Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages not appearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry for the delayed response to this thread. Thanks for all of your feedback and patience with the new Sleep Stages feature. A few notes: 

Sleep Stages is now currently available for Charge 2, Blaze, and Alta HR.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of Sleep Stages, including:

• Sleeping in a position that prevented the tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or the tracker was worn too loosely. For best results, wear the tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • Sleeping for less than 3 hours.
  • The tracker’s battery is critically low.

You should also ensure your Fitbit app is on the latest version and your tracker firmware is up to date. 

I've also placed the Sleep Stages help page here for further information.  

If Sleep Stages is still missing, please check that All-Day sync is enabled on your app by going to Account > Your Tracker, then note the time you went to sleep. If you aren’t seeing Sleep Stages, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

Same issue here. I have a Blaze, and started seeing sleep stages earlier this week. Today it switched back to the old view. I like the stages view. Will I get it back?

Best Answer

My Blaze showed the new sleep stages on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.  Friday night/Saturday morning it reverted to the old sleep patterns.  I'm using a Moto G5 Plus phone.  On Friday afternoon I updated it to Nougat, although I don't know why that would have made a difference.

Looking forward to a fix.

Best Answer

I woke up this morning with my sleep data reverted back to the old set up also. I had come to like the new one too. Oh well 

Best Answer

Me too!  I have a charge 2 and had the stages M-F and then back to the old way the last 2 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages showed on my Fitbit app until this morning. The display has reverted back to the old style. 

Please bring it back. Even if it is just an estimate, it was very interesting. 

Best Answer

Sleep stages is back this morning!  Yay!  Hoping it stays. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got exactly the same problem with my Blaze. Any response Fitbit?

Best Answer

2 Fitbit charge 2 in my household. One shows new sleep data and has since roll out. The other, mine has never once shown it very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! I hope you'red having a great day, thanks for joining and participating in the conversation. Smiley Happy

I'm glad you're excited about the new sleep tracking features and insights. Our team wants to make sure that you have the best possible experience with these new features which are now progressively rolling out to Charge 2 users. Please keep an eye for a future update on your Charge 2 that will add Sleep Stages so you can better monitor your sleep.

Nevertheless, if you're using a Blaze and have updated your Charge 2 recently, I would like to suggest the following in order to get Sleep Stages back:

• Make sure your tracker is not on low battery (you can check this after syncing your tracker, if the battery icon is on green or yellow you'll be fine)
  • Make sure you sleep for more than 3 hours.
  • Check the positioning of your tracker and verify that is not too tight or too loose on your wrist.

If you're still not getting Sleep Stages, please turn on All-Day sync by going to the Fitbit app > Account > Your Tracker. If this still doesn't do the trick, keep All-Day sync turned on, note down the time when you went to sleep and reply to me with this information. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Here's my detailed report 

• Fitbit Blaze
  • Battery has been yellow or green throughout timeframe displayed below.  I normally charge the battery shortly after it hits yellow, so its always good.
  • I keep the watch fairly loose.  It rides to about 1-2 finger widths above my wrist bone. I get a heart rate displayed >90% of the times I look.  Rarely does it show -- and no heart rate.
  • All day synch is left on (always)
  • I've had my Blaze for just over a month.  Always showed (old) sleep pattern just fine.
  • Below is a daily list going back about one week.  Please note: I upgraded from Marshmallow to Nougat on my phone on Mar 27 (but I don't see how that would affect results).
  • If there's any more info you need, please ask.

• Mar 26 10:45 pm sleep, Mar 27 7:26 am wake (old sleep pattern displayed)
  • Mar 27 11:01 pm sleep, Mar 28 6:45 am wake (new sleep stages displayed)
  • Mar 28 10:38 pm sleep, Mar 29 6:15 am wake (sleep stages displayed)
  • Mar 29 10:18 pm sleep, Mar 30 7:46 am wake (sleep stages displayed)
  • Mar 30 10:23 pm sleep, Mar 31 7:04 wake (sleep stages displayed)
  • Mar 31 10:46 pm sleep, Apr 1 8:25 am wake (back to old sleep pattern display)
  • Apr 1 11:02 pm sleep, Apr 2 7:32 am wake (old sleep pattern displayed)
  • Apr 2 10:37 sleep, Apr 3 7:12 wake (old sleep pattern displayed)
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It'll be the new layout for a day or two, then it'll go back to the old format. Then the next day it seems like it's back to the new one again. Like someone else said, maybe it's just a hiccup that'll get fixed soon. But I am glad that I'm not the only one seeing this happen so maybe it'll get solved sooner.

Best Answer
Have never seen new sleep stages. Girlfriend has had new sleep stages from day one. April 3 went to sleep at 4:04 am still no new sleep data. Girlfriend is on same sleep schedule hers is still working. Very frustrating seeing hers work!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will it also be available to Blaze users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ignore my previous reply I replied about a charge 1 when I have a blaze. Hopefully the new style will be available as it's more of an app update I think as well as the device update which should have or is going to happen if device is compatible 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 but just has the old view. Is this a problem with the app? When will it be fixed

Best Answer

I have the new Alta HR and the new sleep stages seem to come and go on my dashboard.  Help?  They are sooo helpful!  They showed up last week but I get one or two days of stages and then one "old" day. Last two nights have been old... I miss the stages!  When will they be back for good?

Best Answer

My 1 week old Alta HR also had the new sleep pattern for 2 days and reverted back. Am new to this but the sleep tracking is a feature, for health reasons, I am excited about. Will this fix automatically update ? Thx. p.s. I read on a help page that the Blaze and Alta HR are supposed to have this new feature. 

Best Answer

This might be a bit premature, but yesterday I made some changes to my Fitbit app and last night sleep patterns re-appeared.  I'm not sure I can recall all of the changes I made, but there are the ones I remembered:

• I turned off notifications on the phone app (some had been on)
  • I changed my goal from calories to steps
  • I removed sleep goals

For now, I'm going to leave everything as-is.  If I consistently get sleep stages, I'll start modifying the above items to see if I can identify the problem.

In the meantime, Fitbit, you might look for interactions between sleep stages display and various settings.

Best Answer

I did absolutely nothing, besides of reporting and waiting, and my patterns are back on track...

Since this seems to be something which is calculated on their servers, I guess everything we can do is just leave them handle the possible issues with this new feature... it will come... and I rather wait for a few days and get a great aaaand finished product, then stress them out and get a rushed buggy feature... so everything is fine 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has happened to me using a blaze and another girl using a charge 2 in my office. Do you have an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes