Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated calendar notifications throughout the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I make it stop sending notifications?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

Hi, this seems like an old issue and supposedly Fitbit has resolved it, but I’m having it on my Fitbit Versa 1 - my phone is iPhone XR iOS v13.4.1, both Fitbit app and Fitbit OS on my Versa 1 are updated to the latest. The Calendar notifications are repeated at arbitrary times, several times a day

Best Answer

I was also having this problem for additional calendars I no longer had active. (Technicians calendars from a previous job). I just now think (hope) I solved the issue. Open the calendar app; at the bottom of page there will be TODAY, CALENDARS & INBOX; click on Calendars and Find the one you think might be giving you the problem, even if it isn’t checked (I also had my Google calendar & Gmail checked so my calendar kept repeating itself); click on the i and scroll down to Notifications; Turn off notifications for Event Alerts. Even though I had turned off notifications everywhere else, this was still set. I’m pretty sure it’s why I was getting notifications on my Fitbit and not on my phone. Let me know if it works for you!

Best Answer

So, I like the calendar notifications.  I don’t like incessant reminders.  The issue I have is the following:  when I walk away from my phone, I receive a notification and will continue getting notifications every 2-5 minutes until I get close (<20ft?) to my phone again. After looking at the posts from others who have experienced this, it seems likely that it is related to the BlueTooth connection between my FitBit and my phone. It’s a “first world problem” but I feel it is fixable - just need FitBit to work on it. My Apple Calendar sends me notifications and doesn’t have this issue (reminding me every 2 minutes), but it isn’t paired with any outside apps/devices...

Best Answer
Thanks for this. I have turned off notification alerts so I will see if it
stops the problem. Cheers
--
Sue
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope it works for you! It definitely solved my problem 😁
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Same here, waking me up every 2 hours when sleeping.  I keep my phone on another floor of my house so maybe it’s Bluetooth.  I don’t get as many annoying  notifications during the day when my phone is right near me, only at night.  I delete the calendar entries and it just goes to the next day.  Awful!

Best Answer

I just went into settings and found SLEEP MODE. And then went into that and
found SCHEDULE. And then I customized my sleep mode schedule. Sleep mode is
supposed to Dim the screen and silence notifications while sleeping. You
can turn it on manually or schedule it. I will turn on my notifications
today and see if it works. I will report back in a few days.
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked! Please try it and I hope it works for you all as well.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like "Calendar Notifications" is no longer one of the options showing in the Notifications list. However, the notifications keep coming. Your experience?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has just started happening to me today.  Same notification keeps reminding every couple of minutes all day.  Like being connected to my phone but seriously I only need one notification - not the same one every 2 minutes for 9hrs now!  Is there seriously no fix for this yet?  I see somebody reported it in 2019!

Best Answer

Can I ask why you just can’t put the solution on here instead of PM you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Does anyone know the solution? Who are you talking about PMing?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I still get multiple reminders, but only if I don't clear them.  They don't wake me up, but do pile up and I still have to delete them in the morning.  I have noticed that they will repeat if I don't acknowledge them and clear them from my Versa. I would think that if you cleared them off the phone, then that would stop them on the Versa as well, but I haven't tested that theory.

Has anyone followed my directions (in a previous post) and still had this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There isn't anything for me to clear to be able to try that. Plus the notifications are occurring at strange times eg 8.03pm

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too keep receiving these at strange times like 00:03.

From reading the history this has been a known issue for at least 8 months, so unsure why support keep trying to offer work around - the issue just needs fixing. This appears to be just another issue that goes on for months and Fitbit never fix

Best Answer

Hi, i just bought a brand new inspire and i’m getting notifications for “all day” events 20+ times per day! it’s driving me bonkers. can you please post an estimated timeline for fixing this? 

Best Answer

Any updates on this? I don't want to disable notifications for calendar entirely but the constantly repeating notifications are really annoying...  

Best Answer

It doesn’t look like this is going to be fixed, and it’s been going on for weeks for me, so I’m switching to an Apple Watch. The incessant repeating reminders are driving me nuts.

Best Answer

I am not having any issues after performing the fix that I specified in an
earlier post. Sorry to hear that you are still having issues.--

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to stop the notifications by going into my iPhone settings, scrolling to Calendar and turning off "Notifications."

Best Answer
0 Votes