Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share icon disappeared from Today tab

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using app on iPhone normally until today.

Usually grab a snapshot of the days activities using the Share icon top right of the Today screen.

That icon has now disappeared.

My partners iPhone still shows it and it's functional.

What's going on, any suggestions anyone?

Have reset the phone but still same.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
150 REPLIES 150

This response isn’t addressing the full group of irritated users. This faithful sold out Fitbit user is beyond irritated. 

Best Answer

This has happened before and for the life of me I can’t remember how I fixed it. I had to because Fitbit tech support had no clue. Called again yesterday and nothing has changed. They still don’t know how to fix it. I am using iOS.

Best Answer

I've moved this iOS thread out of Sense hardware support and into IOS software support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would echo the sentiments out here - I’ve been patiently waiting for a fix for a month and the responses so far have been frustrating. An expected date of when the share icon is coming back would be useful. Otherwise, let us categorically know that the icon is not coming back.

Best Answer

Exactly they don’t appear to have a clue whether it’s just randomly disappeared or it’s been removed as part of the “upgrade” frankly it’s a farce!

Best Answer

Mine is missing since yesterday too.  Super annoying

Best Answer

Mine is gone also since yesterday.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled and the same.  My husbands is also missing on his phone.

Best Answer

You have had this issue a month??? This is truly weird. I was good until 5/25. 

Best Answer

I used to be able to see a “share” button right on top of the main page on the mobile. I would frequently post my steps etc on Facebook. 
Now the button is gone and I have to go to communities then the running man icon, then the dashboard. 
Most distressing is that I can’t post the previous day. Sometimes I hit my target but I’m too tired or forget to post. Now I can’t. I can only post my current day dashboard. 
Ive tried logging out, restarting my iPhone and removing the app from my mobile. I don’t want to delete the app because I don’t want to lose any data. 
Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Please Let me know if you ever remember, no luck with Fitbit support, last time I will ever buy a Fitbit.

Best Answer

Is this share icon missing from all 3 pages? 

The nights sleep, single exeesizes, and the daily stats on the home screen? 

Best Answer

Not on mine but I have to go the particular session and then it allows to share through the heart rate grid etc but I can’t share my collective activity .. usually the camera icon is to share my full stats .. no longer exist just disappeared like it owed me money . 

Best Answer
Exactly !
Best Answer

After you asked I verified and it only appears on the nights sleep, weird, it was working 2 nights ago.

you want a share it all: steps, calories, active minutes and distance. Icon where charging box was now says “EDIT”

Best Answer
It’s only missing from the Home Screen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

After a week of emailing I finally got a reply today from the Fitbit team.

We can confirm that the Share button has been removed and that is not a bug. Changes and updates in the app don't reach all customers at once but we can confirm that this change was intended and expected.

Your Fitbit app may look different from your friends'. We're always looking to improve our products, so if the design we're testing is successful, you may see elements of it in a future version of the app. We hope this helps. If you have other questions, please visit Fitbit 

I don’t understand why they removed the share button, really bad move IMO 

Best Answer

I don’t even know what to say!!! They ruined Fitbit. If they don’t bring it back what’s the point   We will find another place. 

Best Answer

It's an upgrade apparently, but oh no hang on they're not sure, maybe it'll re-appear in another upgrade...

Best Answer

Hello everyone, one of my friends found a workaround. If you go to community (bottom of the app) , tap running, photo and champions cup icon on top right, tap the dashboard icon and then it displays same view as what you would have had if the share icon wasn't missing and then you can proceed as normal from here. Realise this takes 3 clicks instead of one (with the share icon) but hopefully gets a few of us the much needed results

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @NandaFerre.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. It looks like you're using a new app look that we're trying out. Your Fitbit app may look different from your friend's. We're always looking to improve our products, so if the design we're testing is successful, you may see this change in a future version of the app. I appreciate your understanding.

To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

By the way, I've moved your post to the iOS App board so we can keep our forums organized.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes