Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak banner disappeared on new Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here we go, another app update, another set of missing information not tested.

I was over 1,111 days straight of getting my step total count.  Looked forward to my continued STREAK banner coming over the app saying way to go!! With number of straight days I maintained my goal. 

WHERE IS THIS with new app rollout (update happened yesterday on my phone)

IMG_5690.PNG

VOTE HERE TO GET THIS BACK

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-step-streak-on-new-Fitbit-app/idi-p/5454...

Has anyone seen the new streak banner come back?  If so please post a picture of it.  Thanks for all of the comments and support.  I'm really hoping it's coming back.   

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
343 REPLIES 343

Yup lost mine as I was approaching my goal of 1,000 straight days of 10,000 steps! Annoying!!

Best Answer

With the new iOS update , can I still see my 10,000 a day step streak? Or have they removed that?

Best Answer

I feel the same exact way. I am working on my goal of three years! I sure hope they rethink this and realize what a motivator being able to maintain your step streak is. 

Best Answer

This was the only reason I still use a Fitbit in addition to my Apple Watch. I hope they will bring it back. If you valued this feature, go through the app to contact technical support and make the request. This makes me disappointed in google, a company i used to like 😞

Best Answer

AGREE 100%!!!

Best Answer

I cannot agree more! I was on a 576 day step streak and it has been a daily motivator for me… it may seem small, but dang it!

Best Answer

Fitbit needs to bring step streak banner back!

Best Answer

625 day 10,000 step streak gone. This was a motivating goal every day. Thanks Fitbit for removing the streak banner. Really appreciate not having to walk those extra 1000 steps at night to reach my 10k goal.

Best Answer

I want to make sure all understand.  I find the consecutive day streak motivating. Not the new app 

Best Answer

I miss the battery level too!

Best Answer

I don’t appreciate them deciding for me which health metrics I should or should not be focusing on. They don’t know their customers well if they think we’re incapable of focusing on more than one health/fitness metric simultaneously. This is very disappointing. 

Best Answer

I've been a FitBit customer for years. Unfortunately, if they don't bring this back, I'm done. Can anyone recommend a watch that will do this? This new update is awful. I liked filling the circles in each day to make my health a priority and stay on top of it. Now there are only 4 circles instead of 5 with tiny check marks that I need glasses to read. This is crazy. Makes me think that none of the developers are users of the product and our opinion as customers doesn't matter.

Best Answer

I was also at the 1,111 day mark. Honestly, if this isn’t something Fitbit brings back, I’m done with Fitbit. I’ve been dealing with a firmware-induced Charge 5 battery issue for months that they have zero interest in resolving. Google doesn’t listen to its customers and has ruined the Fitbit brand. 

Best Answer
I hope they read these posts and change things back. The new app isn’t appealing to the eye and is missing too many features. I agree I may go to an Apple Watch.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm super disappointed about this change.  The "step streak" has been a HUGE motivator for me to get my 10k steps in every day -- even when I had COVID.

Best Answer

The new update is amateur! It looks like a video game from the 1980s. What frustrates me is I cannot access number of days of meeting my step goal. This information is very important to me!!! Return to previous version, PLEASE!!!!

Best Answer

The streak is the ONLY reason I have not switched to Apple Watch. I was on a 625 day streak and I was looking forward to see how far I could take it. If they do not bring this back, I will not be getting another Fitbit. I am so sad. 

Best Answer

6Jules,  

I am reading your battery issue on your charge 5.  When did this happen?  I had my Charge 5 go dark and then not hold a charge for more than an hour.  I still would make my daily step count to keep my STREAK going.   My fitbit was 17 months old.   I ended up buying a new one with a 35% off coupon they have me.

Now I'm wondering if they should have replaced it if a firmware was to blame.   ERRR I'm getting annoyed.

Best Answer

I feel exactly the same way 

Best Answer

Same here. I knew I would switch over to a Garmin watch but I wanted to see how high of a streak I could get. It looks like I am Garmin watch shopping now

Best Answer