Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

My Fitbit updated and I no longer see the star or my streak 

Best Answer

So I am 5 days away from a "Step Streak" of 2 years (730 days). So the new Fitbit app just dropped and the function showing the Step Streak days is no longer shown on the "Today" page which was helpful motivation to keep going.

Tech support confirmed this info is no longer available in the new app. Is there a way to revert back to the previous app as this new version is not an improvement?

Best Answer

same for me why would they do this  guess apple is better

Best Answer

So I am 5 days away from a "Step Streak" of 2 years (730 days). So the new Fitbit app just dropped and the function showing the Step Streak days is no longer shown on the "Today" page which was helpful motivation to keep going.

Tech support confirmed this info is no longer available in the new app. Is there a way to revert back to the previous app as this new version is not an improvement?

Best Answer

I am on day 199 of reaching my 10,000 step goal and was looking forward to continuing.  My highest was 204 days before I got covid.  Why on earth is that not on the app anymore??  Please bring it back!

Best Answer

Very upsetting Reo442! One would think they would ask what features we value most and improve them not disable them.  The step streak is important and very motivating to so many of us.  They've taken away our challenges, our badges and now our streak *shakes head*  - I am not opposed to change but really do they have to take away everything we loved about Fitbit?  I feel like more of a hostage to my Fitbit/Google than a valued user.  Most of us bought (and repurchased through thick and thin) for the very features they're taking away from us. I wonder if it's because it's a lot of data to store and there is no profit in that?  I wish they would explain and show us the exciting new features (not a layout on an app) that will replace it. *Super Sad Face*

Best Answer

REO442 if you click on the shoe you can look at your day, week month year ...  At the year level you can see each month with an average for the year.  The week will say you've hit your goal for 4 days and the month reads 28-days and neither is as satisfying as "You're on a X-day streak!" 

Best Answer

Thank you for the kind note and support. It's reassuring to know that others feel the same way and who knows, maybe it was an oversight and with enough support the function may find its way in the next release.

Best Answer

Thank you for the insight lizd1348! Yes, clicking on the shoe will provide the details so at least we have that info. In terms tallying the streak days, we'll need to keep track of it separately. Perhaps I'll use a quill and ink well to scribe it on parchment paper :->.

Best Answer

I had over 1,000 consecutive days of meeting my step goal. I really want this information returned to the app.

Best Answer

I am also super disappointed that the step steak is gone and without warning. Why not give the user the choice as to what to include? I also don’t see the weekly cumulative steps count which I liked. Come on, FitBit. I’m sure someone was soooo proud of the new way the step count loads while syncing but I’m so annoyed by the changes that I truly can’t stand watching that new feature count up. Please add both of the features back. Or I will indeed switch devices. Why stay loyal to a company that doesn’t care about its customers?? 

Best Answer

Completely agree. New app is awful.

Best Answer

I am on a 400 day step streak - obviously it is a major motivator for me and a source of pride.  I woke up to the new app look (this morning) and no step streak anywhere.  Help!!

Best Answer

I agree. I have almost 800 days of 10,000+ consecutive steps. Today it’s gone. I reach 10,000 steps today and nothing showed up to tell me what day I was on. Very frustrated. I agree they need to bring it back. Not very happy about it.

Best Answer

To add an additional voice crying out, “Injustice”:

The step streak banner feature is imperative for maintaining the fitness goals that are set. Knowing the banner only appears when milestones are reached, encourages users to continue fitness efforts on a daily basis. A Fitbit’s main purpose is to assist users in meeting wellness and fitness goals. Therefore the loss of such a feature is in direct opposition to Fitbit’s purpose. Developers, please correct this error in judgment. 

Best Answer

I wish the app would count your goal streak. I'm about to hit 100 days of hitting my step goal and there is nothing showing in the app. I use a separate app to monitor my streaks. It would be nice to see this for all goals even water, calories sleep etc.

Best Answer

Please tell me this isn’t removed permanently. I’ve been working all year to get to 365 straight days and now it’s gone 16 days before I get there. This was literally the biggest motivator I had going on.  Please add it back immediately 

Best Answer

The step streak was the only thing that motivated me to keep going. I needed to see it on a DAILY basis. I was already hating on my Fitbit and now I think I will take a hammer and smash it and get something else. Maybe even an Apple Watch, which I have resisted forever. I feel f**ked with. GTH, Fitbit. Editing to add...well, the hammer remark was a bit harsh--I don't really want to do that--but I'm still very unhappy being forced to a new display that excludes the step streak. I was only at 138--I feel badly for those of you who were on a huge amount!  You are an inspiration! I was wondering if I'd make it a year and you all are so much more motivating that my Fitbit at the moment. Still, I am probably going to be moving to a different device. 

Best Answer

My steps streak should be around 530 days. I hope it’s still accumulating even though I can’t see it…..YET.

Best Answer

It was my biggest motivator, too! Why did they remove it? People need to be able to track consecutive days. It's THE only motivator someday to get out of bed and get moving. I'm extremely disappointed.

Best Answer