Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

I have a Versa 3 and a Sense1. I prefer to wear the Versa for everyday and the Sense for more dressy occasions. I love them both so I like to use them both, but every time I switch, my step streaks reset to 2 or 4 days. I currently have a step streak going back to June 19 per the data in the app. So why can’t the step streak banner pull from the app instead of the tracker?

I know it’s a little thing but a good motivator to keep the step streak going.

Thank you.

Best Answer

There are lots of messages in the forum regarding this. I haven’t missed a day of reaching my goal since November 7 2020.  My step streak has reset multiple times and again today. I’m showing 4 days!
As Fitbit obviously cannot support this function, they should remove it to avoid all the user frustration.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone I feel the same frustration every time the step streak banner appears. In the past I have suggested that a step streak tile be created. The tile could show the current step streak and when clicked upon could show a graph with daily step in formation identifying breaks in step streaks and other landmark occurrences in our completions.

Why is our step streak day total only available once as a banner and not available whenever we wish to see it. When I first started walking I would have loved have a tool available to me at my convenience. I made this as a feature suggestion months ago and did not receive any votes. I believe a step Street tile with data available upon clicking would require a true commitment to the step streak that a banner does not require.

Has decided that the step streak is not a useful tool to promote community fit that they should let us know and what the alternative to the step streak should be and when they will be implementing such a change. As of right now I find a snap streak useful and a motivational tool that has motivated me to be a healthier and more productive person.

I have dictated this on my iPhone so forgive the spelling and continuity errors. I am a blind user who has benefited from the Fitbit tracker
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted, as well as your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. As mentioned before, this issue has been reported to our team and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, please know they're working to get this resolved.

I apologize for this experience and appreciate your feedback. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

Best Answer

This just happened to me, 700+ day step streak broken and I was >10k steps for the day it reset.  I was trying to get to 730 (2 years straight), very very frustrating.

Best Answer
We have heard this exact same “Your call is very important to us, please continue to hold…” for months, with the problem first appearing almost two years ago. You owe us an intelligent answer that at least indicates that something is happening behind the scenes. You are losing customers on a daily basis.
Best Answer

Lizzy—report to your team that this issue cost you two customers—‘my versa kicked the bucket a couple of weeks ago and Target had a sale on Garmin. I won’t be back.

My daughter wants a tracker as well, and one guess as to what she’s not getting?

This isn’t a difficult issue to fix—you all just don’t have any intention of fixing it. 

Best Answer

While looking online, we just purchased 2 Garmins for family members. I could not spend another penny on a fitbit. No confidence in them any longer.

Best Answer

Labugga—I’ll bet they have lost a lot more than two customers.  When mine breaks, I will not replace it with a Fitbit because their customer service is atrocious.  Good luck to you and your daughter!  Stay healthy and active

Best Answer
To whom it may concern:
Can I please have the contact information to your company president?

Thank you!
Sincerely,
Stephanie Boylan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I guarantee it’s more than 2. I loved my versa before this, happily fulfilled my hourly move targets, walked laps around my house to get those last few hundred steps some days. This issue took all the fun out of it.  The Garmin Venu offered a ton more features (for no added cost) and now that I’m used to it, I’m not looking back! Just finished a run for my (free!) coaching plan and am back to enjoying ticking off all my boxes.

I was traveling for work when mine died and I stopped by the target near my hotel just to see what options were out there. My brother loves his so I took the plunge, too.

Best Answer

Same happened at over 700, real bummer

Best Answer

I was well on my way to a 2 year step streak, well over 600 days. Today, I was checking my fitbit while participating in a 5K and it said i was on a 9 day streak.  What TH happened to my other days. I havent missed a single day in almost 2 years.  

Best Answer

Me too, but I feel sad leaving fit bit, however the streak counting was important to me and the lack of action and care about it - well Apple Watch is now on my wrist.

Best Answer

Today I am celebrating a steppe streak of 800 consecutive days. Fitbit, after two step streak resets congratulated me on 90 days of consecutively meeting my step goal.

I am a blind user using an iPhone SEGEN3 5G and it has corrected the problems. I have been having with screen, freezing, and tiles flipping. I was using an iPhone 7 LTE. The upgrade of my phone however caused a change in the iOS app that removed the numbers from heart rate. I am hoping my conversation with Google Disability Support this morning may be fruitful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I can’t help you, but I’ve heard people talking about this and I don’t even know where you are finding a streak counter. I guess that’s something I don’t have. I’ve been with Fitbit for over 10 years and I’ve never seen a counter. I have an iPhone. Just wondering where it is! Your phone or watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure only on day 3 - I downloaded an app called streaks and I edited it going back and checking every day off from when I started my streak on fit bit. Every day I press the button after I reach 10k - added lots of other tho gs to track - worth the $5 and time to set up. 

Best Answer
It is on the app on my I phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I have just started tracking my steps on an excel spreadsheet and updating in google docs. I am at 650 and no longer look at streaks on Fitbit. Cannot believe a billion dollar organization cannot figure out something as simple as this. May be switching to the Apple Watch soon

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation. Let me share this issue has been escalated to our team and they're working on a solution. I understand where you're coming from about this feature not working correctly and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

By the way, let me clarify that my previous post was marked as the Best Answer, not because the issue is resolved, but to let other members know we're looking into this. Once again, I appreciate your feedback and I'll keep you posted as soon as I have more details to share.

Best Answer
0 Votes