Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741

Option to keep old dashboard on iOS: 95 votes

Make Fitbit app for BlackBerry: 177 votes

That's right...  BlackBerry.  That's how many people are distressed about the new dashboard and want the old one back.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PureEvil: let it go. allow people to voice their opinion and be unhappy with the app. move on...

Best Answer

@karen100,

I'm just pointing out the numbers.  As passionately as a few folks may feel about this issue, can you at least entertain the idea that there simply aren't that many users who believe that the new dashboard is as bad as you're making out to be...  That they simply don't miss the things that are gone...

The numbers prove it.

Honestly, I'm just trying to get folks what they want.  I don't even own an iPhone.  I didn't originally even respond to this thread, one of my responses was merged in.  Getting the votes is the most effective way to get things changed; posting again and again is simply noise.  Vote and get your friends to vote, then just move on with life.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Option to keep old dashboard on iOS: 95 votes

Make Fitbit app for BlackBerry: 177 votes

You're comparing a thread created in 2013 which received 177 votes (blackberry) vs a thread that was created less than 6 months ago and received 95 votes (old dashboard).

But nice try comparing apples to cucumbers.

Best Answer

Fair.  I was merely sorting by votes looking for something interesting (oh, and it was 173 votes for Blackberry, my bad...  I was going from memory)...

How about these?

Pokemon Go integration: 634 votes in less time.

Custom day challenges: 1842 votes in about the same time.

Guided breathing sessions for Blaze: 130 votes in 2 months less time.

Clip for Blaze: 165 votes in 1 month less time.

Active minutes on Charge and Charge HR: 149 votes in about the same time.

Log water from the tracker: 148 in about the same time.

Night mode for screen brightness: 693 votes (over 7x the votes) in about a month longer.

Pokemon Go integration is 7x more popular (in less time) than giving an option for the old iOS dashboard.  For a dashboard that is horribly broken?

Again at least entertain the idea that the new dashboard isn't so bad that everyone is distressed about it?  Maybe some folks prefer the new dashboard?

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me (Poo/Blokeypoo -  2 accounts), I just hate the loss of functionality. The layout is poor, to me, but tolerable. I am using it already in Beta Android even though I don't have to because I know arrival is imminent. However, I do use it differently and get less "pleasure" from it.

As someone who uses it for weight loss the fact that it makes calorie in/out tracking less straightforward and the fields less customisable is my biggest bugbear but I've fed that back in all the right ways on IOS and Android so have done my best to speak for those who often don't like to or don't know where/how to. I have several friends with fitbits who never use forums of any kind so wouldn't even contemplate posting about it let alone if things get seem to get unpleasant.

I think if it doesn't affect a person, perhaps because they don't use the same functions/fields then they find it hard to see the other's point of view, just as those who are affected find it hard to see why it isn't an obvious problem to all. 

Also posting as Poo
Fitbit user and forum poster since Jan 2013
One, Blaze, Android/Samsung
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the new dashboard, with a quick look at the circles I can see a ratio of what I've done to what I need to do, everything is there at a glance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@strawberry_ wrote:

People don't know about it. I didn't even know there was a feedback forum until this morning.

You've been posting in these forums since April 2016, how is that you just found out about them? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@strawberry_ wrote:

People don't know about it. I didn't even know there was a feedback forum until this morning.

You've been posting in these forums since April 2016, how is that you just found out about them? 

Because I don't visit any other sections of this site other than iOS help and my dashboard. But I thought that was common sense.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@strawberry_,

No, that's not it.  There are references to the feature suggestion section on this very thread as early as July:

‎07-02-2016 04:12:

"Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed."

And then a week later by me (again on this very thread):

‎07-10-2016 20:01:

"Yes, in restrospect, it was bad form to call you out like that.  My point was the best way to affect change is to vote for the feature.  It allows Fitbit to evaluate which features will benefit the most people and prioritize them.

Even if you are leaving the platform, you may still consider voting on the appropriate feature requests for the benefit of the other folks on the thread who'd like to see the changes." 

And you were on this thread as early as 05-25-2016.

For literally months, a number of us have been instructing folks to simply vote on the feature suggestions because it's the most effective way to affect change, in some cases there are even links to that section.  So really I'm quite perplexed as to how you're just discovering it now.

Maybe you didn't read our responses.  Of course, that may mean that you won't read this one either.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

Reality check: you're wrong and your posts are illogical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys. I'm happy to see you participating in the forums but I think we're losing the course of the conversation. Let's keep it as friendly and as helpful as possible.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

@strawberry_,

I assume that you're referring to me.  I'm not sure which elements you're referring to my being wrong about?  Are you debating that you were part of this thread or that those posts took place?  I suppose I may be wrong, but this is what I'm seeing:

fitbit-newdashboard-discussion.jpg 

So again, there's every reason to believe that had you been reading the posts, you would've known about the feature suggestion part of the forum.  There's been a link to the forum on this thread for literally months.

What am I missing?

So basically, after months of posting on this thread, you ended up voting for the existing feature suggestion and encouraging folks to vote on it, which is precisely what I suggested over three months ago.  The thread history doesn't lie.

And I'm the one who's wrong and my posts are illogical?  Uhmm... Okay.

Just my 2¢.

Note:  Updated post to update the image/comment on date that you joined the thread, which was actually 05-25-2016, not 05-05-2016.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
I'm thinking this forum but is a waste of time. Fitbit users HATE the new dashboard, are speaking out and nothing is being done. Get at as mad as you want . Maybe then they eat their losses and realize they wasted a lot of money to make people very unhappy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You are a moderator. Instead of telling people to be nice- realize that we are angry and I something!
Best Answer
0 Votes
That was DO SOMETHING. And yes I'm yelling! Why should I be nice to a company that angers me in how I'm treated when they changed a product that I paid for and I have no option to use it the way that I prefer.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Then you must have a laptop that you carrry around all day . There is no glancing as you have to swipe through the display 2-3 time . Maybe you still have the old dashboard which truly could be viewed in a glance
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you don't have an Iphone then you don't even know the issue. Yes we are moving on and it's away from Fitbit. I'm only still in this post because I get daily emails of people who hate the new dashboard and want the option to use the old way. I now hate this whole corporation that is exactly that and your forum is about as stupid as the dilly dashboard that is designed for an illiterate- a big word for some one who can't read - like Fitbit moderators who can't read between the lines of very angry customers!
Best Answer
Never once had a moderator say there was a place to make recommendations...I've seen a lot of dissatisfied ppl because of the new dashboard. Moderators more concerned with griping than helping steer ppl to the right place.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Update for Those Interested: I haven't updated my iOS yet, I haven't found the time to clear out and backup my phone. However, I did stumble upon another activity tracker. I have not looked into it completely. I don't know how the dashboard functions yet. What I do know, is that it is just like the Charge HR, but is also waterproof. The Charge HR is water resistant and Fitbit does not recommend swimming with it on. However, the iFit Axis HR is advertised as something you can take into the pool with you while you do laps. I will post another update once I get around to dealing with Fitbit and the iOS update. I will also update about the iFit Axis HR if I decide to try it out.
Best Answer
0 Votes