Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
480 REPLIES 480

I agree  please bring it back

Best Answer

This is horrible. I went to bed at 9:30 and it recorded it as 12:49. Editing time defaults to current time rather than 9:30. Useless

Best Answer

I feel the same way. This is my 3rd Fitbit and I probably won’t get another. No use if it can’t record sleep correctly and I can’t edit it

Best Answer

I apologize exclamation exclamation exclamation I have been advocating for Fitbit to make graphs accessible for people who are blind and using Apple voice screen reading software. I recently updated to Fitbit version 4.15 and this morning when I looked at my sleep score information I found that they had reformatted the screen and provided a Accessible graph for people who are blind and using Apple’s voice screen, reading software and the rotor. This is happened on a number of the Fitbit metrics and has been allowing me to get information that was otherwise not available. Again, I apologize and had I known that it would’ve made experiences for the sided users worse, I would not have advocated for those of us who were blind and disabled. 

Best Answer

Totally Agree. I look closely at the sleep data as well as info over days and months. 
Plus its white on white .. I liked the dark background with the colors better 

Best Answer

Totally with you!!

Best Answer

Stop with the “upgrades”. I’ve been using Fitbit for years and it’s been going downhill lately. This latest update really pushed me to consider the Apple Watch because Fitbit is increasingly out of touch with their users and the experience is quite frustrating. The sleep chart and tracking of sleep are useless now. If we don’t get the option to revert back, I’m going to switch to Apple. Not worth the frustration.

Best Answer

I mean I woke up this morning and said, WTF!

very very confusing nowhere near as clear or easy to understand or easy to read. You had very well designed graphs that showed exactly what’s what. I could put my finger on any portion of the graph and it would tell me how many minutes I spent awake or in deep sleep REM, restless or whatever. Now just tells you the times you were in that mode and you got to do the math yourself for whatever section you’re trying to figure out. I know I wake up in the middle of the night every night and try to keep it around 30 minutes at the most but now it just says whatever times that you were awake you got to figure it out. instead of just you’re awake 33 minutes  now it’ll say 4:33 AM to 5:06 AM and you gotta do the math not always in the mood for that. Mostly it’s ugly especially compared to the colorful charts we had before. 

Now that all said and true I’ve been a big believer give it a chance look it over play with it try to figure it out because it is the law of the land it’s going to stay this way. And in most cases I end up liking it enough. Maybe not better but enough do use it. My data seems to be still there even though it takes a long time to load if you want to see your sleep average for 2024 that’s pretty easy but then you go back to 2023 or 2022 and it takes 20 seconds to load. 

I am going to at least give it a chance before I come back and complain complain the first impressions thumbs down 

Best Answer

Yes I don’t care for it.  Visually it’s a downgrade. 

Only good thing is the addition of time at the bottom of the screen. 

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. This is ridiculous; more like a downgrade.  I see an Apple Watch in my future

Best Answer

Just saw the new sleep page.

Looks nicer than the previous one, but it seems to have been severely reduced in functionality/stats.

Where is the information regarding restlessness on the Sense 2? It was previously locked behind the Premium subscription (which I despise) and would nag you to get the subscription, but it is not showing up anywhere on the new sleep page. Is the app no longer displaying restlessness data for Sense 2?

Can anyone with Premium confirm if the sleep animals are still there or if that's gone too?

Best Answer

The visual for sleep analytics in this latest “upgrade” makes me think of pins and needles, not a good night’s sleep. Why did the designers think it needed changing?  And please stop removing colors, they help many of us process information better. 

Best Answer

Totally agree- not only that but isn’t even accurately tracking my sleep. Last night I had trouble falling asleep so got up out of bed to drink warm milk and do a puzzle and read. Walking around in the kitchen, living room, bathroom. Graph said I was in “deep sleep”, then REM, and also light sleep. What???

Best Answer

While I can’t begin to understand what is it like to be blind and disabled, I also can’t understand how this new design is helpful or how it works for you.  If it does, I’m happy for you.   I think it would have been a much better idea for the company to give their users a choice.  

Best Answer

I think that people with eye sight problems find this new format difficult to impossible to read. If some people find the new chart usable ok but PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO SELECT THE PREVIOUS CHART FORMAT. The old format with the black background and contrasting lines ‘pops’ the lines where the newer chart is not user friendly. 

Best Answer

Yet another terrible “update”. I personally find this the most offensive one yet, I won’t be buying another Fitbit. 

Best Answer

You are correct that for people with low vision the ability to select colors and contrast is very important. For someone like me who has never seen the screen on their iPhone or on their Fitbit device apples voice screen reader is a very important tool. Within the accessibility section of settings in person is able to turn on and configure Apple‘s voice screen reading software. One of the tools that is available is called the rotor. The rotor allows for easy navigation of graphs and documents and more. For those who use voiceover screen reading software when a graph is found that is accessible , along with reading the title it also announces that it is able to work with the rotor. If you were interested in more information, please consider going to YouTube and searching for information on voiceover and also asking Siri for information on the voiceover and rotor. 

Best Answer

Please go back to old sleep data format! Update is terrible. Cannot get edit to work. Says I already have a log during time period but doesn’t show it. Google needs to quit fiddling with things that don’t need improving. 

Best Answer

Agree, the new sleep screen is absolutely horrible! That was my favorite part ( sleeping analysis), I guess not anymore 😢

Best Answer

Every update brings worse changes! Makes me want to use another brand or device. I can’t believe they’ve changed one of the greatest features of this app!

Best Answer