Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

This just happened to me.  I was traveling overseas & hit my 10,000 step goal before I got on my flight.  I synced my Fitbit with my phone.  I landed in Chicago & added another 5,000 steps for the days before midnight.  Two days later, Fitbit reset my step streak.   Looked back over the prior week & every day is over 10,000 steps.  Glad to hear from all of you that they are working so hard on fixing this really complex software issue!

Best Answer

Steve I’m sorry this happened to you and so many of us. My FitBit app tells me I have a 65 day step streak, yet I have met my step goal everyday since mid-July of 2022. It is clear that the company wants to sell devices and once you buy one, you can forget about customer service.  So disappointing. There is no way I’ll give them more money. 

Best Answer

Grrr. I had a 218 day step streak going and it reset even though I didn’t miss any days. The only reason I was sticking with Fitbit was to keep that streak going as long as possible. Disappointing that this issue has existed for so long with no progress.

Best Answer
Don’t assume this is because they don’t know how to fix it. I am convinced they do not want to fix it. I also bet if we all subscribed to “Premium” it would not happen. Everything is about the money and getting the subscription fees now is viewed more important that keeping customers.

I was over 900 days when it reset a couple of months ago. Since then at least 4 more resets. In 10 days, my streak will be 3years!

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

I'm not sure that being premium helps. I was premium when I lost my 600+ step streak. I was in the process of trying out a Garmin watch, wearing one watch on each arm until I had enough steps to get 2 years streak. When my streak was reset, I abandoned Fitbit and changed over to Garmin (as well as canceled my premium Fitbit subscription).

Best Answer
The new Fitbit app will be release in a few months.
https://blog.google/products/fitbit/introducing-the-all-new-fitbit-app/

I do not think it includes a step steak so that will fix the problem.
Best Answer
There is no “step streak” feature in the old app. It is part of the recognition feature. They decided to start sending it, but probably use that as the excuse not to fix it - “why do you complain? You were paying for it.” They really don’t care about the users - just about the money they can get them to pay.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
Mine actually reset while I was a Premium member !!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
That makes me feel a bit better - but not much. I’ll assume they didn’t correct it even for a premium subscriber- right?

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
Nope!!! I am not a premium member anymore either

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I am still a premium member and my streak resets at least twice a month.
Best Answer
0 Votes

830 days and it just reset 

not happy at all 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone I feel your pain. Today the step streak counter stated I had 333 days of meeting my goal. The actual number is 1043 days. I was lucky enough to be able to identify the start of my step streak. On a regular basis, I ask Siri how long since October 10, 2020 and she responds with the correct number of days in my step streak. I also have figured out that I can just add 710 days to my step streak to get the total number of actual days. Using the start date as a way to calculate step streak is probably the best way, because you never know when your step streak will reset again. I should’ve said congratulations on such a great step streak at the beginning of this message and I hope that this does not keep you from continuing. I know each time I steps Greek was reset I just wanted to sit down and stop but I am not going to let the Fitbit/Google developers get me down and I will continue to do what is best for me no matter how frustrating.
Best Answer

Anyone able to get Fitbit to help with fixing the Step Streak reset that wasn't caused by not completing your daily steps?  I should be on "Way to Go! You're on a 199 day step streak" but instead it says 7 days. I tried both the chat and a phone call and they were unable to understand the issue, the steps are recording, the app shows I met my goal but the banner with the streak is incorrect.   I understand it is just a virtual carrot however it motivates me to walk more when I really don't feel like it some days. 

IMG_2773.png

Best Answer

Not sure if the team has made any progress. I had a 600-day-streak get reset, and now a 200-day. 
This is incredibly annoying and, for the first time ever, I’m starting to look at Apple watches. 
it should not be that hard to recompute the step-streak - FitBit has all the data. But evidently there’s not much interest in doing this. 

Best Answer

I just lost my 150 day streak of 12,000 steps a day.  My Fitbit now reads 4 days 😞  from reading this thread, it seems that the only solution is to purchase another brand!!!

Best Answer
The most recent iOS update, 3.90 did not correct. The total number of days in my step Street. This morning did read my snap streak as 352 days. The actual length of my step streak is 1062 days. Luckily when my step streak first reset I was able to determine the start date and since then have periodically asked Siri how many days since October 10, 2020. Hopefully you will be able to calculate out the original start date for your step. You can ask Siri what was the date XXX days ago and Siri should give you your start date if you have that number. I did add that date to my calendar so I will not have to rely on my memory. I have dictated this on my iPhone and hope you will be able to understand my ramblings.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have had over 10,000 steps for over 650 days in a row and each day when I reached 10,000 steps Fitbit congratulated me and acknowledged the streak.  Three days ago my Fitbit was failing to hold a charge so I switched to an Inspire 2 device, but continued my streak.  However no mention of my daily step count (and its streak) has continued to appear, even though you can see I've continued the 10,000 steps a day (plus) streak.

Best Answer

I should have over a 5 year streak and Fitbit does not care.  This is a know issue which a resolution has never been given.  Once Apple Watch improves their battery life, I am never using FitBit again.  Extremely frustrating and really unacceptable.

Best Answer

I have been dealing with the same issue for over a month now, and it’s been an absolute pain.

Fitbit not only reset my step streak (I should be at about 850+ days), they also took away 4k steps on one week in August. My goal for summer was 200k steps in a week (7 days). So it really drives me crazy that I hit 200k most weeks, but suddenly they took steps away AND reset my step streak!

I have been in contact with ONE customer service rep over the last few weeks - she keeps giving me generic answers and says my concerns have been submitted to the team. 🙄😑. I've asked her several times to put in a request to manually override/fix the streak and step count, as I provided screenshots to them.

Buuuut, they don’t care at all. I even bought a new fitbit but it did NOT resolve any issues. Instead it moved me over to Google, and now I can’t even see my friends stats since they have not moved over to Google yet. Ugh.

My step streak kept me motivated, but seeing a low daily streak + entering the gloomy time of the year has been unmotivating. 

Since GOOGLE removed Challenges from FitBit, amongst all these other issues they refuse to fix, I am seriously considering moving to another device. There is NOTHING on Google’s FitBit that makes me happy or excited anymore. 

Also, anyone notice their step count drop after Google took over in Spring? I could get 10k steps in 70ish minutes of power walking outside, but now the same exact power walk takes me 85 to 90 minutes.

Best Answer