Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages not appearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry for the delayed response to this thread. Thanks for all of your feedback and patience with the new Sleep Stages feature. A few notes: 

Sleep Stages is now currently available for Charge 2, Blaze, and Alta HR.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of Sleep Stages, including:

• Sleeping in a position that prevented the tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or the tracker was worn too loosely. For best results, wear the tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • Sleeping for less than 3 hours.
  • The tracker’s battery is critically low.

You should also ensure your Fitbit app is on the latest version and your tracker firmware is up to date. 

I've also placed the Sleep Stages help page here for further information.  

If Sleep Stages is still missing, please check that All-Day sync is enabled on your app by going to Account > Your Tracker, then note the time you went to sleep. If you aren’t seeing Sleep Stages, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

So this won't be a feature on the Blaze? Only the charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I had over a week of sleep stages and then this morning it was gone- back to the old sleep data. 

I am am using a Charge 2 and had the new sleep info from March 27 until April 4.

I am totally loving the data please get a fix in place.

i would also love it if I could sync my Insight Timer meditation app with Fitbit as well...hint hint. 😉 Meditation is also a healthy part of life!

Best Answer

Thanks for your report. I received a text message while I was asleep last night and perhaps that interferes with the sleep stages. I am going to shut off notifications tonight and see if the stages comes back!

Best Answer

I have the new Alta HR... was psyched about the stages, but have only seen them sporadically.  First appeared on 3/27, then 3/29 and 30, gone for 4/1, back for 4/2, and gone ever since.  This is really frustrating... can FitBit please help?!?

Best Answer

Hello battery was green went to sleep 10:54. Woke at 7:02am today.

I had sleep stages and it stopped on Monday. Using Blaze version number 17.8.401.3.

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have he Alta HR and have had sleep stages for about 7-10

days and as of today reverted back to the regular sleep program. What happened and when will sleep stages be back. I loved it!

Best Answer
@Steve7100 wrote:

This might be a bit premature, but yesterday I made some changes to my Fitbit app and last night sleep patterns re-appeared.  I'm not sure I can recall all of the changes I made, but there are the ones I remembered:

• I turned off notifications on the phone app (some had been on)
  • I changed my goal from calories to steps
  • I removed sleep goals

For now, I'm going to leave everything as-is.  If I consistently get sleep stages, I'll start modifying the above items to see if I can identify the problem.

In the meantime, Fitbit, you might look for interactions between sleep stages display and various settings.

After the adjustments I made (and subsequently had sleep stages showing), last night sleep stages disappeared again.  (sigh).  

Hey Fitbit.  How about engaging with us to let us know what's going on!

Best Answer

The new sleep tracker worked for a week then day before yesterday it reverted back to the old style. Yesterday morning the new one was back, but alas, this morning it has reverted back to the old style. I haven't changed a thing on my app. Boo!!

Best Answer

I have the charge 2 and I don't have any notifications nothing but used for hr, workout tracking, and sleep.  Sleep stages was working fine then today back to old style.  With so many having the problem I would say it is an issue that Fitbit needs to address and fix.  It is not good when you just had your stock tumble to the basement you are struggling with sales and then your software is hit or miss.  Very frustrating to your consumers.   

Best Answer

I posted on this earlier- I had the sleep stages for a few days, then they went away, then they came back, so I thought all was good.  As of last night, they are gone again. The stages are WAY more accurate than the asleep/restless data was and for those of us who have a Fitbit (Blaze) partly to track sleep due to sleep problems- this is beyond frustrating. Because the Fitbit has a tendency to call you asleep if you are laying on the couch, I take mine off until I go to bed, so it can accurately track sleep. This morning, it claims I slept for nearly 10 hours because it counted me as asleep when I wasn't even wearing the thing!

Please, Fitbit folks, can we hear from you and get an answer as to why the sleep stages data cannot regularly appear on our daily data...

Best Answer

Helpful but not really.   

Thanks for the explanation but that doesn't give us much to go on!   Dates --actual dates of the roll out is what we want.  

Very frustrating to have this new (and very useful) feature and then have it stripped away!   Grrr 😳😖

mine started on 3/27 and was up for 8 nights then nothing.  Wth? 

That is so wrong 

can you get some better dates we can expect this to roll out?   And those that DID get it as a test run... we want it back FIRST!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Charge2. New sleep stages started showing on 3/27... it's great. But today it went back to old version. I can still see data in sleep stages back thru 3/27.. but today 4/5 shows old format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exact same for me with the Alta HR. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The new Sleep Stages view showed up on my Dashboard on 3/26. LOVED it. When I woke this morning, it was the old view. I saw that there were some troubles with the rollout, but wondering... will we get the new view of Awake, REM, Light and Deep back anytime soon?

Best Answer
I deleted and reinstalled the app, made sure all notifications were off, made sure firmware was current. And still nothing. I go to bed around 11-1130 even earlier last week and up about 7 everyday. Plenary of sleep. Hr tracking at night as well. Charger 2. Nothing still. No data.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Alta HR still is only tracking the old way.  Helpful, but nowhere near as awesome as stages.  For FitBit to roll this option out, post it on my app when I try to look at sleep, and then have it fail is really frustrating.  PLEASE bring back sleep stages!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Based on another member's post-I turned off notifications on my charge 2 but did not change anything in the app. When I woke up this morning the sleep stages had returned.

However I'm taking a wait and see attitude due to other members experiences where the sleep stages appear one day and then disappear the next day.

I really think this was one of the best things Fitbit has developed and I really hope that they can work a fix quickly. It is so helpful to me with regard to my health issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be back today. No changes made in my settings. How about you all???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine's still missing... been gone all week. Ugh....
~ali86

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine Came back this morning with no changes or updates.
Yay!
Best Answer
0 Votes