Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319
Same. Back to 4. Ridiculous.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to the new members.

Thanks for your continued reports, and feedback about this situation. As mentioned before, our team is aware of this situation and they're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

I understand how frustrating this has been for you, and apologize for this experience. Every feedback posted in the forums is always appreciated as it helps us to keep improving, and yours isn't the exception. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more details to share.

Best Answer

I opened a ticket on this issue last week.  Very frustrated with support.  They've known this is an ongoing issue yet had me try the typical steps of log off/log on, reinstall the app and then the ultimate of "we are aware of the issue and it will be resolved in the next app update. How many app updates have happened since users started reporting this issue?

My guess, the bug is not in the app. Most likely, there is code that writes to the database basically saying "if step count > 10,000, then add 1 count to a field, else if step count < 10,000, reset count to 0. They could probably easily fix those that are broken by manually updating the field to the proper count. That's really only a temporary fix until it breaks again, but at least it's a fix.

I was all excited to be just a little over 30 days away from 365 days. Thanks for crushing my goal and enthusiasm.

Best Answer
It is an overpriced pedometer. Done with Fitbit. Shame on them for knowing about this and covering it up. I will write to every fitness publication that recommends the Fitbit.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

@mfergel I couldn't have said it better myself "Thanks for crushing my goal and enthusiasm."

Best Answer

Yes - 4 seems the common number.  Wish they could do Iike garmon and just let us enter the day - the count is for us not them.

Wondering if a snail mail letter to corporate might be beneficial - 

Me too and I’ve had several charges. Some before the charge I can’t remember and 2 senses - but I want streak counts like I get with my meditation app and use to have with Fitbit.

I have had Fit Bit since twenty thirteen. I started with the Force, then several versions of the Charges and am on my 2nd Sense - and as much as I like the bells and whistles on the new Sense, it will not be my next tracker.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well this way certainly isn’t working.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

I just read an article from the android advisor stating that starting in 2023 Fitbit accounts will be moved to the Google platform. if I was a cynical person I would say the Fitbit is just patching their application software until it can be migrated over to Google. If that is the case I would think that in 2023 A new version of the Fitbit application software would be available and hopefully with new features and improved accuracy.

I hope that the new application software if it does come about will be friendlier to those who are blind and reading disabled. And I hope that the new software will address other issues for those who are physically and hearing challenged.

------------

Today my step streak reset to four days. Approximately 40 days ago my step streak reset to four days. My actual step streak is 714 days!!!!!

Will I have to wait until Fitbit accounts are moved to the Google platform before this problem is resolved I would appreciate an answer from somebody. Google android advisor says we will be migrating to the Google platform in 2023.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Forget it. They’ve known for a year and haven’t fixed it. I’ll never buy a FitBit again.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

I’ve tried all your recommended steps and it’s all for not! I was at 639days when it reset, and then yesterday morning it popped up as 4day streak. This needs to be fixed. I should be at 641days!

Best Answer
They aren’t going to fix it. The fact that enough of us have the issue and they’ve done nothing is proof of that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

A sad but true reality. I was celebrating each milestone, and my current goal was 1000

Best Answer

Totally agree with your quick fix resolution.  A simple database value correction and as you show, the coding is pretty basic.

Best Answer

I was reset to 4 again today, this is the third time since this started that i was reset to 4. Can't wait to get my replacement so i can stop using a fitbit

Best Answer

This worked for me.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked? I just sent a letter to corporate to complain. I would have bought the new sense but will use the one I have till it dies and get something else.

Best Answer

The fix LizzyFitbit posted on 8/22.  I lost my 560 day streak and got it back by:

• Log out from your account.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  • Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  • Wait a few minutes and check your details one more time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me!   I’m keeping another place to track.  Fitbit did not help.  Stinks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
After reading “it worked for me“ I looked to see what the prior posting was. Based on the prior posting it appears that the solution is wait until you get the replacement Fitbit that has been promised and then switch to another tracker.

My interpretation may be incorrect however it appeared to be the best interpretation I could come up with.

West Warwick high spoke with a member of the Google disability supporting and addressed some issues specific to blind users. As part of that conversation I also mentioned the problems with step streak, sleep scores and zone minutes. I recommended that they look at the comments in the community to see all of the issues that are being discussed in the community.

Based on my conversation I am optimistic that now that Google has attached its name permanently to fit that they will work to solve the issue was brought up in the inBased on my conversation I am optimistic that now that Google has attached its name permanently to fit that they will work to solve the issues brought up in the community. And provide better and more comprehensive support to team members. I believe that the transition that is taking place can only improve the Fitbit user experience.
Best Answer
Same. That fix didn’t work for me (and I had also reinstalled the app). I’m glad it worked for you but like I said, pretty sure this is a core issue that is writing a count to a database and the count is getting messed up from something and the only fix is to run a query and then update that field. Based on reports from other users, it may stick or it may just revert again to four days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes