Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text/imessage notification on Blaze since IOS 11 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to IOS 11 yesterday and now I am no longer getting text/imessage alerts on my Blaze. I still get notifications of calls. I have notifications turned on and Fitbit app set to show on lock screen. Could it just be Fitbit needs to do an update as well? I noticed on other boards people having the same issue with IOS 11 beta. I would have thought they would have resolved it before it was sent out to the masses. 😞

Note: I have already done the following none of which worked:

Checked settings

Restart the Blaze

Restart the Phone

Disconnect/reconnect bluetooth then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Blaze, checked settings,  then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Fitbit App, checked settings, then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

@KateFitbit Any updates? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't updated to ios11 yet and have the same issue.  Also these boards are okay but there has to be a better way for Fitbit to update the public on known release issues so we don't clog up the boards with repeated issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I contacted Fitbit again and they say they have escalated the issue. Funny they keep emailing me asking for me to mark this issue as solved?! Why would I do that? I still haven't heard from them despite my emails/chats saying I would. I'm a believer of solved means this is what you do....xyz to fix the issue. Hoping I got a good guy on chat today (Thanks Steve D.) He actually gave me a case # and a promise to be contacted in about 48 hours once the case has been assigned. At least it's something. @VictoriaMD I agree with your point about repeats on the boards not being the most efficient way to get help. I brought up the lack of info and the way Fitbit addresses issues. Hopefully it will spawn some change!

Best Answer

It's a little sad. I still have never heard from anyone from Fitbit. I had to uninstall and reinstall the App and Blaze 5 times before it started working again. No clue why it worked the 5th time 11 days after the issue started when I updated to ios 11. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started working again today also, There was and update and I downloaded it last night but that didn't work, this morning I noticed that there was a update to my Charge 2 from the app. seems after I  updated the firmware on my fitbit it has been working. But like you I am very disappointed on the way Fitbit handled this.They knew of the issue since the beta came out, But happy it works now, Happy Trails  

Best Answer
0 Votes

New fitbit update came out today. any luck with users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar problems. Mine stopped syncing saying my Bluetooth wasn’t on but it was. I reinstalled app and even deleted my blaze and tried to pair again but now I can’t get passed the terms of service “I agree” button. It’s like the app doesn’t work at all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just upgraded to the iPhone 8 Plus today and started experiencing this problem. I get silent alarms and reminders but no text or call notifications. Have done all of the recommended trouble shooting. Any updates from Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received a Fitbit Alta HR as a bday gift and disappointed to find that it's not compatible with iPhone 8 plus. Checked the fitbit compatibility section on the website and 8 plus isn't listed though all previous iphone versions were. Is this a fitbit issue or iphone issue?

Best Answer

So 2 months later and still no fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update on this? It really stinks to give someone a Fitbit for Christmas and it doesn’t even work. At this point it would be better to return the Fitbit and go with an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! Don’t know if by now you guys have the text messaging  working but I found hat when I go to Settings-Notifications-Messages-make sure Show In History is turned on along with banners and it worked! 

Best Answer

That worked!!! Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yayy!!! Glad it worked for you too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

I'm very glad the issue has been resolved for some of you, I appreciate your input @AJ12012009, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation.

For some of you that are still unable to receive Notifications, please follow @AJ12012009's recommendation and go to your phone Setting > Notifications > Settings and enable "Show in History". If it's already enabled, please disable it, close Settings, then open it again and go to Notifications > Fitbit and enable this option back. Then, please check if you're able to receive all Notifications in your tracker.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I’ve done all of the suggestions in this thread and still no luck. 

Best Answer
Worked for a day, no longer working
--
~Meghan ☘
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all of these suggestions and restarting both my iPhone and Fitbit and it’s still not working. Kind of disappointing since that’s one of the features I wanted when I bought it. 

Best Answer

I am still not able to receive text notifications on my Blaze. I have followed all the possible troubleshooting threads, contacted support and even exchanged my Blaze. Still no luck. My girlfriend connected to my Blaze with her phone and she was able to get notifications. We both have the same phone, same IOS version, same settings ALL across the board and for some reason, she gets text notifications on the watch but I don't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure if your problem is as simple as this, but after trying all manner of things, I realized my Fitbit wasn't connected to my phone by Bluetooth. You can be connected to other devices, such as your car, Bluetooth speakers, etc. as well as your Fitbit. Once I told my phone to connect in the Bluetooth function, I started receiving phone and test notifications. I haven't had any trouble since. It got disconnected because I hadn't warn it in a while. Hope this helps!