Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text/imessage notification on Blaze since IOS 11 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to IOS 11 yesterday and now I am no longer getting text/imessage alerts on my Blaze. I still get notifications of calls. I have notifications turned on and Fitbit app set to show on lock screen. Could it just be Fitbit needs to do an update as well? I noticed on other boards people having the same issue with IOS 11 beta. I would have thought they would have resolved it before it was sent out to the masses. 😞

Note: I have already done the following none of which worked:

Checked settings

Restart the Blaze

Restart the Phone

Disconnect/reconnect bluetooth then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Blaze, checked settings,  then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Fitbit App, checked settings, then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

I'm very glad the issue has been resolved for some of you, I appreciate your input @AJ12012009, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation.

For some of you that are still unable to receive Notifications, please follow @AJ12012009's recommendation and go to your phone Setting > Notifications > Settings and enable "Show in History". If it's already enabled, please disable it, close Settings, then open it again and go to Notifications > Fitbit and enable this option back. Then, please check if you're able to receive all Notifications in your tracker.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I am having the same issues and have tried all the same solutions you did. You are not alone.

Best Answer

I have a brand new charge 2 and am having the exact same issue. Only started yesterday. 

Best Answer

Well it's been days now and still no App update Smiley MadSmiley Frustrated It would be nice if Fitbit would reply or at least acknowledge this issue. There have to be lots of others out there having this issue.

Best Answer

I was about to update to IOS 11. I guess i'll wait for now. I noticed fitbit seems to be extremely slow updating things when there is a known issue & they never seem to check the boards or comment:(

i've had a fit bit for years and years from way back when they all started and I think they just grew way too fast & cant keep up. i'm not excusing them, I really wish they would check the boards better and fix the issues at hand

Best Answer

Yes I'd wait if you can!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue after I updated to IOS 11, I have have also done everything others have recommended. I do still get phone and Calendar notifications but not txt. I spent time with online chat support, which they gave up and told me that a higher level personal will email me about the issue, that was 2 days ago and still nothing. Think apple must of restricted something, I have a friend that has a generic tracker and has the same issue now, after the IOS update.

Best Answer

I guess I haven’t had anything on a calendar yet to see if that works or not. 

I was going to call call as well. Maybe if enough people do it will get this issue addressed sooner rather than later. 

Best Answer

Well I spoke with Fitbit they say that they are well aware of the issue the engineers are working on it and hope to have a solution as soon as possible. I was so excited when I saw a Fitbit app update however it hasn’t fixed any of my issues. I also find it odd that the moderators here reply to trivial things yet haven’t addressed any of these threads with major issues.  I’m about to try a GPS work out I wonder if it will work 

Best Answer

I tried the update also, did the reset and restart thing still no luck either, they finally emailed me back about an hour ago, they said basiccky same thing they told you. Their engineers are aware of the issue. You would think they would have figured this out since txt notifications didn’t work with the IOS 11 beta version months ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess this is what we deal with instead of double the price and 18 hours of battery life with the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I know right so so true !! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your reports. 

I've alerted our team and about this thread and let them know that some users are not receiving notifications since updating to iOS 11. I'll give a status update after the weekend when I hear more. Thanks for all your troubleshoots. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anxiously awaiting a solution. I have the same problem on my one year old Charge 2. When you lose a function you use daily, it's a small "crisis".

Best Answer

Hi Kate

Is there any update? It’s been a week now since IOS 11 came out, is there any solution as of yet? Hard to believe that they can’t figure out the issue. Especially since beta users had the same issue since June. One of the reasons I bought the charge 2 was the txt notifications. 

Best Answer

Any word on fixing the issue of not receiving text notifications?

Best Answer

Hi Everyone, this has been reported for further review, thanks again for your reports. Just in case, if you haven't reviewed this article for troubleshoots on receiving notifications, please check it out! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
I have tried all of the troubleshooting fir my Charge 2. Still no notifications.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Fitbit 2 has stopped working since 22ns, it's now 28th. Not good enough! The app update destroyed all tracking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got this on 9/26 and still nothing... no email either. Now there is another iOS update to 11.1....still no updates to fitbit 😞

Thanks for searching for answers in the Fitbit Community.

Community: Notifications (#21423721)

To better assist with your recent concern, our Customer Support team will reach out to you by email. We appreciate your patience while your ticket is being processed and hope to have you back on track as soon as possible!

Sincerely,
Team Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes