Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share icon disappeared from Today tab

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using app on iPhone normally until today.

Usually grab a snapshot of the days activities using the Share icon top right of the Today screen.

That icon has now disappeared.

My partners iPhone still shows it and it's functional.

What's going on, any suggestions anyone?

Have reset the phone but still same.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I understand how you are feeling and appreciate everyone's feedback. According to the information from our team, it looks like you're using a new app look that we're trying out. Your Fitbit app may look different from your friend's. We're always looking to improve our products, so if the design we're testing is successful, you may see elements of it in a future version of the app. I appreciate your understanding. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
150 REPLIES 150

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Henryhomp.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  6. Sync your Fitbit and check if you can share your activities. 

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I do not find the little icon to upload my pics and share my steps to my groups and Fitbit friends. It is gone. I removed the app and reinstalled that but cannot find the icon anymore. Do you have this problem? Can it be fixed ?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Hi, thanks for the support, I didn't understand what was meant by force quitting the app, didn't make sense in instructions.

So deleted the app entirely.

Adding app again and logging in the problem is exactly the same.

The Share icon which enabled me to capture the activity data for the day, for example overlaid across a picture, is still missing.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, it's something I used every day.

This is on iPhone 6 by the way.

Best Answer

The feature to post my results (elsewhere) to Facebook is not longer on my app.  Did something change?

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Henryhomp.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and would like to advise that our team has started releasing a new version of the Fitbit app. Please update your app when you see the option available as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app? 

Hope this gets you back on track. 

Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @SalBol.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution.

See you around.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue, I’ve uninstalled the app a few times, logged out, logged in. Tried rebooting my phone but the share icon has disappeared 

Best Answer

Is there a release date?  Same problem here.  ☹️

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TherealOG @FWAggie @sarahmoo.

Thank you for the information and for taking the time to report this matter. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've forwarded your comments to our team so they can further investigate this issue. I will be sure to keep you updated as more information becomes available. In the meantime, I advise keeping your Fitbit app up to date.

Please note that I have merged several threads with this issue.

I’ll be around. 

Best Answer

Yeah my app is up to date, thanks for the reply and I will wait to hear for the solution. Thanks

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @sarahmoo.

I appreciate your feedback and would like to advise that our team has released a new app version (3.41.1). If you haven't done so already, I recommend updating the app as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to this version 4 days ago and there is still the same problem. It hasn’t been fixed

Best Answer

No help. I have the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice.  It is on the release issued 4/28.  iOS also at latest release.  

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies, @sarahmoo @FWAggie.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists after updating the app to the latest version. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Our team is looking into this issue and as soon as there is any news on the matter, I'll be sharing them. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

I’ll be around. 

Best Answer

The share icon that is usually located in the today tab of the dashboard has disappeared from my Fitbit app. I've deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app, rebooted my Inspire 2, and turned my iPhone 12 on and off but the share icon remains missing. I've contacted the Fitbit support line but they've been unable to provide a solution. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @lamnj.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are currently investigating it. I am sorry for any trouble, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated. 

By the way, I've merged your post to this thread for more information.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My initial query related to using the app on an iPhone 6, but was ok on my iPad so could work around either there or on iPhone 7 but as of today I’m now seeing the same problem on all three devices,

This is unbelievably incompetent of your software team to roll out a known bug across a wider platform base!

I can’t believe you’ve deliberately done this!

if there any fix in the pipeline?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know how to get the “share” icon back to the main page in the app?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update, @Henryhomp.

I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. I would like to advise that our team has started releasing a new version of the Fitbit app (3.42) and I recommend updating the app once you see it available as updates come with new features and bug fixes. You can confirm the steps to update the app in How do I update the Fitbit app?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer