Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted, as well as your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. As mentioned before, this issue has been reported to our team and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, please know they're working to get this resolved.

I apologize for this experience and appreciate your feedback. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

This has happened to me countless times now.  Today 4 days popped up again (was at  109 Friday… and that was an error restart from around 80 days).  
I’m losing motivation on those tired nights after long days and knowing my step streak will reset randomly makes it easier to not get those steps in.

how long will this happen before Fitbit actually fixes the issue?

Best Answer

I was at 401 days and it popped to 4 days. Yep!  I'm not happy!

Best Answer

I was on a 335 step streak and then it reset without any action on my part and now I only have 5 days. How can I recover my step streak? 

Best Answer

At about 65 days my step streak reset to day 4. Is there a way to get this switched? Is it something I have set up? 

Best Answer

Hi there, did you get an answer on this? Same thing happened to me and I’m devastated because it keeps me going every day

Best Answer

I had a 91 Day Step Streak and just went on my app and it says I’m on a 10 day step streak went back looked at all my steps to see if I missed a day, I have not missed a day since May, it’s really disappointing because it is giving me so much motivation to keep up my step streak and to make sure I hit atleast 10,000 steps even on my laziest days. This needs to be fixed it is incredibly unfair. I recently had an update on my versa three I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.

Best Answer

My Fitbit just reset my streak - I was on day 298!  What happened and can I get it to go back?  REALLY not happy!!!!

Best Answer

I was on 225 days in a row step streak. Now it disappeared and reset to zero. Then after a few days it did it again. Is this app part broken? I should be on about 240 days in a row by now. Can it be fixed? I have done my 10k steps for 240 days plus.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

the same here at 225 streak

Best Answer

Same here at 169 day streak; now 4 day streak! 

Best Answer

The same thing happened to me. I was over 670 days when the step streak reset. I called Fitbit Customer Service and explain the situation. I was told that it probably had something to do with the most recent update and that I would have to live with the change. How to

this is the standard answer I get whenever a feature is removed from the Fitbit app. Experian says that you will never be able to get the step streak corrected to reflect the actual numberg

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me! I had close to 100 day streak going and then it reset. Now it shows I have a 13 day streak, but i recently installed an update on my Versa 3, 13 days ago… hmmm… 

I’m sure it has something to do with the update. All of my past history is there, showing all my steps, but the notification of my streak was reset right after the update. Would be nice to get this fixed because it was great motivation for me too!

Best Answer

Same here!  The same thing happened to me.  I’ve had a goal streak since 1/1/2022 and all of a sudden, it reset itself to just 4 days!  I’m so upset!  

Best Answer

How do we restore our goal streak?  I am so upset!   This was so important to me to attain and now it is gone!  

Best Answer

Mine is missing as well I was at 335 days

Best Answer

seems to be lots of this going around right now. haven't heard much from fitbit and I wasn't able to contact fitbit directly

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Because this issue seems to be related to the iOS app and not a specific device, I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for every step tried prior to posting. I understand how important your step streak is for you and I apologize for this experience. In case you haven't done so, let me recommend the following:

1. Log out from your account.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  4. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Wait a few minutes and check your details one more time.

If by any chance the issue persists, please provide me with the following so I can further investigate on my end?

• What is the model and OS version of your phone?
  • Did this happen after doing a specific action such as updating the Fitbit app or your phone?
  • Did you have syncing issues when this happened?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, this process did not work for me.  I am on the iPhone Xs and I'm on the latest software  version 15.6.1.

Best Answer

That totally stinks!   I hate it too.  It was great motivation.  Now, I’m to the “I don’t care” mood. 

Best Answer