Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
454 REPLIES 454
Is it the new version?
Best Answer

These new changes are unacceptable!!!  They look like something that came out 20 years ago!! I’ve pretty much ripped into support (of course they can’t do anything). The SpO2 variations are totally incorrect.  I ran a development organization…this wasn’t QA’d.  And if it was they should lose their jobs and those developers as well.  One of the worse design changes I’ve ever seen/experienced.

Best Answer

The sleep cycle chart looks like a page that did not load properly. I have continued to use Fitbit (even though the Apple Watch has more features that would be useful) because I really enjoy the App. Every recent change has made me question that decision. Especially when the change does not increase functionality.  It is frustrating for your users. 

Best Answer

Why was the sleep stages graph in Premium changed? The new format is unreadable. Much worse. It sucks. It’s change for the sake of change. Roll this back ASAP. If not, I will reconsider my Premium subscription. 

Best Answer

100% Agree! The update ruined the best sleep tracker interface available. STOP MESSING WITH WHAT WORKS. The update is TERRRRRRRIIIIIBBBBBLLLLEEE!

Best Answer

I agree! It’s bad enough that my second Versa 2 doesn’t show a readiness score, or that some of the other “advantages” of Premium aren’t so hot, but this is, as you say, change for the sake of change. And yes, it does suck!

Best Answer

I agree!!! Why can’t they leave it alone? They keep changing everything…… For the worst!!! Pounds

Best Answer

I don’t know where ‘pounds’ came from. I didn’t write that 🙄

Best Answer

Same here, it appears updates are making the app worse instead of better. When the new update, you have to calculate the time asleep or awake. The old way calculated that time.

Best Answer

Whyyyyy?!?
Why did you guys mess with the design?  
I can hardly read it, it's not user friendly, I can no longer share w/a friend (we've been comparing our sleep data for five years now) and I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS UPDATE!!
I'm truly upset as the ONLY reason I use my Fitbit is to monitor my sleep disorder and now it's just UGLY.
I don't need to be able to scroll across and know exactly when I was awake or asleep, I NEED GRAPHS THAT ARE VISUALLY USEFUL! 
Also, when I delete a randomly recorded sleep session within my already recorded sleep session, I need it to STAY deleted, not show up as "other" or "additional" sleep below.

WTAF?!?! Put it back or LET USERS CHOSE THEIR PREFERED VERSION! 
This new one is USELESS AND DIFFICULT TO READ, AND REMOVES PREVIOUS FUNCTIONALITY!!

How can you consider a REGRESSION an "update?"

Best Answer

I'm right there with you. 
Not sure exactly why the redesign--I don't remember seeing anything here on the forums where people were complaining about it.
Bar graphs are always easier for me to read than line graphs and they also removed a lot of the functionality as well.
I'm pretty pissed since this was the primary reason I used my Fitbit as well. 
They should at least allow us to opt out/chose the "classic" version!

Best Answer

According to my 20 minutes of challenged conversation with a tech-support person yesterday, there is no way to go back.
I don't even know how my update happened since I never chose to update it, and in fact I'm using an old iOS on my iPhone because I typically refuse to update any of my apps.
This one snuck in and I'm pissed!!

Best Answer

This new update sucks so bad.  I liked the way my past sleep scores were stacked and I could see my history.  I find it harder to actually understand my sleep with this new format.  I wish we could go back and NOT do an update.  This could be the nail in my fitbit purchase coffin.  UGH!  Why????

Best Answer

Though I DESPISE the new design, it still shows sleep score for me. 
Had they removed that, I would have thrown my Fitbit across the room.

Best Answer

Yes!   Awful!

Best Answer

Hello 

Today April 16 I opened up my Fitbit app ( I have an inspire 2). I have premium. The sleep score looked totally different and was much more lo fi.  It didn’t have the cute graphics and didn’t have for instance the restorative score with the picture of my heart rate through the night. Help! I rlly don’t like it. And I tried charging up my Fitbit as well as logging out and in

Best Answer

I don't know why or how, but somehow this update has done a 180 and my sleep score is back, and the whole page is like it was before. The app tactfully behaves as if yesterday's update didn't exist (in fact, it completely drops Monday out as if never happened). I hope everyone can have theirs back as well. This was a bad miscalculation.

Best Answer

Ever since Fitbit updated their software, my iphone stopped displaying sleep data, graphics and history.   I have recently been diagnosed with afib based on FB alerts I shared with my primary and cardio.  Based on the nighttime sleep data and alerts I was able to document something happening and began, at cardio’s recommendation, tracking daytime arrhythmias via Kardia.   Now all that historic sleep data via graphs and daily saved and displayed info are gone!

Like others here, I have tried restarting my fitbit, uninstalling the app on my phone and nothing changes the current display. 

The current data is simplistic and childishly displayed.

My wife and I are veteran Fitbit owners and advocates.  If this isn’t fixed, we are gone.   12 years of saved data useless.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. The new (current) graphics look like they were a design from the 1990’s. 

Best Answer

It is very unattractive and hard to read. I have no interest looking at my stats with the current design because it is not a user friendly experience. 

Best Answer