Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

The process did not work for me.  I have an iPhone XR.   Seems like this happened to most everyone about 9 days ago!  This really, really stinks!  

Best Answer

Like many of you, my step streak number is incorrect.  It is August 25th and I have logged 10,000 steps every day since July 19th but the banner on the app congratulations me for a 28 day step streak.  I’ve looked in the forums and see standard posts from FitBit acknowledging the problem and claiming they are “working on it”. Any ideas from other users?  Or something more helpful from FitBit than a claim to be “working on it”. Yes, I can count myself but if you have it as a feature on the app, make it accurate.

Best Answer

That didn’t work for me, Lizzy. To answer your questions:

• What is the model and OS version of your phone? I have an iPhone XR running the latest iOS version 15.6.1
  • Did this happen after doing a specific action such as updating the Fitbit app or your phone? This happened right after my Versa 3 updated the firmware/software on the device itself. 
  • Did you have syncing issues when this happened? I haven’t had any issues syncing my Versa 3 to the Fitbit app. 
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for getting back with the requested information, and your efforts while working on this. Let me share this issue has been escalated to our team so they can further investigate.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated and sync your Fitbit devices as you've been doing so far so the rest of your details can remain updated.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and I'll update this thread as soon as I receive more details from our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, this is the second time I've had the step streak reset on me. I should be at 592 days in a row (I've never missed a day since I started my personal challenge.) First one happened earlier this year (Jan/Feb) breaking a 456 day run. Then, a few days ago breaking a 128 day run. I'm back to an 8 day step streak, even though going back through my daily steps on the app there are zero days below my daily goal. Clearly there is an issue as many of you have already said. Just adding my experience to the list for the developers.

Best Answer

I had over 720 days on my step streak when it reset to 4 days earlier this week. I was looking forward to a 2-year streak. Luckily I keep an EXCEL spreadsheet logging each days data. How hard can it be to simply recalculate and post the corrected number??

Best Answer

I have met step goal for 21 consecutive days but notification congratulated me on 7 days of goal met. It was accurate until a few days ago. I checked back to confirm number of days goal was met. It goes back to 8/9. Is there a way to correct? I like to see how many consecutive days I can meet the goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain. I have gone to asking Siri how many days since October 10, 2020 to get total number of days on my snap streak. Today it would’ve been 690 days. With the told me today was a 24 day step straight.

i’m dictating this on my iPhone so please forgive the spelling errors and I hope you can interpret the message. I hope this helps you more easily calculate number of days seeing that you know the day your step street started. I have stopped looking at the steps straight provided by Fitbit except to check and see if maybe they found a way to correct it without using an update. So far no luck

Best Answer

Yes, I can understand what you are saying.  I didn’t think about asking Siri what my step streak total was.  What do I ask her specifically to get an answer?  Since I started 1/1, I can also look on my calendar.   It was great motivation and now that’s gone!  I wish it could be restored, but I know it won’t be.  

----------

EXACTLY!   How hard can it be? 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Seems like doing the update is what made my goal streak go back to zero!  Why can’t our streaks be restored?  Or, we could enter them manually?

Best Answer
Siri can be very helpful. Just ask her hey Siri how many days since and then add your day. And don’t forget when you’re done to say hey Siri thank you I think she appreciates it when you say thank you. Or you can just say hey Siri knock knock
Best Answer

I have walked 10,000 steps a day, without missing a day, since December 2019. Later this week I will hit 1,000 consecutive days. The app ‘step streak’ has randomly reset several times throughout. While it once managed 600+ days, it’s now showing 8. I really wish I could suppress it even displaying, it’s so unmotivating. 

Best Answer

I depend in my fit it to track how many consecutive days I  met my step goal.  I was almost to a full year and it reset last week.  I looked back and have not missed a day. Is there any way to fix this?  I have a Charge2

Best Answer

Maybe ask Siri to fix the FitBit App.

Best Answer
I took your advice and asked for theory to fix Fitbit. Siri open Fitbit and apparently took a good look at it and was speechless. After waiting a while I got depressed knowing that Siri was unable to help. So I said hey Siri tell me a joke and that made me feel better. My step streak is now 792 days.
Best Answer

Yep!  I tried it too by asking Siri and it did not work.  I got the suggestion by another person on this thread!  🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes
Siri is amazing but not all knowing and certainly unable to fix the Fitbit app.

And to correct the record I accidentally overstated the number of days in my step streak it was not 792 but 692 days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

AGREED! Need a easy fix for this, I was at 829 day streak ☹️

I called and tried chat support… nothing they could do…

Best Answer

Same !! 😡I was on Day 420! It came back as Day 4!😡

Best Answer

Step count resets on my wife’s versa 2 and my versa 3 to 4 day step streak 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I wanted to let you know that I've moved some of your posts to this thread. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand how you're feeling about not having your step streak correctly tracked and I apologize for this experience. Our team is aware of this situation and they're working to get it resolved.

Currently we don't have a time frame for the fix, please be sure to keep the Fitbit app updated and your Fitbit device syncing as you've been doing. I'll update this thread as soon as I receive more details from our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes