Pokemon Go and Fitbit Integration

With Pokémon Go's release, it would be great to see that Fitbit, the authority in wearable fitness trackers and the app Pokémon Go which encourages its players to walk around and discover the world using their feet, join forces for a better you. Hitting your goals and catching your beloved Pokémon, is there anything else better than that? Whenever you reach your Fitbit goal, you'll get a little in-game item for Pokémon go. Pokémon related badges will also add spice to your collection of badges. You can brag it off to your friends as a sort of badge that you and Pokémon accomplished.

I think this would be a very good move for Fitbit since they have been the forerunner in the wearable fitness trackers industry and with the popularity of Pokémon Go, what better way than 2 giants in the industry joining together. Makes sense right?

Thanks for reading.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

278 Comments
Joshdietz
First Steps
I just tweeted this! Excellent idea. Fitbit listen to our cries!
Lotsosteps9902
First Steps
Amazing if this became a reality
hherbol
Stepping Up

I think the best idea for this would be a pokemon go interface for egg walking (imagine loading the egg onto the fitbit).  Also, the ability for the fitbit to notify you when a pokemon is nearby (thus, taking over what the "GoPlus" would do).  And finally, being able to hit landmarks on the fitbit instead of the phone would be good too.  That way as you're exploring you don't have to constantly pull out your phone to grab landmarks.  So in summary:

1. Egg walker
  2. Pokemon Proximity Notifier
  3. Landmark Explorer
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
This would be cool, maybe someone could send a link of fitbit.com/apps to pokemon. This is something they could setup without any help from Fitbit.
Yes Fitbit has already given instructions on how 3rd party apps can set a link to your data up.
beefcrimson
First Steps
My hope is that fitbit steps would integrate with pokemon go's step count. Anything more complicated would probably be a headache to implement. But please push the step counter to pokemon go.
Weather
First Steps
This would be amazing. I would get the pokemon go plus, but as a professional it would look silly to my clients. This would help me enjoy the game and my fitbit a little bit more.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Fitbit doesn't push, they let the third party app retrieve. Its up to b pokemon to initiate the connection 

Luke_M
First Steps
This would be amazing, please Fitbit. Please.
hherbol
Stepping Up

@Rich_Laue, I agree that Niantic could get around this using the API, but I haven't seen a way to get a custom third-party "screen" on the Fitbit without going through Fitbit itself.  It would be cool if such a method existed, but if the goal is to have an egg on your watch that slowly cracks the more you run, or to be able to access pokestops from the watch, or anything of that sort, I think one would have to go through Fitbit itself.  Though if I'm wrong please point me in the correct direction as I would love to make custom features for my Fitbit.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

If it is apps for the Blaze wanted, then I would add your vote to this request

Since no one has gone with you with having things run around the wqtch, I'm not sure what priority this is. 

JCW93
First Steps
That sounds like a great idea and all but I would just be excited for a more accurate step counter in Pokemon go and Fitbit would be the perfect solution 😉 also kilometers confuses my western brain so that would be nice for Fitbit to fix too lol
luvya09
First Steps

Yes, please integrate the step counter with Pokemon Go.  I don't keep my phone in my pocket, especially at work since most of my pants don't have pockets or they are too small.  However, I can wear my FitBit all the time.  Most of the walking I do is at work since I work 10 hour days.  Otherwise I won't have much of a chance to hatch my eggs. 

Natronels
First Steps
Yup, c'mon FitBit. See if you can get those permissions to get some integration going on please. We already love your products, but imagine how much MORE we would love the with this as an addition.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

For a description of the permissions and Fitbit in encouraging others to partner with them, see www.fitbit.com/apps currently it is up to Pokemon to initiate the process.

I can suggest to send this link to Pokemon and encourage them to get involved. 

jmpaul
First Steps
Would love to Are this come to fruition
jmpaul
First Steps
To give some really feedback, I think this is really based on Nintendo to accept the Fitbit API
Elorahhh
First Steps

So glad to see that this thread already exists!!! Especially seeing the Pokemon Go Plus already sold out everywhere, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated to be added onto a fitbit. Honestly it just makes SO MUCH SENSE! Really hoping this happens sometime in the near future ;_; 

Courtney1088
Jogger
Yes absolutely this is a fantastic please make this happen
Incognito
Tempo Runner

Although it would be cool, I don't see a reality with Pokemon Go and Fitbit being integrated.

Niantic, an Alphabet company, (Google), would more than likely integrate itself with Google Fit to track for fitness.  

bad_ben2
First Steps
Please god. The plus is so aweful looking
MrsBowen
First Steps
I just want the step count to transfer over! That would be the best thing ever since I walk a lot at work but am in a big metal building with no GPS signal! Fitbit, I don't know who is supposed to contact who to get this rolling and don't understand why it would matter so please try to make this work for us!
jhite
First Steps

For me, I am not so much into Pokemon.  However, I enjoy looking at our own treasures in our town and elsewhere so maybe it could be more geared toward that and not a particular character or series. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Cat Happy

kaitalexgrab
First Steps

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING. I know lots of other people who are thinking the same thing. The Pokemon Go app just doesn't track my mileage correctly and it's a pain to have it open all the time to record any movement. 

jeahfeelyou
First Steps
I need this. My eggs would all be hatched already!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.