Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages not appearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry for the delayed response to this thread. Thanks for all of your feedback and patience with the new Sleep Stages feature. A few notes: 

Sleep Stages is now currently available for Charge 2, Blaze, and Alta HR.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of Sleep Stages, including:

• Sleeping in a position that prevented the tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or the tracker was worn too loosely. For best results, wear the tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • Sleeping for less than 3 hours.
  • The tracker’s battery is critically low.

You should also ensure your Fitbit app is on the latest version and your tracker firmware is up to date. 

I've also placed the Sleep Stages help page here for further information.  

If Sleep Stages is still missing, please check that All-Day sync is enabled on your app by going to Account > Your Tracker, then note the time you went to sleep. If you aren’t seeing Sleep Stages, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

Someone posted about this yesterday with somewhat of an explanation. Saying that you won't see the new sleep features if your FitBit is low on battery or if it is not positioned correctly on your wrist. So last night before bed I charged my Blaze fully and made the band a little tighter and when I woke this morning I was able to see the new sleep feature. I hadn't changed anything else, so worth a try.

Best Answer

No changes to blaze no changes to tension on my arm no changes to app. Last night battery was yellow , during sleep battery went to blinking red almost dead. When I checked app this morning. Sleep stages returned for last nights sleep. 

New feature just seems flaky

Best Answer

Well I was wondering why my friends in Texans have the new R.E.M. But I don't in Ohio ... 

Looking forward to it. 

Hurry up Fitbit 2 programmers lol 😂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact issue with my Blaze. Had about a week or two of stage activity logged and now back to the old style. What a disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages finally reappeared for the last two nights!  Fingers crossed that they stay this time...

Best Answer

My sleep stages came back on Thursday and have so far remained. I did turn off notifications on my Charge 2 but from what I am reading of others experiences this may not have been the fix...however being of a mildly superstitious type, I am not going to risk turning the notifications back on! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages went away again last night.  This is so incredibly frustrating!!!

Best Answer

Will the original Charge HR trackers have the new sleep dashboard also?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything. Turning the notifications off restarting Fitbit tracker. Updated everything. I still get no data.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Marco, tried all these suggestions. I have a blaze. Had the new sleep stages data from 28th March to Monday 10th May. My dashboard now just shows the earlier basic sleep information. 

Best,
Chris H.

Best Answer

Hello,

I've never seen my sleep stages at the R.E.M., deep sleep levels. Is there a projected timeline that the rollout will be complete to all Charge 2 users?

thanks!

Best Answer

I have a fitbit charge 2 which for something like a month showed the line graph with rem.

This week that disappeared and my dashboard reverted to the pre-rem system.

This is a real downer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seeing the same issue on my Blaze.  I've had the detailed sleep stages since I got my Fitbit 2 weeks ago, but when I look at my data for last night all it has is this useless "sleep pattern" dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine seems like it's fixed. It's been showing the new sleep stages for a little over a week. I updated my phone's fitbit app, and I also had a software update on the fitbit itself.

That probably doesn't help much, but maybe make sure that your actual fitbit watch's firmware is up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, got the deep, rem & light sleep report for first night but disappointed when it disappeared on night two. Had band tight on wrist as per online tip but no report 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a Blaze user and my sleep stages suddenly came back. Now seems to be ok. Could have been a glitch. Not sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same problem, the new sleep modes appeared for two days, Monday and Tuesday, then returned to the old version today! Why? 

Best Answer

Using the Charge 2.

I only had Sleep Stages show for one night (two nights ago).

Currently I only get the old sleep view, both on the dashboard and the app for iOS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Finally got sleep stages in my Charge 2 for one night.  Last night it reverted to no sleep stages.  This is frustrating!

Best Answer
Good Day - I turned off notifications on my device and have had sleep stages ever since. Not sure if that's what fixed it but I'm not taking any chances either!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes