Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

Mine has reset once again. There is no rhyme or reason to it...I sync every day. Successfully. I've tried Garmin, but didn't like it at all. I guess the next step is to start saving for an Apple Watch. I don't want to spend that kind of money, but perhaps they will provide everything they offer. That would be a nice change.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone this is a plea to the Fitbit community moderators in the Fitbit community council members.

When can the Fitbit community expect an answer or some guidance related to the step streak problems that have been communicated for months if not years. Will the step streak continue resetting as it is? When the fix is done will all of the steps street data we have accumulated be available to us in one form or another.

Fitbit customer care and Google Disability Support have been of no assistance to me. I am hoping that you may be able to do more.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a 500 day streak reset on 7 September 2022 and support said I did not sync. I have a screen shot of 20000 steps that day. I want my step streak reset to my number. I contacted support and keep getting pushed aside. They can do this and their needs to be a way to put our streaks back together

Best Answer

The step streak reset has been happening to many community members and multiple times. My step streak should read 764 but has been reset twice. It appears to be beyond the capability of the Fitbit software developers working with Google software developers to resolve this issue. People in the community have mentioned this has been going on for years. this thread will probably be aggregated with others. If that moderators and council numbers have been unable to tell us when and if the fix will be retroactive or just from the last time it was reset. Sorry this is the best answer youg

Best Answer

607 day streak reset once again. Now back to 4 days for the third or fourth time.

it’s laughable at this point.

Best Answer

I had a 578 step streak as of 11/17/2022 and then updated my iPhone to IOS 16.1.1.  It was then showing I have a 7 day step streak, after I synced it, now it’s not showing anything. 😡. I want my step steak back!!!! This is a MAJOR problem for users. 

Best Answer

I finally bought the STREAKS app and made a 10,000 step goal then went in and entered a check for every day I did it by  looking at my fitbit stats and finding the date of the first star after a missed day. Fit Bit has me at 13 days and my streak is 300 - I at least can keep a motivating count.  I almost didn't walk the 10,000 one day recently because why does it matter, but it does matter.  There has to be a bug that resets it so often to 4 days, I am expecting that to happen at some point again.  Maybe a programmer did this on purpose.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone my step streak has been reset twice and it is extremely frustrating. I was optimistic when Google started taking an active interest in Fitbit. I am not optimistic that the step streak will ever be fixed. Fitbit Customer Service just tells you to delete the app and reinstall it to no avail. The app version I am using is the most current for the Fitbit charge for using iOS version 3.71.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an 800 day streak and for some reason it reset 😡 

I tried what you suggested and all that did was to reset the count again. 
I have iPhone 12 promax and am on iOS 16.1.1

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your pain. My step streak has been reset twice and it is extremely frustrating. I am willing to bet that Google and Fitbit software developers do not use the Fitbit devices and therefore are not as frustrated as we are and do not see any urgency to fix the issues that community members have brought up. Experience has told

Sent from my iPhone based on the times that I have asked Fitbit Customer Service and Google Disability Support representatives that they do not use the Fitbit devices and when asked if they use devices that operate on iOS the answer is no. If the people responseg i’m not using the devices how can we expect them to be able to help us.????

Please forgive the spelling and continuity errors I have dictated this on my iPhone.
Best Answer

I've also been impacted by this bug. Had well over a year's worth of continuous > 10000 steps only to find it reset with no reason. Data in the app shows the goal was met.

I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed.

Best Answer
This is my problem! Very frustrating and make we reconsider my Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Some people may not be aware, but you can download your data from the fitbit website, both as monthly CSV (comma separated value) files that can be imported into Microsoft Excel, and as a raw archival dump of all your history since joining. I wrote a small "Go" program that reads these files and accurately tells me my current step streak. It took about two and a half hours of my weekend time, but now I know my true number is 547, not the 23 reported by the watch.

Folks should download their archive, and should routinely download their monthlies too. It's your data, it's your life, it's your ten thousand plus steps a day, you ought to at least own a copy of it.

Best Answer

Now it is even worse.  Somehow the inaccurate stars and numbers are now gone from my app on my phone and my ipad.  And the FitBit people or their robot asked me to complete a survey. So I did. 1 star because 0 stars were not an option.  FIX IT

Best Answer
0 Votes
@LizzyFitbit. It’s been over 1 year and no one has looked at this. I say
that because I don’t know of any kind of computer problem that could take
this long to fix. It’s a simple calculation how many days in a row have I
hit my current step goal. Any updates.

Thanks
Best Answer
Sorry. They just don’t care. I quit. Did my 365 days. Would have been nice to get my step streak notification but it just doesn’t matter now. Thanks for nothing Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Where’s the feature? I had 285 days and now it’s 20. As workers  you yo-yos  should have solutions to these problems with the money you make off us 

Best Answer

I think I accidently hit the thumbs down icon, now it is gone for good.  How do I get it back.  I have log out and restarted phone and also rebooted watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a 648 day step streak.  For no reason, it reverted to zero.  I got to 14 and it again went to zero.  So I called Fitbit support.  The first time I waited 20+ minutes and hung up.  Later, I waited 15 minutes before someone answered saying Fitbit was having issues and that I needed to call yet again.  So I called the next day.

The rep didn’t know what a step streak was and so eventually contacted someone who did.  Then she put me on hold again while I assume she got the script.  We spent 

a long time together while she had me reset everything while I kept saying:  so are you sure you are going to be able to reset my step streak?  To which she replied:  yes.

long story short:  she had no intention of resetting it.  She ended by giving me a case number and said that if I had the problem again to call.  So….my next “firbit” will be an Apple Watch!,!

Best Answer

I’m so bummed about this. Mine did it 10 days ago. I had 700 days 😞

Best Answer