know if you have the LATEST version of the app?

Because I'm 95% sure it used to let you flip thru past days and see all tiles update the data for the selected day up until the update last week when someone apparently thought they had a "good idea". They were wrong.

Best Answer
I certainly didn't think you were attacking me. But one thing I thought of after I sent the email to you, what Fitbit model do you have? Both my husband and I have the Charge (of course we have the one they're D/Cing, our normal luck 😊). Try emailing the co. and see if that route is more helpful than posting on a Community Board. Who knows how often they check the boards. Personally I thought there were way too many complaint listed and they still haven't fixed the problem. Have a good one

Sent from Susan's iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Love the new dashboard, but the weight progress chart is about 10 steps backwards. No easy slide 1 year is not the previous 12 months, if you were in Jan you would have a blank chart no min and max and no goal line or bmi shading. Fitbit please sort this out!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also thought it was fine when the app was first released but then a few days later I noticed that when I scrolled back thru time that the lower tiles remained stuck on the current day. Not helpful. Please fix ASAP.
Best Answer

I have the Charge HR.

I think it's the app that's badly designed which is not model specific.

I did contact support and they told me they'll escalate but they told me to submit a post here because that's their primary means of receiving feedback. I hope they really read it.

Best Answer
New design doesn't allow for live tracking of exercises. I've gone back to the old one, it works better.
Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it's this being missing that made me switch back to the old style too.
Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes
It would be really nice if the date was displayed on the dashboard instead of just "Today" I'm participating in a virtual race and posting pictures from my iPhone 6. Having the date would help verify that I'm participating when I report. Thx
Best Answer
0 Votes
IOS app updated today but still no option to live track workouts so I'll stay with the old dashboard.
Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree TOTALLY. It was great when it had no cutesy little icons: all on one screen, I could sneak a quick peek and get back to my life. HOW DO I GET MY OLD SCREEN BACK?????????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to "Account" (bottom right of your main screen)

Scroll all the way down to Advanced Settings"

Uncheck "preview new dashboard"

And "POOF" the ugly monster is gone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another "NO" vote.

I used to be able to take a quick peek at everything neatly onganized on one screen an know how I was doing and get back to my life. The new dashboard is not as well organized and is harder to read on the fly.

I am visually oriented to LISTS, not space-wasting pictures that someone else has decided are attractive.I don't want or need big cartoony icons (which is why I don't use the desktop dashboard.)

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give us a choice!!!!

Best Answer

Overall I like the new design. I can see more info at a glance without having to scroll down, and when I switched back to the list format briefly I realized how much more I like the new look. I do wish that the sleep goal indicated from the main screen if it was achieved like the other goals do. I do miss the changing color of the circles as I get closer to my goal, as it was always a little more motivation when I saw it kick into another level. I also wish we could customize the water bottle quick add, as I have water bottles that are 17oz and 20oz. It would be great if I could make those my default options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given that the latest update for the iOS app - now includes a non-removable obnoxious banner to "Check out the new dashboard" - am I to assume that the "classic" look will soon no longer be an option?

I'm a numbers guy - for me its easier to quickly reference numbers, than to sit and process "cute tiles" who's primary emphasis is on a chart, than the actual number.  

I pray to the programming gods, that we will have a choice - on how we want our data presented and NOT be forced to use these new tiles.  

I respect those that like the tiles.  Please respect those that dont. 

Best Answer
Click on the weekly exercise tile. It opens your recent exercises. The stop watch icon on the top right will bring you to the exercise track screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes