Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

I have achieved my step goal every day since 11/8/2020 and this was reflected in my “Step Streak” banner. That is till 15 x days ago when it suddenly reset to 0 even though I continued to achieve my target, (This can be seen in my step history).

I contacted support and was told it was being escalated and I would hear back within 72 hours.  I didn’t so contacted them again.  Was told complex issues tend to take longer.

I spent a number of years in software development and don’t think it is complex.  A simple correct to the value and ensure the logic calculating the step streak is correct. e.g. “If stepgoal achieved, Then, Stepstreak = Stepstreak +1, Else, Stepstreak=0”.

Best Answer

I have been busy walking today and met my daily step goal. Fitbit notified me that I have a 34 day snap streak. However, I am celebrating the fact that today my step streak hit 700 a number which seems unbelievable to me.

my next goal is 1000 days

Best Answer

Happened to me at over 630 days. So much for the upgrade I had planned; might as well switch to a different tracker. So long, Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I had a step streak about to hit 600!!  IT IS ALL GONE!!

Best Answer

700 plus for me and it keeps resetting

Same issue, been on a streak since 9/2020 and now it’s not acknowledging the goals

Best Answer

Step daysStep streak is 706 days on Fitbit tells me it’s 40. There are multiple threads throughout the community about the Sitio which seems to have happened again in recent updates. On some of the threads moderators have stated that the software developers are working to fix the issue and are trying to figure out a way to make the fix retroactive so that we will get credit for all of the days and nights   Based on what I’ve seen in other threads there is not a lot of optimism. We can only hope that our voices are heard and that it will respond with a proper fix or make sure that this and other problems like sleep time  let’s daughter how are addressed in a timely manner

I am dictating this on my iPhone so good luck and interpreting up

Best Answer

I had the same problem. My 740 plus step streak was ended by the app. On Sep 10 I had over 13,000 steps(my goal is 11,000) a day. When I do a look back my green circle did not fill in for some reason so I lost my streak. I also was told my issue would be escalated. It has been 5 days. I just want the problem fixed and my streak back. If they look at my history they can verify. Super irritating and frustrating!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details provided. I understand where you're coming from and I apologize for this experience. Our team is aware of this situation and they're working to identify a resolution to all our affected members.

Your feedback is appreciated and while there isn't a time frame, we'll update this thread as soon as we have more details to share.

Best Answer

Same issue here…was at 383 straight days and now at 4….Whoopie!!

Have an iPhone 13 Pro and did the update earlier in the week to 15.7…but no issues after doing that! 

Real bummer!!

To confirm…there were no issues with Fitbit after the Apple update to iOS15.7 several days ago…and finally the issue arose today resetting to the dreaded 4 days!!

Best Answer

I've run into the same problem - I was close to 180 when it dropped suddenly to 4. I've followed these directions, however the step streak only appears in the morning as a popup, there's no way to recover that that I'm aware of.  If there is, please let me know, otherwise I'll report back in the morning.

I think the problem occurred when I reset the time zone due to travel.  I switched it from EDT to PDT. It was right around then that it dropped to 4.  If I'd known it only worked in one time zone, I wouldn't have changed it.  I'm on an iphone SE 15.6.1.  I've had no other syncing issues.

Best Answer

I can tell you it is NOT the time zone change.  I’m a full time RVer and go through numerous time zones and the goal streak reset happened a lot in the past couple months.  I don’t know what happened but it wasn’t the time zone.  I’m at 260 days and it had reset 3 times now.  I finally downloaded a Daily Counter in the App Store. . So much for my Fitbit counter!  Ugggg! 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone The problem is not with your changing of time zones on your iPhone. The problem relates back to a Fitbit update and has been frustrating to many members of the Fitbit community. Fitbit moderators are taking all of the different comments strings and combining them for ease of reference for the developers so that they can understand what is happening.

Fitbit moderators have been looking at this issue in hopes of resolving it to the satisfaction of the community. I have over 700 steps days accumulated and my current total is somewhere around 40 to 46 according to Fitbit. I don’t look at my current step streak because I find itFrustrating and because it does not motivate me the way that the old numbers did. Periodically I ask Siri hey Siri how many days since October 10, 2020 so that I know how many days I have in my step streak. After I get my snap streak number I always say thank you Siri and then Siri joke. It helps but does not remove the frustration.
Best Answer

Just returning to say that the fix listed above did not work for me.

Best Answer

I had over a 630 day step streak and it reset to now 5 days and I have not missed a day. This is very frustrating. the only thing I did recently was update to the new IOS 16 for Apple iPhone as well as keeping my fitbit app up to date.  Please advise when this will be resolved.  

Best Answer
There have been multiple issues related to recent updates of the Fitbit application. Among them is the resetting of the step streak. Mine was reset some 43 days ago and it should read 709 day steps great. If an announcement is made at the steps creek resolved I would recommend that you wait before up dating the application. Hopefully they will have already addressed the other issues like sleep time, battery discharging, and the display on the Fitbit itself. I’m sure I have missed other issues related to the recent. I would recommend that you monitor comments in the community related to your specific devices and the iOS application to make sure that new issues have not occurred and that the known issues have been addressed. I would hope that they would include such information when they described the update in the App Store so that you will know what to expect before updating your Fitbit app and firmware.

I am a blind user using voice over the screen reader and I have dictated this response I hope you were able to understand and take into consideration grammatical errors.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same here. Fitbit has known this for over a year and done nothing to fix it. I’m done with Fitbit. Won’t buy another one. This is deceptive at best.

Best Answer

Liz you — FitBit has known about this for over a year and it is only now getting escalated? This is why I bought my FitBit. Shame on your company for doing nothing about this.

I’m done, too. This is infuriating.

Best Answer

Had posted in another thread that is now closed--my streak should be 543 days (going back to March 25, 2021).  Reset about 50 days ago (whenever there was a software update for my versa).  Reset again 10 days ago.  I've seen where a lot of individuals who did reach out to Fitbit were told there is nothing they can do, so why bother?  I will be checking out a Garmin for my next device unless this gets fixed--streaks are 80% of my motivation.

On a iPhone 12 Pro Max running 15.6.1.  The suggestion on page 1 did nothing.

Best Answer

My saga began about a year ago.  Reset a 635 day streak.  Reset again in July after a watch os upgrade.  In Late August it began resetting every 7-10 days (always back to 4).  Now it no longer gives me the step streak popup AT ALL.  

Best Answer
I was optimistic when I heard about Google‘s purchase a Fitbit. I thought with Google software development expertise and the expertise of Fitbit the product would be much improved in quality and accuracy.

Googles acquisition of Fitbit has done nothing to improve the product and my observation is that the product in need of a strong hand envision to bring it to the next level or at least back to what it was before google purchased Fitbit.

Alphabet/google please intercede on our behalf to correct the problems that Fitbit has created and bring us a product we can be proud to wear and proud to recommend to people who are interested in fitness tracking devices.
Best Answer