Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share icon disappeared from Today tab

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using app on iPhone normally until today.

Usually grab a snapshot of the days activities using the Share icon top right of the Today screen.

That icon has now disappeared.

My partners iPhone still shows it and it's functional.

What's going on, any suggestions anyone?

Have reset the phone but still same.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
150 REPLIES 150
Yes but it doesn’t save to your posts.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Yes, very frustrating! No longer have availability to share. You would think Fitbit would want you to as a form of advertising for them!

Best Answer

As an option, you can tap the Community tab > tap the running man icon > tap Dashboard and share your stats. 

Best Answer

As an option, you can tap the Community tab > tap the running man icon > tap Dashboard and share your stats. 

Best Answer
No that’s not true. It only shares THAT DAY’S dashboard. If I forget to post a step goal the previous day it’s not available anymore.
How hard is it for you guys to understand this?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I did run across that yesterday an thought it was a fluke because i sure could not remember how i got there. It’s an ok way but very much not a good alternative 

Best Answer

As much as I havre the thought I’m with you . I’m very sad that after 4 years it may end like this 

Best Answer

Yes it’s terrible. I called again today. I can’t see my posts. I can post from community but it dues not save to profile. They have no idea what is wrong and not site it will be fixed. Do not only can yuh not share but you can’t save either. You think this would be priority with so many complaints. 

Best Answer

Thanks for that workaround 👍, it works for me and at least I can stop making screenshots of my results 😉. Of course I still hope that Fitbit is smart enough to reactivate the share button on the today dashboard. Thanks again. 

Best Answer

Wow thanks for the workaround that does the job, can’t believe someone from FitBit didn’t come up with this 😜

Best Answer

Oh it only works for the current day, oh well nearly a solution, looks like it’s back to email my daily pic to another device doing the snapshot and email back to where I started ! 

🙄

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in this thread.

Thanks for your continued feedback, I understand how frustrating this is for you and how much this change is affecting you. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. As an option, you can try the steps shared by @Onaquest4steps and @SunsetRunner to tap the Community tab > tap the running man icon > tap Dashboard and share your stats. 

To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

Please note I have merged several posts to this single thread to keep our forums organized.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn’t about my Fitbit looking different from my friends. My Fitbit app used to allow me to share my steps with various exercise groups on social media. It is required to have a date as well as your total steps on a screen shot. I do not know why this feature went away. If the share feature is disabled, at least add the date to the main screen with the steps. If this isn’t corrected soon I will change to another brand that will give me the functionality I need. 

Best Answer

Exactly!!!! 
Fitbit team!!! Wake up and fix this now!!!

Best Answer

It saves a pic of your choice with data overlay but is only available for the current day, you can’t for example do today’s capture tomorrow 🙁

Best Answer

Sorry but that's not helping with our problem, are you going to fix it or not, I'm already looking for another tracker source in anticipation of the function disappearing from my Android device... are you going to "upgrade" the app on that device too?

Best Answer

yes what the hell?  I want the share button back!  I don’t like this new app! Seriously? 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

My iPhone 10xs max fitbit app no longer has the share button!  Please fix this!  It’s so annoying!  First my charge 3 you can use outside as the screen is black now this!  I need to buy a new fitbit even though mine works is ridiculous but I use my Fitbit outside! Now I can’t share data unless I do a screen shot?  Seriously?  I think the Apple Watch is looking better everyday!  Please fix the share button how hard can it be?  I tried your logging off, restarting my phone logging back in to my Fitbit app!  Still nothing!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow your way smarter than the moderator! Thank you

Best Answer

Sure. You can do that. But why take the share button away, which was *right there* and make us go through all these extra steps? Can it be that they want us to GO through communities? Maybe this is an advertisement thing? And even if you DO go there you CANNOT share the previous day. That is my entire point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes