Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

It’s so frustrating when a function we rely on for motivation is removed for no apparent reason or explanation!

I was up to 1,125 consecutive days on my step streak. Now I’ll have to add my days up manually.

If this is Google’s new approach, I think it’s time to switch over to an Apple Watch instead.

Best Answer

Is there anyway to see your step streak on the redesigned app?  This was a major motivational aspect that helped me achieve my goals!  Fitbit needs to understand that something as simple as not being able to see your step streak is going to cause loyal customers to move onto a different product!

Best Answer

My app updated today. My step streak is gone! I was on day 640!! Almost two years and it’s gone!! Bring it back Fitbit 

this app update is terrible 

Best Answer

Welcome back to the Fitbit community, @Paulied4215!

Your phone finally seems to have received the new Fitbit app version 4 update. Fitbit has streamlined the overall look and feel and given it a modernized, more minimalist design. As this is a massive update, one clearly has to get used to the changes. To get you accustomed to the new design as comfortably as possible, please have a look here:

Fitbit - The Pulse - Fitbit Community Blog - The redesigned Fitbit app is rolling out 

In the new app version you'll find your Exercise Days tile under Activity.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

I want the step streak back too!! I had over 426 days and it disappeared yesterday! Bring it back!! 

Best Answer

I just had the app update this morning and found my step streak missing - I am on Day 997 and am beyond pissed that they've removed it! They obviously have no clue that that feature is such a motivator for so many of us! I have pondered getting another watch if/when my step streak was broken - now I might just do it! Way to F it up Google!

Best Answer

In absolutely agree that that was a major motivator. I would love to have that back 

Best Answer

I have seen some posts regarding missing step streak - and sorry to say - it seems like it is gone. As far as I know Step Strak has not been available for new Fitbit users for years. I got mine in September 2019 and I have never had "Step Streak" - I would like to have it myself, and why they suspend Step Streak is a good question...

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Very frustrating… I tried love chat and got a canned response that I should try it for a few days. That chat got cut short when I nicely replied that canned responses like that are not really useful and a little insulting as it suggest we didn’t already try to resolve this on our own. I understand the people or perhaps autobots have no real resources to work with so I avoid being mean but I hoe the developers are reading forums like this and resolve this issue soon. 

Best Answer

So after my update of the Fitbit app happened...I lost my steak banner.  I was at 804 or 805 days ...and going strong.  It helped to keep me motivated...and now I fear that I may slack off...since it is not there.  Please bring it back!  

Best Answer

Figured out how to customize the top so that I now have steps, zone minutes, floors and heart rate which I am happy about but still do not like the new app design and still so upset they took away the step streak. It is so annoying to see the numbers climb when you open the app instead of steady number and I wish the rings would turn green when you complete them like they used to. 

Best Answer

Following. I am very disappointed that this feature is gone. It was a huge motivator for me too! I’m not close to two years but just hit 40 days. I hope they bring it back. 

Best Answer

The new app is boring .  I have been on a step streak for 4.5 years .  I’ll hit my 5 year mark on April 7th.  In the beginning when you hit your goal everyday it flashed lime green , then they changed it to little fireworks , now you get a freakin check mark .  I’m proud I do this everyday and they should be too and reward you with something !  What a disappointment Fitbit has become .  

Best Answer

Contact Customer Support.  Let them know.  If enough people communicate our view they may bring it back.  I just did the live chat.

Best Answer

I feel the pain!  I was at a 1129 day streak.  It pushed me to make sure I kept going.  Now it vanished!  We need the right to roll back a version!  Fitbit also went from 5 metrics on the home screen to only 4.  Truly disappointed.  Fitbit needs an immediate fix on this one!

Best Answer

I made it to day 500 on Wednesday and luckily took a screen shot.  I'm irritated that they updated the app without the streak banner for sure too!  I contacted customer support via the live chat and let them know I'm not happy that they didn't include the step streak in the update.  They advertise how they think it's so important to help their customers get and stay motivated and took away one of the simplest tools to do so! 

Contact customer support, voice your opinion.  The more of us that contact them maybe the sooner they reinstate the step streak.

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen to me. I even tried to reactivate my old account to get the data, and that doesn't work. I've called them 3 times so far. The latest comment from Fitbit is to wait 24 to 72 hours and then it might appear on your new account. 

Best Answer

Here's a nother thread about the new layout - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Moving/The-redesigned-Fitbit-app-is-rolling-out/m-p/5451357/thre... - see what others are saying about the streak!

Best Answer

I agree with all of the above. I am at 514 days now and have done the same walking around house to get the next consecutive day updated. This is a valuable asset to the device. After having fitbit firmware making my wife's charge 5 useless after only 18 months use and losing the step streak update, I am also looking at other products to monitor my steps. Either Garman SQ 2 or Applewatch 9.

Best Answer

My wife was on a 1069 step streak.  The step streak has been a significant motivator for her.  We will now be switching to Apple Watch as well.

Best Answer