Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

Trishforr - You are smart! I have given up on fitbit addressing the issue. I think this shows a lack of commitment to those of us using iPhones. I keep my own Step Streak in an iPhone Note. I'm more accurate 🙂

Best Answer
I gave up about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, my entire family is on Fitbit.
That's the only reason I haven't bailed. I can't stand it much longer,
though.
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem 

also is there a way to show exercise streak? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a very frustrating issue and seems like it would be very easy to solve. For me, and clearly lots of others, this is a highly motivating feature.

Fitbit could do so much more if they leaned into the gamification of exercise. People are begging for this and they can’t spend the small energy to fix it.

Unless they get this straightened out, my next tracker will not be a Fitbit.

Best Answer

I would love to see the step streak be a true streak, and not reset when the year does.

Moderator Edit: Label

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was about to log 800 days in a row of 10K steps or more - and then my Charge 4 rolled back to 8 days. I'm now celebrating a 22-day step streak. The days are still recorded; the step streak number of days on my iPhone app is just wrong. Can I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost my step streak and see this has been an issue for others over the past few years and it still isn’t fixed.  I should be hitting my 365 day on February 10, 2023 and it has reset to  9 day step streak!  I am so annoyed!  Time for the Apple Watch!

Best Answer

I’m another unhappy costumer. My Fitbit reset my streak as well. Fitbit is all about motivation, and this problem is extremely demotivating. At the very least there should be a “streak repair” function. It certainly seems to be a recurring problem. 

Best Answer

My streak just reset AGAIN 5 days ago!  Instead of responding here and letting us know ANY updates, you have more frustrated customers. This is now the FOURTH time mine has reset.  BOUGHT MY APPLE WATCH!  I'm done! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Lizzy Fitbit:

Since my last tread was marked answered and it was not, I am starting a new one. 

So just to let you know that I have had 2 resets in 5 weeks. Neither reset to zero. Clearly you report that this is being worked on, but you still have not provided any of the requested information. What is an expected timeframe for this to be resolved? What are contacts for actual people at the corporate level?

You, Lizzy Fitbit, are the only contact we seem to have with the company and frankly it is not enough. Can you please respond to our prior requests. I too am on the verge of leaving Fitbit if we don’t seem to get more of a response in a reasonable time.

Please provide your customers information as we clearly are not happy.

Thanks,
Slboylan

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spoke with them on Twitter and here is their response.

"That's great. I'm relieved to hear that your access has been restored. Our team will take note of your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience; our team is still working on a fix for the step streak issue and hopes to have a permanent fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience and understanding."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having more people post when their consecutive day counter resets to zero doesn't seem to be getting any traction.  How about everyone try to note exactly what they may have done or what they can remember what was happening when their counter was reset.  I am now at 38 days so there does not seem to be a direct correlation to month or year change. If we help them identify when the reset occurred may get us closer to a resolution.

Some of the things I have tried:

- Closed the app and restarted my phone.  No reset.

- Restarted my phone with the app open.  No reset.

- Having a day of low step count between days of high step count (11,000 between 15,000 and 19,000 steps). No Reset.

- Close the app and shut down phone when in low power mode. No reset.

Best Answer

We are all frustrated by the lack of response from Fitbit. This has been going on for more than a few years. Google has promised updates, and when they are given, they are not helpful. It is impossible to speak directly with someone who can correct the problems. as a person with a disability, I have stopped going to Fitbit customer care and I’m now going directly to google Disability Support. Many of us have made suggestions as to how to correct the problem or the situation that might have caused the step street to reset. I have suggested a step street tile , which would show the number of days in a step Street. Clicking on the tile could bring other useful information to help set goals and measure actual achievement. Such things as a minimum daily goal an actual daily goal and possibly even a high target goal. It could show brakes and step streak and the step streak information would be available any time of day not just once a day as it is now available . 

Best Answer

You are a nice and a helpful person. Maybe someone at FitBit will notice and do something but I seriously doubt it.  They have lots of users expressing frustration about a problem that would be within reach if they applied some effort.  

I note how many people have given up on FitBit and switched to an Apple Watch.  

I’m not as nice so here are some of the things to try:

Buy an Apple watch

Tell your friends not to buy FitBit

Post honest reviews about FitBit customer service and app support. 

I personally will never buy another FitBit product. They get zero more dollars from me. 

Best Answer

Yesterday I updated my iPhone with version 3.74. This morning when I started my walk, I accidentally bumped a door jam, and the Fitbit case where the strap attaches broke. I remove the strap from the other side and tucked it in my sock and continued walking. After completing my step Street goal for the day I checked to see if the update had corrected the steps creek consecutive day count problem. The answer is no exclamation exclamation exclamation. The number I received was 127 consecutive days when the actual number should be 837 consecutive days.  I do have to say that I got good readings from my charge for tucked inside my sock as I walked so until I decide what I will do as far as replacing the charge for I guess I’m back to that charge to which has been sitting on the shelf, waiting the approximate 18 months that the strap connector seems to last based on prior  Information noted in the fitness community. 

Best Answer
Dear Fitbit,

Why has my my streak been reset again? I had red to rebuild it after the
many times it has been lost. You keep saying that you are aware of the
problem which apparently means it will never be fixed. Pretty lame support.
Best Answer

What’s going on with the step streak on the app? I was at 767 day step streak and all of a sudden it says 7 day step streak! 
anyone else having this problem?

I want my streak back!!!!!

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

Thanks for keeping me posted. I understand how you're feeling about this situation and I apologize for the experience. As mentioned before, this has been reported to our team and while there isn't a time frame when this will be resolved, please know we're keeping them informed of the impact to all our members.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll update this thread as soon as we have more information to share.

Best Answer
0 Votes
In all the messages we see from Fitbit they are very careful not to say
anyone is working on the problem, only that they know about it. Just saying
that that seems very interesting for a problem affecting so many people.
Best Answer
I Lizzie, I feel bad for you. Just think that management quit you out on a regular basis to take the slings and arrows of the Fitbit community rather than coming to the community and giving a more serious response. You should not have to be the one that comes out to Facebook community with non-answers to legitimate concerns.

Sent from my iPho when will the people who have created the problem, stand up and except the air failures and address the Facebook community in total.

I am a blind user, having dictated this on my iPhone. I hope you will be able to make sense of this message.

Update version 3.74 is now available. It has not done anything to address the concerns of the blind and reading the stable community that have been brought up in the past. The edit button still is not available and has not been available in almost a year and a half to Line users using the Apple voice over screen reader. A recent update has taken away heart rate and cardio scores. Tiles are randomly rearranging and now they sometimes disappear in total and I have to get out of the Fitbit application and re-open it in order to get things back to normal. There are also issues with hourly information for the blind user in many of the tiles and information in the suite area is incomplete or not available to people without site. There are many other issues that should be addressed, but haven’t. Thank you to the Google Disability Support team for the assistance they have given me .
Best Answer
0 Votes