Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
451 REPLIES 451

I don’t like the change in the ways the app displays data now.  And it is inaccurate.  It had me riding an outdoor bicycle today.  I don’t even own one! I was mowing grass with a push mower.  The sleep data display is pitiful.  
I will leave Fitbit if they say they can’t go back and do better.  The current app updates are unacceptable.

Best Answer

The new sleep profile is very hard to see because of all the dotted lines. Very confusing compared to straight forward previous layout. How do I get back to old presentation of sleep data? 

Best Answer

Agree. The old interface was better to see and understand. 

Best Answer

I agree totally!  12 years loyal and they are blowing it.  

Best Answer

Seriously, Google?  You are serving this up to Premium members?  Amazing gall.  

Black and white stick-figure graphics for detailed sleep analysis?  I did better than this in high school, using graph paper and a ball-point pen.  Someone steal your colored crayons?  And brains?

Also, Benchmark and 30-Day Average no longer work

IMG_8866.jpeg

Best Answer

I agree! They changed the layout last year so I can't organize my stats. The colors are gone. Now the sleep chart is not easy to read and is worthless for what I use it for. The tech said that they could change it back if there is enough backlash.  PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!!! 😡

Best Answer

Please change sleep app back to the original 😡

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Premium "features" have been in free-fall for almost two years.  I'm holding out on switiching my account over from Fitbit to "Google Fit" -- I can only imagine what a disaster that will be.  

Best Answer

Definitely WAY less info.  Less info that we are PAYING for.

Best Answer

I’ve woken up and noticed the app layout and user interface has completely changed. Is there an option to revert back to the original interface? If not how do I proceed to request a refund? I just paid for a year subscription and don’t want to pay for this redone layout. 

Best Answer

They've removed the begin sleep option so it's not picking up on sleep and if it does then it's way off accurate. They want people to pay to go premium but from what I'm seeing, I wouldn't waste money on on premium, let alone any more watches. They need to sort it out and put it back to how it was. Don't change something that doesn't need fixing. 

Best Answer

Totally agree, what the hell have they done? It’s shockingly awful. Please let us go back to how it was 

Best Answer

My Fitbit inspire 3 just updated to the new sleep graph. I find it very hard to read. I prefer the graph from the previous version. Please give the option to return to that version. 

Best Answer

Hello @Skinnylynnie195 

The percentages are still available. Tap on either the Benchmark or 30 day average buttons under the graph to see them.

This change is part of the Fitbit redesign as described in this article from 9to5 Google (<-- click link). I doubt there will be a return to the former graph.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I absolutely HATE the new sleep graph! It is hard to read and interpret. I love tracking my performance and check my stats multiple times a day. For the first time ever I am actually considering changing to a different smart watch. I’ve stayed true to Fitbit because their sleep tracker was far superior to other devices but since that has now lost its luster for me, there is nothing to prevent me from exploring other options! Is it possible for me to return to what l prefer or am I stuck with this update that I HATE?

Best Answer

Hello @Balboagal 

Sorry to say that there isn't a way to go back to the previous version of the sleep data.

The Sleep data update is part of the Fitbit redesign as described in this 9to5 Google article (<-- click link).

This Fitbit blog post might help you better navigate to the data you're looking for: Redesigned Sleep experience (<-- click link)

If you are still having trouble finding specific sleep data, let us know so we can guide you where to find it.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much!
Best Answer

Completely agree. I couldn’t believe it when I opened the sleep graph today. Horrible interface, ugly to boot. Definitely will not stay with Fitbit if this is not changed.

Best Answer

I agree this is a very bad change to the sleep graphs. How do we get them to change it back??

Best Answer

Please scrap the changes you have made to the sleep graphs in Fitbit premium. The seperate graphs for each stage were very helpful and the new format looks so basic and is hard to read. Please put them back the way they were. Thanks 

Best Answer