Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
451 REPLIES 451

Fitbit developers/designers need to stop trying to "fix" things that aren't broken. The new timeline graph showing REM/awake/light sleep is so much harder to read now. It was fine before, put the color coding back and stop changing things!

Best Answer

Please, please tell me there is a way to rollback this latest update!!  Leave it to Google to completely ruin something!  The Sleep tracker has been completely broken!  Time to find a new fitness tracker!

Best Answer

The new presentation of the sleep data is useless. Very hard to read or compare to typical patterns. I will be getting some other brand now. 

Best Answer

Yes! The whole reason I have a Fitbit is sleep tracking. Please revert back this new screen is horrendous.

Best Answer

I totally agree!! The new sleep page is very much less intuitive and less detailed! The colors were good and you could look at each aspect individually and when you touched a color block it detailed how long and during what time that particular segment was. This is a downgrade!! Bring the old back!

Best Answer

Then you need to go forward with a better version than this. Been a Fitbit customer for a long time. This is one of the most important things I look at. Will be looking for a new brand  to track my metrics now. This is totally useless to me. 

Best Answer

I totally agree, which my sole reason for searching out this forum.  The new graph for this and the oxygen variation are worse than the previous ones.  Stop monkeying with a perfectly good product.

Moderator Edit: Formatting 

Best Answer

Just came to say the same thing. The sleep part is totally awful now. You can’t read it. And only get to see one day instead of a full list of all the night sleep??? It’s **ahem**, just change it back… please! 

Best Answer

MINE HAS ALSO CHANGED  
and I don't like it either!

joe

Best Answer

Hi. This morning I to find that Fitbit has assigned a robot --or maybe someone in their 20s with no experience-- to redesign the app.

The restorative sleep graph is missing. I rely on this chart as much as the other one (which is now less legible).  

Also, where are the percentages for each sleep stage -- YOU'RE REALLY ASKING ME TO DO THE MATH??? Should I be shopping for another app?

There is an expression, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  

Who in their right mind REMOVES features from an app? Feel free to add as many as you like, but leave what's already working.

Bring back the sleep restoration chart and percentages, please!

Best Answer

The new sleep graphics are a nightmare! Worst graph I have ever seen in my life. Ugly and hard to read! 

Best Answer

I TOTALLY AGREE.

I spoke with customer support – located in Columbia, South America! – And they were not aware of any change in the display of sleep data. I too am very disappointed..

Joe

Best Answer

I found the sleep restoration chart (relief).

Maybe the sleep percentages are hidden also?

Please add the color back -- for legibility. 

Best Answer

I woke up to check the amount of time I slept and time in deep sleep, lo and behold a new graft!! I thought something was wrong with my phone. It made me cross eyed! I can’t read it! Please stop changing things that’s working. I have fibromyalgia the former graft worked perfectly! Geez

Best Answer

Maybe I’m missing where to find it with the new app format but, now we don’t get details on our restorative sleep/ sleeping heart rate? There’s another premium feature that has disappeared. I watch my heart rate closely, this is very upsetting to lose this in my sleep report. 

Best Answer

I agree with you.  If they don't reverse it me and my husband are finding a different tracker.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. The new app is dull looking(no color), not user friendly and now I’m not getting any SPO2 information. I wish Google would return the old app! 

Best Answer

I agree.  This new sleep screen is horrible! The sleep data is why I have a Fitbit. I can’t make sense of this change. Please bring the prior design back. It would be different if we were getting new data, but this was a change of appearance only and it is very difficult to read.  Fitbit, you can do better!

Best Answer

The new sleep log from the latest update stinks. It’s hard to read and makes no sense it’s so busy. The oxygen graph shows nothing as there’s no base line as to what is low or what is high.   Software designers did a lousy job of something that already was working fine. 

Best Answer

Hooray! Hooray!

My sleep score is BACK this morning and the whole sleep information section in the IOS has been restored for me! Thank you App Folks! I'm super happy!

Best Answer